Keith Olberman Bit The Big One At MSNBC

Michael Stuart Kelly

What was the death rate from chickenpox? I have no idea there was one worth mentioning.

Around 150 deaths a year, in adults and children. Worth mentioning?

The adults should have been exposed as children since the pox is much worse in adults. Of the 150, how many were children? And are these current figures or figures from before mass vaccination? How many children were vaccinated overall and is there a bigger time-frame to consider than just one year? I ask that because the vaccine is not given every year, but just once--no?

In evaluating vaccinations for my non-existent baby I'd be primarily concerned about too many different vaccines too soon and any use of mercury or aluminum in the vaccines.

--Brant

What was the death rate from chickenpox? I have no idea there was one worth mentioning.

Around 150 deaths a year, in adults and children. Worth mentioning?

Modern parents are still having, as did parents in the past, chicken pox parties wherein they are intentionally exposing their children to the pox, in order to "self vaccinate" them.

http://www.nypost.com/pagesixmag/issues/20090111/Inside+New+York+Chicken+Pox+Parties

Yes, some parents have a phobia about vaccines, courtesy of a long-running strain of irrationality in the body politic, re-infected by the fraud of Andrew Wakefield, reinforced by the 'natural health' industry . . .

The Post story is reasonably well-balanced:

But pediatricians aren't laughing. "Chicken pox parties are a terrible mistake," says Dr. Anne Gershon, professor of pediatrics at Columbia University and president of the Infectious Disease Society of America. "Imagine how you would feel if you took your kid to one and they came down with encephalitis or group A strep. Most of the time chicken pox is a mild disease, but you can die from the complications."

Angie, who lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn, has heard the warnings, but says she's not concerned. "Nearly everybody my age got chicken pox, and we're all just fine," she reasons. "No one is exactly sure how long the vaccine lasts or how effective it is. I would much rather have my daughter catch it naturally and have the lifelong immunity you get from fighting it off."

I understand the immunity is not life long, but historically it has been re-enforced over one's life by continual re-exposure to children who have the pox. Now, without that, shingles in older adults is on the rise. I am not, however, speaking as one who has seriously investigated this matter.

--Brant

I understand the immunity is not life long, but historically it has been re-enforced over one's life by continual re-exposure to children who have the pox. Now, without that, shingles in older adults is on the rise. I am not, however, speaking as one who has seriously investigated this matter.

--Brant

Brant:

Is that "rise" in the incidence of shingles a per capita rise?

Adam

--Brant

Brant:

Is that "rise" in the incidence of shingles a per capita rise?

Adam

Couldn't say. Since I'm a prime candidate for the shingles vaccine, I'll be investigating it more soon.

--Brant

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Olbermann's stint on Current TV may be over.

It seems that when you put two (2) irrational leftists in the same organization, communication breaks down and prissiness explodes. Now both of these panty wearing pussys are not talking except through their attorneys.

Meanwhile, has anyone ever watched Current TV?

It was early November when tensions between
Keith Olbermann
and
Al Gore
escalated into a crisis at Current TV. There had been a short honeymoon after Gore, the channel’s co-owner, had handed the notoriously temperamental anchor a reported $10 million salary and equity stake in February of last year, but the relationship soured quickly. Now, just five months after Olbermann’s show Countdown had resurfaced on Current, it looked as if he might walk away.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/02/05/is-keith-olbermann-the-last-hope-for-gore-s-current-tv.html

Can you imagine being in on the negotiations between these two?

Priceless.

• 1 year later...

Look who apparently cannot get work...

Now, a published report indicates Olbermann’s inability to get another broadcasting job has been cited in a settlement the former host made with Current TV in connection with his $50 million lawsuit against the network.

While terms of the settlement have not been disclosed, two sources familiar with the negotiations told Politico that during the mediation stage, Olbermann’s legal representatives cited his inability to get a job at another network, which was interpreted as an effort to gain sympathy for the TV host.

“One of the cards his people played was hardship,” the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told journalist Dylan Byers of Politico. “He spent last fall talking to all the major networks, and he couldn’t get a job. The idea was, this could be the last money he ever earned.”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/out-of-work-liberal-news-anchor-seeks-sympathy/

Could not happen to a better person!

A...

Keith Olberman Bit The Big One At MSNBC

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc4dc585" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=41201922^130^190270&width=420&height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc4dc585" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=41201922^130^190270&width=420&height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Whew!

I'll just send one big blast of gratitude to the Great Beyond.

Michael

You very rarely see grace like that in public. I thank him.

Ba'al Chatzaf