Liberals: Liberty is racism, slavery, crime, sociopathy

sjw

In a recent discussion with some self-professed "rational", "scientific", "atheist" liberals, I was discussing with the the ideas in my book, "For Individual Rights". I didn't get too far when each of these liberals picked up one of the following themes and started relentlessly, zealously, self-righteously trying to make the case that:

• Liberty is slavery
  • Liberty is racism
  • Liberty is crime
  • Liberty is sociopathy/psychopathy/mental disease

One liberal making the last case even went so far as saying that in the future, people like me would be forcibly "cured" by being held down and medically manipulated until I adopted "healthy", collective-oriented thinking patterns.

The manner in which they were doing this was bizarrely disconnected from anything I was saying, and they were utterly immune from being in any way corrected. The whole experience reminded me of a book I had read, "The Masks of Communism".

Is this a common thing among liberals? If so, they are far worse than I'd ever supposed. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I did see Chris Mathews pull something very similar. It seems like there's a liberal playbook here.

Shayne

In a recent discussion with some self-professed "rational", "scientific", "atheist" liberals, I was discussing with the the ideas in my book, "For Individual Rights". I didn't get too far when each of these liberals picked up one of the following themes and started relentlessly, zealously, self-righteously trying to make the case that:

• Liberty is slavery
  • Liberty is racism
  • Liberty is crime

Sounds like 1984.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Shayne,

This is a result of class warfare epistemology plus the presumption that man is perfectible according to a dogma.

These people say that stuff you posted ultimately because they imagine they represent (or fall within) the oppressed class. They need to beat the oppressors and totally neutralize them.

Then, because they believe that man is perfectible, they need to fix the oppressors--and failing that, kill them off, thus purify the human species.

So when they say "liberty is slavery," they don't mean themselves. (The same applies to the other things you said.) They mean that if you leave mankind without their particular enforced controls (that--they believe--lead towards the perfect man), mankind will naturally create an oppressor class that will enslave an oppressed class. To them, that is innate in man's nature unless the collective reprograms him.

And with enough people reprogrammed and the bad apples killed off, eugenics kicks in and leads to the perfect man. They don't use the term "eugenics," but that is the concept they use as a premise.

I believe that some of these people focus so much on this kind of epistemology and nurture it with strong emotions of anger and hatred that they literally (and physically) mutilate their brain--their ability to correctly identify something.

They think all human beings are oppressors or the oppressed. It is inconceivable to them that a person who does not fit into that dichotomy exists.

A free individual human being who does not want to control others is just as real to them as a Martian or the Tooth Fairy--nice to think about but totally make-believe. When they see one, they literally don't see him. They think he is hiding his game.

Granted, there are some power mongers and bullies among these folks who do see correctly, but I really do believe that many have mutilated their brains like people in a cult do.

If anybody needs a reeducation camp, or at least a debriefing program, these folks do.

I know that I sound like them when I say that, but here is the difference.

I am happy to let them exist as they are if they don't get power over me. Being free also means being free to be stupid.

They are not happy to let anyone who thinks differently exist if they get ultimate power. They are hell bent on making that person agree or, at the very least, bow down before them. If the person refuses, then off with his head.

Some of these people can be nice folks, but they are really dangerous to be around if they get power.

Michael

We can't do much with this if you don't properly reference it. Specifically, where did you go? That's just for starters.

--Brant

It sounds like you're about as naive as I am about liberals (or at least this class of them).

Shayne

• Liberty is slavery
  • Liberty is racism
  • Liberty is crime

One liberal making the last case even went so far as saying that in the future, people like me would be forcibly "cured" by being held down and medically manipulated until I adopted "healthy", collective-oriented thinking patterns.

They don't know what liberty means. They believe it means license. They also want a license to use coercion against anybody who disagrees with them.

Shayne, They think all human beings are oppressors or the oppressed. It is inconceivable to them that a person who does not fit into that dichotomy exists. A free individual human being who does not want to control others is just as real to them as a Martian or the Tooth Fairy--nice to think about but totally make-believe. When they see one, they literally don't see him. They think he is hiding his game. Michael

This evokes a conclusion I've arrived at after long refusing to believe it.

It's more psychological than ideological, but I think these people are so accustomed to a collectivist mentality, that each, himself, has ceased to exist (for all intents and purposes.)

Such severe loss of individualism, that not only can't they see you - when talking to them you realise you are talking right 'through' them - over their heads.

But watch out! If anything of your individualism does penetrate, you become an affront to their world-view, and anger and threats of control ensue.

Such is diluted, or abandoned, egoism. Nothing is uglier.

We can't do much with this if you don't properly reference it. Specifically, where did you go? That's just for starters.

--Brant

It sounds like you're about as naive as I am about liberals (or at least this class of them).

Shayne

The problem is I can't get educated about them if you don't tell me where to go. Having grown up with liberals, I can only say none of them were as bad as you've indicated. Now, there is an extremely hard left that wants to screw us all . . . , the liberals I'm talking about were mostly into alcohol.

--Brant