The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

1 hour ago, KorbenDallas said:

As I type this, it isn't looking good for Trump.

Quotes like this are very common, and I get it (and I'm not immune to it; I have my moments, as well.) But...it reminds me of a common tv trope...for example, the show HOUSE, MD. Each week, Dr. House, a brilliant doctor based on Sherlock Holmes, against all odds, would solve the most difficult, impossible cases, astounding all the doubters. And then, next week, rinse, repeat. Each week, it was a new impossible case, and as we watched, "it didn't look good for House." And each week, he would defy the doubters.

Isn't that what doubters are doing with Trump? First, he couldn't get elected in 2016. Then, Roark-like, he overcame yellow journalism that would make Gail Wynand blush ("just another one of THE BANNER'S smear campaigns!" How did he do it? Because "those campaigns appealed to fools.") Then, impeachment; didn't look good for him, then. Then, the lockdowns and the economy crash, didn't look good for him, then. But overcame that. Then, he got Covid. Oh, no! It REALLY didn't look good for him and-oh, wait, he beat that, too...and now, despite having a strong showing in the polls, it's not looking good for his re-election chances...I mean, seriously guys, for real, this time...it's over-the election hasn't even been called yet, let alone conceded by anyone.

At this point, I don't think it's dumb luck. And I don't think it's blind faith to say to keep hope. Trump already  knew what they were planning (example, at 2 am, he said we can't allow for surprise ballots to be found at 4 am and WHAM! what did they find at 4 am?). He knows. He's planned for it. And he didn't come this far to lose.

Since this is an objectivist-leaning site, I won't ask for blind faith. But I do think Trump has done enough at this point to show that he's earned not blind faith, but faith in his accomplishments.

• Like 1

I just don't see President Trump losing in the courts.

It is true that no President I know of has ever had the votes of an opponent eliminated in the Supreme Court, but, as Scott Adams always says, one of President Trump's superpowers is to do what no one else has ever done, starting with getting a peace deal in the Middle East.

So if there is anyone who will do it, it will be President Trump.

I actually see several states flipping for President Trump from the courts. Many of the ballots that were counted for Biden were unconstitutional, so any litigation based on those are an easy path the the Supreme Court. Duplicate votes, dead people, and so on if the Democrats dig in. At the very least, I expect several states to be obligated to do recounts. And on the recounts, if they are mandated to be fair recounts with everybody looking who has a right to look, I expect the dirt to appear.

Michael

• Like 1

Take a look at this short two-minute-and-change video and think how long litigation is going to go on without anyone except the press calling the election (meaning no one official).

This is one of countless cases that are going to appear in the near future. This particular one, which involves mail fraud, is an FBI case right off the bat.

Aaaaaannnnd... It's a long time to January 20.

:) 

Michael

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Since this is an objectivist-leaning site, I won't ask for blind faith. But I do think Trump has done enough at this point to show that he's earned not blind faith, but faith in his accomplishments.

That's a false alternative, either earning faith or not.  What Trump did earn from me in the last election is respect in how he won, going for the rust belt flipping WI and MI, and I especially do not want a democrat in office.  But doesn't have to do with doubt in Trump or lack of faith to say that he is in a bad position in the electoral map at the moment I type this, winning AZ is his only real path to victory--and that path currently has about 550k+ of mail-in votes uncounted and 2/3 of those are in Maricopa County, a democrat county where mail-in votes have been decidedly trending democrat across the entire US.  I went to bed last night thinking Trump would win 2020, and as it stands right now the election is coming down to AZ, with a focus on Maricopa County.  Like I said in my earlier post, the Trump campaign is optimistic that the mail-in ballots in AZ are majority republican, and there are a lot of votes left to count.

6 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

But doesn't have to do with doubt in Trump or lack of faith to say that he is in a bad position in the electoral map at the moment I type this, winning AZ is his only real path to victory

See, there's that trope again..."I know he's won over and over in the past, defying the odds, but this time, I dunno...this is bad, you guys, really, really bad..."

(Korben, I'm not pointing you out personally, btw...it's wide-spread. What I'm really pushing back against are the "doomers", the ones who are throwing in the towel, saying "we're screwed, we're !@#$%, we're doomed". Yes, there are people LITERALLY saying that. And that just won't do...not with a President whose endured pressure on a daily basis for all of our sakes.)

11 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

What I'm really pushing back against are the "doomers", the ones who are throwing in the towel, saying "we're screwed, we're !@#$%, we're doomed". Yes, there are people LITERALLY saying that.

TG,

This actually built a humongous industry in the USA: Hollywood.

To use the five act plot structure that can be found in countless movies and novels (see Into the Woods by John Yorke or The Seven Basic Plots by Christopher Booker or even others), here is what I mean. I'm going to use my own way of saying it, not their jargon. 

