Rules Your Kids Did Not and Will Not Learn In School

Sage advice, indeed, but Bill left out this one. . .

pull-up-your-pants-sign.jpg

I would rephrase the sign to read: "Pull up your pants, you ridiculous, pathetic moron. . ."

Serious question: Is this an Urban Black thing, or do White Boys go around with their belt-line beneath their rectums?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Sage advice, indeed, but Bill left out this one. . .

pull-up-your-pants-sign.jpg

I would rephrase the sign to read: "Pull up your pants, you ridiculous, pathetic moron. . ."

Serious question: Is this an Urban Black thing, or do White Boys go around with their belt-line beneath their rectums?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

This started in Rikers Island Jail years ago.

Now, it has spread to all cultures and groups.

Adam

Adam

It is like Gresham's law. Bad customs drive out the good.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Adam

It is like Gresham's law. Bad customs drive out the good.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Justin Bieber has been photographed with pants down and pink underwear.

However the Biebs in not in the vanguard of urban fashion. I live next to a high school and the low pants are definitely passe, I have not seen them on teens of any colour for several months.

I still see guys wearing their pants around their knees in LA all the time. It looks like utter insanity to me. It would be hysterical if it were not so pathetic.

0_61_pants_billboard1.jpg

> Is this an Urban Black thing, or do White Boys go around with their belt-line beneath their rectums?

> It is like Gresham's law. Bad customs drive out the good.

It's like the OL and other websites' law. Bad posts (with their belt lines below their rectum) drive out good.

Think about where your belt line is if you are one who only post insults or if you don't ever post thoughtful intellectual responses.

It's like the OL and other websites' law. Bad posts (with their belt lines below their rectum) drive out good.

Think about where your belt line is if you are one who only post insults or if you don't ever post thoughtful intellectual responses.

I am in awe of the depth of intellectual substance of this post and the nuanced subtlety of sneak-attack ranting in the Humor section.

But, since this is a humor thread, let's at least appreciate the humor in it.

Phil stated that "Bad posts (with their belt lines below their rectum) drive out good." I cannot help but notice that Phil thinks many posts on OL are bad, yet he keeps up a string of his own posts.

Oh dear. What to conclude? What to conclude?

Let's see...

Since all those dirty rotten posts are supposed to drive out the intelligent ones, and since he is prolific, they obviously did not drive out his posts. So isn't this an admission--in action--that his own posts are no good and not intelligent?

(I can't help but think of the line in my signature: "Know thyself..." )

:smile:

Michael

Justin Bieber has been photographed with pants down and pink underwear.

Haven't we all? 8-)

Ghs

I was assuming you were using the royal "we" there, George, but I have been advised that when Ghs says We in the present perfect tense, he is merely being accurate.

However the Biebs in not in the vanguard of urban fashion. I live next to a high school and the low pants are definitely passe, I have not seen them on teens of any colour for several months.

I still see guys wearing their pants around their knees in LA all the time. It looks like utter insanity to me. It would be hysterical if it were not so pathetic.

0_61_pants_billboard1.jpg

Well, climate could be a factor here. LA is warm. Canadian males may not just not be willing to freeze their butts literally off in the name of fashion.

I never quite got the hang of street slang, but now, with Phil’s help, I think I’m catching on.

A ‘bad post’ is one that lots of OL members respond to.

‘Good posts’ are posts that everyone ignores in favor of the ‘bad posts.’

Sick means awesome! Bad means good. “Killin It” is actually a good thing.

Thanks, Phil! You’re the pimp!

No,

--bad posts are something which are meant out of spite and accomplish nothing.

--Bad posts are mean-spirited and snarky like the one you just made.

--Bad posts are personal undercutting Perigo-like 'zingers' which have no intellectual content

Especially if you are capable of greater intelligence, of not showing your butt cheeks and mooning your opponents.

(Hmmm... I guess I should go back to treating you the way Rand did in the question period with the insulting interlocutor? Should I stick you back in the snark pack with the Jonathans, NDs, Fred Weiss's, Boaz Simonicis, and Luke Setzers?)

Thanks, Phil! You’re the pimp!

Come on Dennis!

That's not fair!

A sneak attack like that almost knocked me off my chair from a guffaw. I started laughing so hard I had to stop a second to catch my breath.

Dayaamm!

:smile:

Michael

Thanks, Michael. It's gratifying to know that somebody around here appreciates my (perhaps slightly perverse) sense of humor. :laugh:

No,

--bad posts are something which are meant out of spite and accomplish nothing.

--Bad posts are mean-spirited and snarky like the one you just made.

--Bad posts are personal undercutting Perigo-like 'zingers' which have no intellectual content

Especially if you are capable of greater intelligence, of not showing your butt cheeks and mooning your opponents.

(Hmmm... I guess I should go back to treating you the way Rand did in the question period with the insulting interlocutor? Should I stick you back in the snark pack with the Jonathans, NDs, Fred Weiss's, Boaz Simonicis, and Luke Setzers?)

While you're at it, here's another candidate for the "snark pack":

> Is this an Urban Black thing, or do White Boys go around with their belt-line beneath their rectums?

> It is like Gresham's law. Bad customs drive out the good.

Are you like Woody Allen (or Groucho), who said he would refuse to join any club that would have him as a member?