Sign in to follow this  
BaalChatzaf

This scene still gives me goose bumps....

The best horror movie of all time? Condensed dialogue from “The Sixth Sense.”

Cole Sear: I'm ready to tell you my secret now.

Dr. Malcolm Crowe: Okay.

Cole Sear: Come closer.

Cole Sear: I see dead people. They don't know they're dead.

Dr. Malcolm Crowe: Where are they?

Cole Sear: Everywhere.

Cole Sear: Stuttering Stanley!

Stanley Cunningham: Excuse me.

Cole Sear: You talk funny when you went to school and you talk funny all the way to high school! Stuttering Stanley! Stuttering Stanley! Stuttering Stanley! Stuttering Stanley! Stuttering Stanley! . . . .

Stanley Cunningham: SHUT UP . . . YOU. . . FREAK!

Cole Sear: She wanted me to tell you she saw you dance. She said, when you were little, you and her had a fight, right before your dance recital. You thought she didn't come see you dance. She did. She hid in the back so you wouldn't see. She said you were like an angel. She said you came to the place where they buried her. Asked her a question? She said the answer is . . . 'Every day.' What did you ask?

Lynn Sear: Do . . .  Do I make her proud? 

“Next!”  Is there such a thing as destiny, fate, or causal *determinism*? I saw a movie tonight on Netflix that explores those themes and the answer is “No.” *Volition* exists and it matters. The movie was “Next,” with Nicolas Cage. But you need to suspend your disbelief as Edgar Allen Poe said and accept one basic premise; the character’s ability to know what is going to happen in the very near future. But can he change what is to occur?   

From Wikipedia. ”Next”: Las Vegas showroom magician Cris Johnson has a secret which torments him: he can see a few minutes into the future. Sick of the examinations he underwent as a child and the interest of the government . . . .” end quote

The movie is Science Fiction and it is intelligent and riveting. Any Fan of Rand, any scientist or any determinist should watch that movie and ask themselves “Where does the plot go wrong?” Peter

Notes. Nicolas Cage's lineage includes Hollywood royalty, so he changed his surname to distance himself from his über-famous director uncle and to avoid the appearance of nepotism. His famous family's surname? Coppola.

The action scenes rival a James Bond  movie but the acting is better. It has an all star cast. t was very enjoyable to my wife and I and I can't stop thinking about it.  The movie is  "The Accountant." 

More Ben Affleck and many scenes gave me goose bumps. “Gone Baby Gone,” 2007. I had a tough time with this movie but I do recommend it. As an objectivist and fan of Rand it had so many morally questionable acts I was floored. It was the first movie Ben Affleck directed. What do you think?

From Rotten Tomatoes. Ben Affleck's adaptation of Dennis Lehane's novel Gone, Baby, Gone stars Casey Affleck as Patrick Kenzie, a private investigator from working-class Boston who takes on a case involving a kidnapped girl. The girl's aunt begs Patrick to take the case because he has connections to criminal Boston that the police do not. He agrees and along with his partner, Angie Gennaro (Michelle Monaghan), they uncover a web of corruption that threatens the relationship between the two. Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman co-star as members of the Boston Police Department. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi

"77 Sunset Strip." I was watching a bit of the newer (93?) “Fugitive” movie with Harrison Ford just now. I started thinking about old TV shows that probably can’t be shown today because they are too Un PC. When I looked the following up I did not remember Connie Stevens was the female lead singer.

Weird lyrics? "Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)" is a song written by Irving Taylor and performed by Edward Byrnes and Connie Stevens. It reached No. 4 on the U.S. pop chart, No. 27 on the UK Singles Chart, and No. 30 on the U.S. R&B chart in 1959.[1] The song was featured on Byrnes' 1959 album, Kookie Star of "77 Sunset Strip".[2] It was based on Byrnes' character from the television show, 77 Sunset Strip. The song is mostly spoken, except when Kookie sings the bridge section: "I've got smog in my noggin' ever since you made the scene...", and makes use of Beatnik slang. Connie continually interrupts him, asking him to lend her his comb. When he finally asks her, "What's with this comb caper, baby?...", she says she wants him to stop combing his hair and kiss her. Kookie likes the sound of that, ending up saying, "Baby, you're the ginchiest!".

Lyrics. Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb
Kookie, Kookie?
Well now, let's take it from the top and grab some wheels
We're well along and talk about some cuckoo deals
But Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb
Kookie, Kookie?
Now you're on the way, miss, and I'm readin' you just fine
Don't cut out of here till we get on Cloud Nine
But Kookie, Kookie?
I've got smog in the noggin ever since you made the scene
You're the utmost
If you ever tool me out
Dead, I'm the saddest, like a brain
The very utmost
Kookie, lend me your comb
Kookie, Kookie?
Man, I got my British lighters and my flapsy-colored pen
You're gonna send me to that planet called
You know it, baby, the end

Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb
Kookie, Kookie?
If you ever cut out, you might be a stray cat
'Cause when I'm flyin' solo, nowhere's we're on that!
Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb
Kookie, Kookie?
What's with this comb caper, baby?
Why do you wanna latch up with my comb?
I just want you to stop combing your hair and kiss me
You're the maximum utmost
Well, I'm beat and I'm dreams goin', I'm movin' right now
'Cause that's the kind of scene that I dig
Baby, you're the ginchiest!