Poll reveals Ron Paul best able to defeat Obama

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/12/04/new-iowa-poll-has-ron-paul-best-able-to-defeat-obama/

That Ron Paul would best Obama in a head to head encounter is in the Marist poll and the link to it is within the above article.

As I understand it Ron Paul supporters are working hard in many ways to reach and enllghten Iowa caucus goers. There is a phone bank operation as well as a brochure which is being mailed to likely caucus attendees. In addition retail politics of going door to door is happening as Ron Paul's poll numbers continue to go up.

Good poll Gulch:

This is an important trend to watch since Cain is out and is expected to endorse Mr. Newt today, so it will be a good tracking mechanism:

If Cain drops out of the race, based upon the second choice of his supporters, the contest among likely Republican caucus-goers including those who are undecided yet leaning toward a candidate is now Gingrich at 28% followed by Paul and Romney with 19%. 10% favor Perry, 7% support Bachmann, 6% back Santorum, and 2% are for Huntsman. Nine percent remain undecided.

Marist has a credible reputation.

In 2008, Iowa's seven (7) electoral votes went to O'biwan by an 8.5% margin, see this link http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?f=0&fips=19&year=2008

Sadly, Nader and write-ins beat Bob Barr on the Libertarian line. Even the Constitution Party was about the same as the Libertarian total.

Adam

> Ron Paul would best Obama in a head to head encounter is in the Marist poll

Read it closely:

That's in Iowa. Not nationwide.

From my Libertarian Party e-mail today:

December 5, 2011

Dear Friend of Liberty,

We get lots of questions and suggestions about Ron Paul in relation to the Libertarian Party. Below are ten questions, and my responses.

1. Why isn't Ron Paul running on the Libertarian Party ticket?

Ron Paul was the 1988 Libertarian nominee for president. He has said often that he is running as a Republican because he gets in the debates that way. It's up to Ron Paul to decide if he wants to be considered for the Libertarian Party's nomination, and it's up to the delegates at our national convention to choose our presidential nominee.

2. Why don't you recruit Ron Paul to be the Libertarian presidential candidate?

Your LP headquarters staff must be neutral, and we don't assist one candidate over another. To be fair, we encourage lots of people to seek the LP nomination for president and other offices. In 2008, the Libertarian National Committee passed a resolution inviting Ron Paul to seek the LP nomination. Understandably, that made some of the other candidates and their supporters upset. Ron Paul declined the offer.

3. Is Ron Paul a member of the LP?

While Ron Paul is a Republican Congressman, he is also an Honorary Lifetime Member of the Libertarian Party, and he will remain so unless he requests to have his membership terminated. Even if you plan to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, you too can become a member of the Libertarian Party by clicking here and contributing $25. It will not affect your voter registration, and you can vote in whatever elections you want -- so please join the LP today!

4. Does the Libertarian Party like Ron Paul?

The comments we hear make it clear that many Libertarian Party members like Ron Paul, while some disagree with him on certain policy positions and dislike his choice to work within the Republican Party. Overall, I think Ron Paul's campaigns are good for liberty and also good for the Libertarian Party because he is promoting many of the Libertarian Party's positions, which helps our candidates in down-ballot races like Congress, state legislature, and so on.

5. If Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination, what will the Libertarian Party do?

That is up to the delegates at our National Convention. Our bylaws prevent us from endorsing candidates in other parties. It will probably be clear who the Republican nominee will be by April. The Libertarian National Convention will be held May 2-6 in Las Vegas.

6. How do I become a delegate to the Libertarian National Convention?

The process for becoming a delegate to the Libertarian National Convention varies by state. Contact your state party for that information. In many states, there are more delegate slots available than there are people willing to attend the convention. So, if you want to be a delegate, there's a good chance you can be. A list of links to state parties is here.