Act 1 - Set up. There is a character, there is some serious trouble (or the lead-in to the main problem) and there are a few other things that can vary.

Act 2 - The character goes through a disoriented and new territory sequence as he gets his bearings. Sometimes this is the character looking and trying out new things, sometimes it is planning and projecting, sometimes it is a just a dream or image of the future, sometimes it is setting off on a journey, and so on.

Act 3 - Series of try-fail sequences that can involve one or more antagonists, or nature things like natural disasters or attempts to build something. The sequences in Act 3 do not always end in failures. They are generally a mix of wins and failures. 

Act 4 - All is lost. Something really bad happened and there is no way to fix this mess. The character is screwed and he knows it.

Act 5 - Emergence from the Dark Night of the Soul to main confrontation or battle (generally with one or more antagonists). Then, if you are like me or Trump, triumph over the main problem and even more good stuff.

The agony and despair that audiences love are mostly in Act 4. Especially when followed by the money shots at the beginning of Act 5.

So I say, let the doomsayers enjoy their pessimism (unless they are the bad guys). The deeper they go into despair and resignation, the more they will jump up and down in excitement and let out a booming "YES!" when Act 5 starts, if it starts with a bang.

If it starts slower, the more profounder the satisfaction they will feel when watching the character move haltingly, then go one painful step at a time, trembling in unbelievable pain, until he gets momentum and finally gets his hand on a weapon.

Think of every major problem and attack President Trump has endured and triumphed over in his short political career and you will see this pattern over and over and over. It follows him around like a loyal hunting dog.

Or, hell, go to the movies. That's what you'll get most of the time. We're all humans and we love this stuff. Especially that painful Act 4 where the hopelessness feels so damn good.

Oh, and think of the elitists behind Biden as an offshoot race of Borgs.

Michael

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Something's happening in Arizona?

"The left are finding out that the line in the sand for patriots is them trying to steal the election!!! Patriot crowd growing quickly"

https://twitter.com/_ROB_29/status/1324199786279399425?s=20

That's why Mike Cernovich drove down (8 hour drive). Some kind of grapevine is going on.

I bet Mike's not the only big gun going down there. 

Michael

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Act 4 - All is lost. Something really bad happened and there is no way to fix this mess. The character is screwed and he knows it.

Act 5 - Emergence from the Dark Night of the Soul to main confrontation or battle (generally with one or more antagonists). Then, if you are like me or Trump, triumph over the main problem and even more good stuff.

The agony and despair that audiences love are mostly in Act 4. Especially when followed by the money shots at the beginning of Act 5.

So I say, let the doomsayers enjoy their pessimism (unless they are the bad guys). The deeper they go into despair and resignation, the more they will jump up and down in excitement and let out a booming "YES!" when Act 5 starts, if it starts with a bang.

Hmmm...maybe I've seen too many horror movies where the people start panicking and dooming out, and reacting to that image.  And I'm haunted by the scene in THE NEVERENDING STORY, where the horse, Artax, sinks in the swamp of sadness. And I've been thinking about it from a military/sports aspect...you can't have the troops spreading doom and gloom before the battle's over; mutiny, and all that. But with your movie analogy, I'm thinking of the coach giving the speech during the crucial moment, where it's do or die..."Win one for the Gipper..."

Going with your analysis...now I'm thinking of Dominique and Roark...I guess, in a way, Roark let her "enjoy her pessimism", even as she worked against him, thinking that good couldn't exist in the world. But then there's that moment, later, when she says something in his defense like "But you couldn't beat him! He's won!"

I guess there's a point for everyone to go through their "dark night of the soul", fair enough. As long as we don't let that pessimism become contagious, like the villains want it to be.

Biden has 264 confirmed Electoral College votes and Nevada is leaning towards him. Nevada has 6 Electoral College votes.

edit. My statement is bleak and I hope I am somehow wrong, but the lawsuits in PA may not accomplish anything other than giving President Trump a higher, but losing, electoral college vote. He is already asking for money through VP Pence to file his suits but would that be throwing away money? Peter    

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Biden has 264 confirmed Electoral College votes...

Peter,

Confirmed by whom? The state governments?

Nope.

Most of those votes are confirmed by fake news media organizations and only those.

For example, among those "confirmed" is Arizona. Yet the same media organizations keep going to Arizona to see if Trump will win.

How does that square if Arizona is confirmed?

It doesn't.

The American public is being gaslighted in one of the biggest attempted cons in American history.

Coup is a better term.

Fortunately, there are the courts.

I predict there will be many recounts. And properly supervised ones. I also predict there will be found a lot of ballots for Biden that are not legal or valid. 

Here is just one case to be examined.

