JR's OL Tea Party Bash

I just wanted to warn everyone that if any of you violate my cake rights at JR's tea party, I will retaliate with extreme prejudice.

J

Wow! Does that mean you will not vote for O'biwan in the 2012 Presidential election?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to warn everyone that if any of you violate my cake rights at JR's tea party, I will retaliate with extreme prejudice.

How are you defining your cake rights, Jonathan?

Shall we bring Uncle Peikoff along too offer moral instructions on that? :Dhttp://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10514&pid=133903&st=20entry133903

We'll put LP through some tough tests though. When he reaches for one of the Kölsch beer bottles, I plan to grab it from him claiming 'property rights': for it was me who bought the Kölsch and I have decided not to share any with him. ;)

Edited by Xray

J

Jonathan, I have it on good authority that there will be enough cake to go around. A large devils-food one out of which at least one surprise guest will jump, and smaller marble cakes baked in shape of LP's last remaining one.

My cake rights are Peikovian in nature. When there is property which is common or shared, and whose ownership is in question, such as a last piece of cake at a party, then the person who "calls it first" is the rightful owner.

Additionally, in this post, I pre-"called it first" on all existing and future last slices, as well everything else in the universe that no one has previously claimed to own. So, if you show up at JR's tea party before I do, and try to "call it first" on any pieces of cake or pizza, etc., be aware that I've already beaten you to it, and that if you attempt to take the last piece, you will be guilty of a vicious assault on the idea of property rights.

J

Jonathan,

Oh Lord.

Do you mean you are going to find a painting of a cake by Michael Newberry and go to town on it, say, sense-of-life-wise or something?

:)

Michael

All kidding aside, much more often than not I've had positive reactions to Newberry's art. I think he's a talented artist, so I doubt that I'd "go to town" on an image of a cake that he painted. I generally only rip on him for his wrongheaded ideas, not his art.

J

J

Jonathan, I have it on good authority that there will be enough cake to go around. A large devils-food one out of which at least one surprise guest will jump, and smaller marble cakes baked in shape of LP's last remaining one.

Will these pieces of cake each have labels with their intended owners' names printed on them? If not, then they will be considered shared or common property, and will therefore be my property since I had the foresight to officially call it first.

J

My cake rights are Peikovian in nature. When there is property which is common or shared, and whose ownership is in question, such as a last piece of cake at a party, then the person who "calls it first" is the rightful owner.

Additionally, in this post, I pre-"called it first" on all existing and future last slices, as well everything else in the universe that no one has previously claimed to own. So, if you show up at JR's tea party before I do, and try to "call it first" on any pieces of cake or pizza, etc., be aware that I've already beaten you to it, and that if you attempt to take the last piece, you will be guilty of a vicious assault on the idea of property rights.

J

Further, I want it firmly understood that I recognize Jonathan's claim to have "called" the last piece of cake at my party first, and everyone is hereby put on notice that I will stop at nothing to defend his property rights while he is a guest at Chez Riggenbach.

Sternly,

JR

A committee has been struck to remove JR's Thelonious Monk collection from the premises before the party. Volunteers?

Well, you know, The Management (as we call ourselves when we throw a party) does adapt to particular circumstances relating to the guest list. If we know a particular guest is coming and a has a fondness for a certain cheese - say, havarti or esrom - we make arrangements to have that cheese on hand. If we know a particular guest doesn't like jazz, we can easily set up an entirely classical program for that evening.

JR

A committee has been struck to remove JR's Thelonious Monk collection from the premises before the party. Volunteers?

Hey hey, you start messing with the Monk, what's to keep you from banishing Mingus? I'm calling foul.

Next we'll be stuck with Mario Lanza.

Hey hey, you start messing with the Monk, what's to keep you from banishing Mingus? I'm calling foul.

Next we'll be stuck with Mario Lanza.

OMG 9th, you heard that rumour too? That Perigo is coming in on Lady Slapper's jet disguised as a roadie

OMG 9th, you heard that rumour too? That Perigo is coming in on Lady Slapper's jet disguised as a roadie

Who is Lady Slapper?

She is the producer of Perigo's tv show. Lady Slapper is his typically Klassy name for her.