7. Should the LP run no candidate in 2012, and endorse Ron Paul instead?

Our bylaws prevent us from endorsing candidates in other parties. Additionally, while Ron Paul could be the Republican nominee, if instead the Republican Party nominates someone like Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich, I think many Ron Paul supporters will be glad to have a Libertarian alternative.

8. Why is Ron Paul discussion banned from your Facebook page?

It's not. However, our Facebook page is for promoting Libertarian Party candidates and activities. Ron Paul fans are famous for being ubiquitous online, and we're pleased they see value in commenting on our Facebook page. But we'll continue using our judgement to decide how much is too much, and we'll remove excessive comments on Ron Paul and any other non-Libertarian Party related topics, including spam. You can join the conversation on our Facebook page here.

9. Wes, that's a lot of great information, but be straight with me. Do you think Ron Paul will be the 2012 Libertarian Party nominee?

Ron Paul has said publicly quite often that he doesn't want to do that. He said that in 2008 too, and he meant it. On the other hand, some people believe he has spoken in a way that leaves the door open. I don't know what his plans are, and it's not my place to speculate. Whether Ron Paul appears on the November ballot as a Republican, or as a Libertarian, or not at all, I think it's very important that we have many Libertarian candidates on the ballot for other offices like Congress, statewide offices, and state legislatures. You can amplify your voice a thousand times by running for office as a Libertarian. Consider this: If you're a candidate, then whoever you choose to promote for president, more people will hear you.

10. Who are the Libertarian candidates for president?

You can find a list of our current candidates here. It's common for additional candidates to enter our nomination process later in the season. And they can do that all the way up until nominations are held at our convention.

Thanks for your interest in the fight for liberty. While some choose to work through other parties or organizations to promote liberty, I'm convinced that for many of us, we have our greatest impact as grassroots activists working through the Libertarian Party. The national Libertarian Party has had an annual budget of less than $2 million for years. While that's tiny compared to Ron Paul's $30 million campaigns, I think we deliver a big bang for the buck.

And I want to repeat, whether or not Ron Paul is on the ballot for president next November, Americans need lots of Libertarian candidates up and down the ballot. Please support the Libertarian Party so we can work to recruit, advise, and support them.

Sincerely,

Wes Benedict

Executive Director

Libertarian National Committee

As much as I can appreciate most of Paul's domestic agenda, his foreign policy is dangerously irrational. He quotes and defends the US Constitution verbatim, but he misses the original intent and spirit of the US C. He is obsessed with the letter of the US Constitution, but fails to realize that even such a great document as it is it does have its problem area's, what's more there is no way that the Founding Fathers could forsee all of the new dynamics, problems, and technology etc of the future. Hell, even Thomas Jefferson sent the Marines to Barbary to deal with unruly muslims.

I imagine that if Ron Paul were elected that he would sit down with the military brass and learn whatever they tell presidents in such circumstances. That might temper his enthusiasm to bring home the troops who are actively engaged in Iraq and Afganistan.

But he could still justify bringing troops home from the 900 military bases in over 150 other countries which costs America over one trillion dollars a year! Perhaps he could be persuaded to keep troops where they are truly "needed."

The only source of optimism I have about the conflicts and mayhem imposed by the religious fanatics who are destroying those they consider to be infidels is the fact that Christianity behaved as badly centuries ago with its inquisitions but put that in their past after the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.

We withdraw from Iraq and all hell breaks loose. We withdraw from Afganistan and all hell breaks loose. Otherwise we stay forever and the country goes bankrupt.

We cannot afford to fight all those battles.

But if Obama gets re elected or Romney or Gingrich take over and continue to engage in foreign lands to your satisfaction the costs will continue to mount and overwhelm. Especially when they would not begin to address the entitlements the way Ron Paul would. Not to mention that only Ron Paul, perhaps Gary Johnson, would deal with the Federal Reserve as needs to be done before the Fed destroys the dollar altogether. It may already be too late for the dollar to be saved given the egregious printing of trillions which were given to who knows whom.

