Leopards and spots and Marxists in the White Huose

Does the President believe that climate change represents such an imminent threat to our security that we need to begin moving immediately towards the elimination of all carbon-based power production? If he does than he should say so, clearly, and explain to the nation the peril we face, and what his plans are for the energy sector.

If the President doesn’t share these views than why is he nominating someone who does? This is not a green jobs advisory role like Van Jones was hired for, this is the Secretary of Commerce for the entire country.

It’s time for every national leader who has bought into the doomsday scenarios over climate change to show some courage and tell the people of this nation exactly where they stand. This should be a central issue in the 2012 campaign, and we should not tolerate the backdoor enactment of these policies by regulatory fiat.

New commerce secretary in his own anti-industrialist words

A year and a half to go before Obama's term ends. If we can survive that long we may just muddle out of this mess.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Nuclear power is carbon-free, right? So is thermonuclear! Why do we have to obey the wishes of owners of coal mines, the unions of their workers, the owners of oil wells, and the unions of their workers. If there is nothing like a fireplace burning hardwood on Christmas Eve, then why can't I have a nuclear power plant in my basement?

Get the government out of it entirely and you have no idea what orders will emerge.

Edited by Michael E. Marotta

A year and a half to go before Obama's term ends. If we can survive that long we may just muddle out of this mess.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Only if O is not re elected as he may very well be. Not everyone who voted for him is disenchanted with him. He is still for spreading the wealth around and that means many are on the receiving end.

I read that in a CNN poll only Ron Paul as the Republican nominee would beat O. What are the chances that Doctor Paul would ever be chosen as the nominee?

Nuclear power is carbon-free, right? So is thermonuclear! Why do we have to obey the wishes of owners of coal mines, the unions of their workers, the owners of oil wells, and the unions of their workers. If there is nothing like a fireplace burning hardwood on Christmas Eve, then why can't I have a nuclear power plant in my basement?

Get the government out of it entirely and you have no idea what orders will emerge.

Correct. Hyperion Power Generation

And then there is government's nose:

Update (November 12, 2008): The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) contacted PhysOrg.com to state that the NRC has no plans to review the Hyperion design in the near future, although the NRC and Hyperion have had preliminary talks. Because the Hyperion design is unique, the NRC expects that it will take significant time to ensure safety requirements. In a response to a letter from October 2008, the NRC stated:

“Hyperion Power Generation is in the early stages of development of this design, and very little testing information is available for this design concept. Hyperion Power Generation has indicated that it will submit technical reports to support a pre-application review in late FY 2009. The NRC cannot engage in any meaningful, formal technical interaction with the potential applicant until we receive those reports. Because of the very limited amount of test data and lack of operating experience available for a uranium hydride reactor, the NRC staff anticipates that a licensing review would involve significant technical, safety, and licensing policy issues.

And of course O'biwan's bull shit:

Nuclear power: Obama team touts mini-nukes to fight global warming

Ba'al Chatzaf

Only if O is not re elected as he may very well be. Not everyone who voted for him is disenchanted with him. He is still for spreading the wealth around and that means many are on the receiving end.

I read that in a CNN poll only Ron Paul as the Republican nominee would beat O. What are the chances that Doctor Paul would ever be chosen as the nominee?

Gulch:

Out of curiosity, why would you give any credence to a CNN poll?

Do you have the link by any chance? I would like to look at the internals.

Adam

Ba'al Chatzaf

Gulch:

Out of curiosity, why would you give any credence to a CNN poll?

Do you have the link by any chance? I would like to look at the internals.

Adam

Adam,

Who said anything about credence of polls?

I googled "CNN poll" Ron Paul and came up with this:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=207642.0

Evidently a poll showed that Ron Paul was closest as Obama led everyone else by a wider margin.

I am sure you have noticed that the likes of Chris Matthews never mentions Ron Paul as even being in contention. He will say the names of Romney, Pawlenty and Huntsman as those who have a chance or as the major contenders. He knows that if he even mentions Ron Paul in the same breath with Romney that it would give the impression that Paul has a chance to win. By not mentioning Paul he conveys that there is no contest.

Who in Hell is Matthews to decide such things?

Same thing happened last election. Hopefully Ron Paul has more support this time.

gulch

With or without the government you will never have a nuclear power generator in your private basement.

Why?

The economies of scale work against that and the physics of shielding make such a thing a practical impossibility.

It takes a lot of hot water and steam to turn a generating turbine.

Ba'al Chatzaf