Hockey Playoffs Approach

caroljane

Joe Namath prior to Superbowl III: "I've got news for you. We're gonna win the game. I guarantee it."

joenamathLAST.jpg

I suppose Namath was being arbitrary, too.

We shall soon see who's being arbitrary. (It ain't arbitrary if you can back it up.)

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tied at 3 after 2 -- already a scorefest for 2012!

The Kings have a phenomenal offense.

Pleeeease not OT, I need to work tomorrow!

Suck it up woman!!!! There's no whining in HOCKEY!!!!

O well, I predicted 4-3. I will be tired but vindicated.

To relieve tension, a fun bit from Bait Cars on cop reality TV (I know, I know, but it is all I receive bbesides awful Disney at present)

Officer: Are you on probation or parole? Any warrants?

Suspect: Um...not yet.

Congratulations Carol and Dennis - that is an excellent team and perfectly capable of beating either Eastern team in the Cup finals.

We have dispatched a combined committee of New Jersey "businessmen" and Brooklyn "businessmen" to the City of Angels and they will be making sure that the king players understand that we understand how valuable each man's family and children are to them and we want to make sure that they understand how they are expected to perform in the finals against either the NY or NJ teams.

Carmine, who is the coordinator of family benefits will make the primary explanation...

Vincent-Chin-Gigante-150x150.jpg

Got to hand it to the Coyotes' goalie, Smith. Seemed like the entire OT period was played in front of the Coyotes' net. Phoenix just couldn't control the puck.

Great game, with an even better ending.

Thank goodness the Stanley Cup finals will open either at the Rangers or the Devils. These Kings are truly Kings of the Road.

I'm making you an honorary Angeleno, Daunce. The support from Canada has made all the difference. There's no stopping "us" now.

Congratulations Carol and Dennis - that is an excellent team and perfectly capable of beating either Eastern team in the Cup finals.

We have dispatched a combined committee of New Jersey "businessmen" and Brooklyn "businessmen" to the City of Angels and they will be making sure that the king players understand that we understand how valuable each man's family and children are to them and we want to make sure that they understand how they are expected to perform in the finals against either the NY or NJ teams.

Carmine, who is the coordinator of family benefits will make the primary explanation...

Joaquin ("El Chapo") and Vicente will give Carmine a warm welcome. Let us hope that, in the course of their friendly "discussions," Carmine keeps his head.

As a warmup for MY-NJ at 8, take a look at Sean McIndoe comparison of Brodeur and Lunqvist in yesterdays DownoesBrown. Sample:

Lunqvist - once opened a restaurant called Tinys w/ teammate Sean Avery

Brodeur - for 10 years listened to Avery try out various names for a solely Avery restaurant, none involved word Tiny.

You know I love Avery jokes.

Devilish first period at the Garden - Devils 2 Rangers 0 7:30 gone in the 1st!

Ouch!!!!

Devils 3 Rangers 0 on 5 shots!!!

And here we are at torment time...

Rangers 3 Devils 3 in the 3rd period - mercy!!!!

Well we certainly sucked from start to finish in this game! Horrible performance by the Rangers.

Time for the exquisite torture - 18 years to the day that these two (2) teams played. At the end of the first period then and now it was 2 - 0 Devils.

Now here we are about to begin sudden death overtime...tied at 3 - 3.

Few other sports have this kind of erotic tension.

Adam

Well that was quick - Devils 3 Rangers 2

This could be a great Stanley Cup Final - the Kings should watch out for those New Jersey swamps ----- welcome to Jimmy Hoffa Land!!!!

As an official LAKer woman now, I find implants are uncomfortable, personal trainers and pedicurists are bossy and extensions are expensive -- we better win!

All true, but look at you! Wow! So, Carol, do you come here often? What’s your sign?

As an official LAKer woman now, I find implants are uncomfortable, personal trainers and pedicurists are bossy and extensions are expensive -- we better win!

All true, but look at you! Wow! So, Carol, do you come here often? What’s your sign?

120px-Inverted_Pentagram_circumscribed.svg.png

120px-Inverted_Pentagram_circumscribed.svg.png

LOL/ Actually it is of course $ CDN.

Mine was:

I/$