I think the domestic issues are more important and that only Ron Paul would address them at the core. The others would tinker around the edges not press for a complete audit of the Fed to begin with.

There is a good reason why once someone becomes a Ron Paul supporter they remain true to him. His supporters have almost doubled recently and between the phone banks calling, the brochures being sent to super delegates and voters, the youtube videos and websites as well as the efforts of the campaingforliberty.com, the youngamericans YALiberty.com, the StudentsforLiberty spreading the word on campuses, it is conceivable that growth in support will become exponential as the election comes closer.

the brochures being sent to super delegates and voters, the youtube videos and websites as well as the efforts of the campaingforliberty.com, the youngamericans YALiberty.com, the StudentsforLiberty spreading the word on campuses, it is conceivable that growth in support will become exponential as the election comes closer.

Gulch:

Out of 2,380 total delegates at the Republican National Convention, 463 are unpledged delegates, who play the same role as superdelegates. Of the 463, 123 are members of the Republican National Committee.

Do you know how many of the 123 members of the Republican National Committee have announced their pledge? How many to Dr. Paul?

Of the remaining unpledged 340 unpledged delegates, do you know how many have become pledged? How many to Dr. Paiul?

I have not inquired yet.

Apparently, Romney has 13 delegates committed so far.

Adam

Tracking superdelegates, already - Ben Smith: Tracking superdelegates, already

August 16, 2011

Tracking superdelegates, already

Superdelegate math played a huge role in the 2008 primary battle between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, and Democratic Convention Watch is taking a look at where the Republican superdelegates (or "Automatic Delegates") stand for 2012.

There hasn't been much movement so far: five are backing Romney and one is supporting Santorum, but they're the only two candidates to have committed superdelegates so far. But with 168 total superdelegates — or 14 percent of the votes at the convention in Tampa — there's still a long way to go.

And if Republicans end up with a drawn-out primary fight next spring, those 168 superdelegates could tip the scales.

Gulch,

I admire your tenacity.

I'm still not in the Paul camp, but I no longer think it is certain he would be a disaster as President. I heard him talk about transition plans and he seems to be adapting his stance to be more in line with the reality he would face if elected. That's not totally reassuring to me, but it's a lot better than before.

We already know about his foreign policy stuff (letting Iran have nukes, etc.) that people object to (including me), so I only mention it in passing.

But there is something else that bothered me about him on a leadership/ideology level.

He refused to go on the Trump debate because, according to him, it is:

... beneath the office of the Presidency and flies in the face of that office’s history and dignity.

I don't blame him for a personal feud, but that kind of attitude before a capitalist of the first order smells a lot like elitist crap to me. Since when is a businessman below the "dignity" of a politician?

I thought he was a libertarian, for Pete's sake. Man, that rang false to me.

Here's another quote by him from a few days ago (talking about Trump):

But evidently, you know, he probably doesn’t like my position on the federal reserve. You know, easy credit for developers and investors, you know they like easy credit and they like the federal reserve and they like that for bailing out.

Trump's thing isn't bailouts. That was a stupid thing to say.

Trump isn't a saint, but as a businessman, he uses what is available to build things and make profit. I even once heard him say that he considers bankruptcy as a "business tool." That's his attitude toward government stuff. Not greedy parasitical profit-mongering to avoid competition (which is what Paul's quote implies).

And in the current business environment in the USA, how else should Trump think if he wants to exist and make profits? Wait for some ideological politician to come along and magically make things all better?

Couldn't Paul have come up with arguments to carry out his feud with Trump other than a smear of businessmen and placing them below politicians in dignity?

Not cool.

Michael

http://www.ronpaul20...o-defeat-obama/

That Ron Paul would best Obama in a head to head encounter is in the Marist poll and the link to it is within the above article.

As I understand it Ron Paul supporters are working hard in many ways to reach and enllghten Iowa caucus goers. There is a phone bank operation as well as a brochure which is being mailed to likely caucus attendees. In addition retail politics of going door to door is happening as Ron Paul's poll numbers continue to go up.