WATCH: Suitcases and Coolers Rolled Into Detroit Voting Center at 4 AM, Brought Into Secure Counting Area

Here's the video:

There are tons of stuff like this by now.

Michael

• Upvote 1

There's a theory going around that I find compelling.

The idea is that President Trump already knew they were going to cheat with mail-in ballots. After all, he has only been shouting that exact thought to the four winds for months.

The theory is that he let the fraud run on purpose and there are tons of people who have documented most of the individual acts of malfeasance. He let the rats expose themselves, so to speak.

This is a high-risk game since he had to ensure he gets reelected, too.

But with the information that has now been collected, he is going to take out the rot.

The reason this sounds compelling to me is that President Trump is not stupid. He knew the fraud was going to happen and he did nothing preemptively to stop it. He didn't even try. I kept thinking that was out of character for him--to keep complaining in public about an upcoming disaster and not do anything about it. Trump is a problem solver by nature.

So with this theory, it all makes sense. There is a giant sting operation underway.

And the people now know the bad guys will censor you, they will riot in the streets, they will loot your stores, they will carry boxes of phony ballots into the ballot counting rooms at 4:00AM. And on and on and on. 

Once President Trump makes his move, all hell will break loose with rioters. Apparently there are contingencies in place for this, but it will still get ugly. But he will have trapped the rats by their own arrogance and sloppiness from getting too comfortable with his complaining wedded to inaction.

There is even a theory going around that certain military, intelligence and law enforcement people are helping with this. And maybe they even managed to mark certain ballots in a unique way to prove the fraudulent from the legal. Most of all, the fraudulent ballots have to be confirmed by the respective state as official, meaning they then become legal records. The result will be the bad guys will have an enormous difficulty in replacing them once the recounts start.

Let's see if this plays out. I don't know enough to say for sure, but it sure sounds like Trump. I will be looking for it. My gut tells me this feels right.

Michael

This is more for amusement, but I bet it becomes evidence.

4 VOTERS Older than the Oldest Human Being Alive Today Voted in Michigan Including One Man Born in 1850

There were at least four voters in Michigan last night who were born before 1902.
In fact these voters are older than the oldest human alive today.

The oldest person alive today was born in 1903 so they have her beat.

All 4 of these people are older than the oldest person on the face of the earth. And they voted this cycle. Absentee.

That’s quite a turnout operation!

Here are their names.

Here was the list…

voters-michigan.jpg

One of the families was contacted and the ballot was tossed.

I want to say something witty, but nothing comes to mind. This speaks for itself.

Michael

8 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Something's happening in Arizona?

"The left are finding out that the line in the sand for patriots is them trying to steal the election!!! Patriot crowd growing quickly"

https://twitter.com/_ROB_29/status/1324199786279399425?s=20

The Reuters map I've been checking every so often now has Arizona as a Democrat "lead," rather than a "win".

2 hours ago, Dglgmut said:

The Reuters map I've been checking every so often now has Arizona as a Democrat "lead," rather than a "win".

The AP map I've been checking still lists Arizona as a Biden "win":

Arizona
11 electoral votes · 88% reporting

50.5%  1,469,341
48.1%   1,400,951

Ellen

13 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I actually see several states flipping for President Trump from the courts.

If Trump keeps Pennsylvania - and if Biden gets Nevada - that would make the totals (according to the current AP projection of wins) 268 for Trump and 270 for Biden.  Any one Biden state then being flipped from the courts would flip the election for Trump.

Ellen

From 14 minutes ago.

I would have posted from Bill Stepien's account, but Twitter is censoring it.

Also, from the same time and with the same reason:

President Trump is wearing down the cheaters item by item before he asks the courts to annul the illegal votes. The way he is going, it's possible, even likely, he gets over 270 by this approach alone. 

Michael

And here it is:

And the screenshot before Twitter censors it.

image.png

Don't forget, Jan 20 is a long ways off for cheaters.

And, in the words of President Trump:

Don't give up. Don't ever, ever give up.

I don't have a source for this quote right now, but this is an exact quote. President Trump has said these words many times and many places.

Besides, they are engraved on my heart.

Michael

• Like 1

This may not look like it, but this is a big crack opening in the cheater's defense line.

According to Twitter's policy, they should be censoring Maria's tweet with that silly comment about voting procedures. But, so far they are not.

The crack is in the fact that she, as a Fox anchor who does not get in these scuffles, tweeted this openly. Others will follow and not just from Fox.

Once it occurs to news anchors and pundits that they may be held liable in court for voter fraud, I expect to see a mysterious change in tune. :) 

Also, Eric said the legal teams are in "every state," not just in the disputed ones.

I don't expect much from the FBI and DOJ right now, though. The Deep Staters in these institutions are no doubt in on the coup. But I do I expect to see this change at some point.

Michael