Dream on. Dream on. By November of 2012 you might wake up.

Ba'al Chatzaf

They're all making excuses not to attend the debate because most all of them are cowards and fear the direct questions that the Donald will ask.....*cough*Romney.....if you are a candidate with character, integrity, and you stand by what you believe there should be no ambivalence in deciding to attend Mr. Trump's debate.

They're all making excuses not to attend the debate because most all of them are cowards and fear the direct questions that the Donald will ask.....*cough*Romney.....if you are a candidate with character, integrity, and you stand by what you believe there should be no ambivalence in deciding to attend Mr. Trump's debate.

Debate is a college sport. It is a showcase for those with the gift of public gab and has little relation to deep or sound thought.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Debate is a college sport. It is a showcase for those with the gift of public gab and has little relation to deep or sound thought.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

It is not a sport by any criteria. Second, it is a vehicle for serious thought, if it is utilized to engage in "...deep, or sound thought."

It depends on the intention of the program and the folks who are running the program.

Adam

It is not a sport by any criteria. Second, it is a vehicle for serious thought, if it is utilized to engage in "...deep, or sound thought."

It depends on the intention of the program and the folks who are running the program.

Adam

I am thinking of college debate where the participants rattle out at 120 wpm gasping and wheezing as they do. It is the perfect pastime for autistic folks who like to talk.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Adam

Reasoned disputation should take place in written form complete with footnotes and bibliographic references.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Adam

Reasoned disputation should take place in written form complete with footnotes and bibliographic references.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

Really, so it cannot be orally, calmly, s l o w l y, with charts and explanations?

Adam

Gulch!

Crisis time...Glenn Beck, that religious fanatic that we know is completely irresponsible has declared this morning that he will consider backing Dr. Paul in a third party bid, if the Republican nominee is Mr. Newt!!

Ow woe! Oh hand wringing time! What shall we do?

http://www.therightscoop.com/glenn-beck-id-consider-ron-paul-as-third-party-over-newt-gingrich/

Nest thing will be Tim Tebow endorsing Dr. Paul!

Adam

chuckling and whistling that politics makes really strange bedfellows

Here we go - Beck considers - Paul shoots into tie with Romney in Iowa! Any connection Gulch?

Ron Paul showing that he has steady support in the early caucus state of Iowa scheduled for Jan 3rd 2012.

A new poll by The American Research Group shows Gingrich and Paul in a statistical tie for first place with the margin of error of 4% with Gingrich at 22% and Paul at 17%

While Congressman Paul has steadily increased his percentage of support of the last few weeks Newt Gingrich support has fallen 5% in less than 2 weeks of previous polls. Congressman Paul also dominates every other candidate with support from independents with 39% and also tops with tea party support of 21% compared to Gingrich's 18%.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 12, 2011

Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus

Iowa Likely Republican

Caucus Goers Dec 8-11

2011 Bachmann 7% Gingrich 22% Huntsman 5% Johnson - Paul 17% Perry 13% Roemer - Romney 17% Santorum 7% Other 1% Undecided 12%

Newt Gingrich leads the Iowa Republican Presidential Caucus with 22%. Gingrich is followed by Mitt Romney and Ron Paul at 17% each, and Rick Perry at 13%.

Among registered Republicans, Gingrich leads with 23%, followed by Romney at 19%, Perry at 14%, and Paul at 13%.

Among likely Republican caucus-goers saying they are supporters of the Tea Party, Gingrich leads with 27%, followed by Romney at 19%, Michele Bachmann and Perry at 14% each, and Paul at 12%. Among likely caucus-goers saying they are not supporters of the Tea Party or that they are undecided about the Tea Party, Paul leads with 21%, followed by Gingrich at 18%, Romney at 16%, and Perry at 12%.

Among likely Republican caucus-goers saying they will definitely participate in the caucus, Gingrich leads with 22%, followed by Romney at 18%, Paul at 16%, and Perry at 13%.

Details from the survey of 600 likely Republican caucus-goers conducted December 8-11 can be found here.

Adam,

I understand that Michael Savage has radio listening audience nationally numbering over twelve million! So his opinion should move his listeners in Ron Paul's direction.

Also there is an article supporting Ron Paul's foreign policy positions. When I come across it again I will post a link to it here. Found it:

From the INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES

http://www.ibtimes.c...eign-policy.htm

Here is an excerpt from it:

<<<"The truth, however, is that foreign policy is one of Paul's strongest points.

Paul is a non-interventionist. He wants to bring troops home from Iraq, Afghanistan and from all over the world. He wants the U.S. to stop policing the world, mind its own business and spend less money on defense.

This is in sharp contrast to the current state of U.S. foreign policy, which has the U.S. spending nearly five percent of its GDP on the military each year and stationing troops in over 150 countries (including heavy presences in friendly countries like Japan).

The U.S., in fact, accounts for 43 percent of the total global military spending in 2010, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.">>>

LINK IS ABOVE WHILE THE LINK TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF MICHAEL SAVAGE IS BELOW

<<<" Michael Savage: I would sleep better at night with Ron Paul as president">>>

Submitted by freedom1776 on Tue, 12/13/2011 - 13:05

in

http://youtu.be/4dq_OL614N4

Adam,

I understand that Michael Savage has radio listening audience nationally numbering over twelve million! So his opinion should move his listeners in Ron Paul's direction.

Also there is an article supporting Ron Paul's foreign policy positions. When I come across it again I will post a link to it here.

<<<" Michael Savage: I would sleep better at night with Ron Paul as president">>>

Submitted by freedom1776 on Tue, 12/13/2011 - 13:05

in

http://youtu.be/4dq_OL614N4

Gulch:

Dr. Paul has a solid shot at taking the Iowa caucus because it is a caucus spread out over the 99 counties in the four quadrants of Iowa.

This was why Clinton lost last cycle becasuse they did not understand the structure of the caucus. These cauci meet in church basements and firehouses.

They last for hours listening to speeches for the different candidates. Then, publicly people get into groups under each candidates banners. So there is no secrect balloting.

Then there is more discussion with pressure being applied in each group and amongst groups. People switch groups.

Dr. Paul's dedicated true believer flock will wait all day to do their duty to God, mother and country Dr. Paul.

The structure of the Hawkeye Cauci favor the person with the best ground game AND with the most committed supporters.

Bachman who was born in the state and spent a lot of time there this cycle will do much better than her poll numbers show because her folks are dedicated and have had a personal contact with her. Bachman just announced that she is going to visit all 99 counties in the next ten (10) days.

Santorum will also do much better than his numbers because he has basically been living in the state with his family for the last seven months.

Mr. Newt's poll numbers will show a drop off because he does not have a good ground operation in Iowa. How much? I do not know yet.

Romney's actual numbers will be within 10 % of his poll numbers.

I am not sure about Dr. Savage's stunt may not have much effent in these cauci because of their difficult nature. They are not sprints, they are marathons and Dr. Savages folks are not willing to spend eight or nine hours in a caucus.

His stunt will help Dr. Paul down the road though.

Adam

Post script: What no comment on Glenn Beck's endorsement?

This is the one I was looking for...thanks to Drudge...

n Iowa, Paul closes to within one point of front-runner Gingrich

ron_paul-300x180.jpg

Texas Rep. Ron Paul has surged to second place in a new Iowa poll of likely Republican caucus goers, just one percent behind former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, the current front runner.

Paul has consistently placed in the top tier of Republican presidential candidates in recent Iowa polls. With Iowans heading to vote in only three weeks, Gingrich holds a razor-thin 22–21 lead.

The poll, conducted by Public Policy Polling, found weakening support for Gingrich among self-identified tea partiers, and a dramatic rise in Paul’s favorability rating.

Read more: http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz1gSuHETCX