During the Obama years, when something like this would go on TV, I would feel the depression of overwhelming cognitive dissonance because this crap would be sanctimoniously parroted for at least 2 weeks by the fake news media with glowing beaming pundits and no mainstream pushback.

Now, it is laughed at except by the fringe.

It's an emotional relief to know that now the malicious "words replacing reality" folks are marginalized.

But I don't forget what I felt before. This crap is out there and waiting and scheming to get power again.

Michael

On 2/4/2019 at 5:41 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Well, it looks like the machine has started grinding on fulfilling my wish:

Nick Sandmann's Lawyer Sends Letters To These 54 Entities For Potential Lawsuits

Funny how the media blackout on this didn't work to make it go away.

Lookee here:

Washington Post Walks Back Smears of Covington Boys After $250M Lawsuit

It's 5 or 6 weeks later, but it finally happened.

Why am I thinking this was done because WaPo's lawyers had a shit fit and not because the WaPo brass wanted to?

:) 

These idiots are going to find out the true cost of "controlling the narrative" in collusion with each other to sow the seeds of racism.

These arrogant fools thought they could bully minors with a fake story and get away with it just because the minors were of a color and religion they despise.

A quarter of a billion dollars is a nice start.

Michael

On 2/21/2019 at 6:10 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Jussie did what Kamala Harris, Booker, Obama, Pelosi, etc, ordered him to do.

Jon,

And here's what it looks like when one accepts that kind of task from those kind of people, but fuck up as bad as Smollett did:

Jussie Smollett is facing up to 48 YEARS behind bars after being hit with 16 felony count indictment

I doubt any of those folks will have much to say in public anymore about Smollett. But in private, I bet they are telling their people to fry his ass. And let the people he pissed off, but do not run with their kind, do their will with him. In fact, I bet they encourage it backstage. After all, an example needs to be made...

Michael

It's still ridiculously easy to manipulate Facebook with anger.

On March 7, Facebook announced a discovery. It had found 137 different accounts, Pages and Groups across Facebook and Instagram doing what it calls “coordinated inauthentic behaviour”.

In other words: they were impostors, misleading people about their identity and agenda. A deception had been unmasked, and the 180,000 accounts who followed at least one of the members of this network could breathe a little easier.

In one sense, this announcement was a watershed moment. It was the first finding of such a network dedicated to targeting the UK. But in another, the only surprise was that it had taken this long to find. Similar networks doing similar forms of manipulation have been found in country after country, platform after platform around the world.

Most visible have been the networks found to be active in the United States during the 2016 election – but Oxford researchers have pointed to similar activity happening now in 48 countries around the world. We now know that it’s come to British shores too.

Examples released by Facebook show a network that sometimes masqueraded as individuals, sometimes as groups. Some of the content is similar to those Facebook uncovered in the US: alt-right, nationalist, angry, often hateful of minorities. There’s “Politicised”, a group with a big Union Jack sharing content about how gay Christians are bullied by other members of the LGBT community. Another is straight out of the alt-right handbook: “Being A leftist is easy!” it says, “if anyone disagrees with you, call them a racist!”.

Then it gets slightly weirder. The network’s puppeteers “operated fake accounts to engage in hate speech”, Facebook said. But one account was calling for the leader of UKIP to be charged with hate speech. Another fake group was called “Anti Far Right Extremists”. Another, “Halal Speech”. The network was coordinated, but coordinated to share information which was completely contradictory.

What this isn’t, really, fully, is what it’s been described by the BBCand other media outlets as: “fake news”. Some of content the network was pushing looks like news and some of it is certainly fake. But focusing on that completely misses the point of what was going on. The purpose of this network, why it existed, wasn’t to try to convince you and the rest of the UK of something you didn’t believe beforehand. The point wasn’t to replace one belief with another. Lying wasn’t the full picture. No, it was cleverer than that.

[...]

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

I find this kind of article frustrating. I know where to buy spam bots that can be used by one person only to create tens of thousands (if not more) of fake Facebook accounts in one afternoon--all of which will act in a coordinated manner. People do this all the time. And if that bot source goes down, I know where others hang out.

Then I read about these Sherlock Holmes geniuses who discovered 137 whole fake Facebook accounts--nay, Facebook and, don't forget, Instagram--that are damaging the world.

For God's sake...

This is news?

Really?

This is climate change "the world is perishing from cow farts" level stuff, and only one cow farting at that.

Michael

On 2/24/2019 at 2:36 PM, Jon Letendre said:

Then there was the time Barry Soetoro was talking about his Michelle at a ceremony. Several times he says “Michael” instead of “Michelle.” He said , clear as day, “my Michael ...” Can’t find that video now, seems to be scrubbed from the net.

Barry Soetoro Obama was a Fake President, down to every last little detail. Fake.

The brother of the illegitimate ex–President wants you to know he has his doubts ...

The Russian Federation is ready to act against purveyors of Fake News. 

Putin Signs 'Fake News' Legislation

11 hours ago, william.scherk said:

The Russian Federation is ready to act against purveyors of Fake News. 

William,

The opposite of fake news is not censorship.

Not when Russia does it. Not when the social justice warriors do it.

The opposite of fake news is truth, which can only be gotten consistently with freedom of speech.

Fake news can only exist among authoritarians, so Putin is merely going to replace one form of fake news with another. But it's all shit.

Michael

From Mediagazer, a couple of items of note regarding the "new" Fox and the Disney. Click and go image, if you're interested.

2019-03-19%2015_53_34-Mediagazer.png

Maddow is not welcome anywhere. She is deranged and even the left must see that.

In the mean time, who did collude? The left. Who did conspire? The FBI upper echelon. Who wasted a billion dollars of taxpayer money? That's too easy. There must be repercussions for this farce. Rejoice now my compatriots, but pay back must come or the earth will never be in balance again.  

7 hours ago, Peter said:

Maddow is not welcome anywhere. She is deranged and even the left must see that.

Peter,

I see it a bit differently.

I think she is welcome wherever an establishment leftie is. (Not the fringe, instead the Hillary Clinton-like folks.)

A couple of years ago, before Maddow went out on her muh Russias frenzy, I imagine there was a backroom meeting and it went as follows:

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: We need to do something about ratings. MSNBC is tanking just like CNN.

MADDOW: You think I like it? I'm out on the front lines.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: You ever think about Alex Jones?

MADDOW: Alex Jones? Are you crazy? That guy is a conspiracy nut.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: Well, Alex Jones has ratings through the roof. Maybe you can take his ratings, except with anti-Trump stuff.

MADDOW: Not on your life. I don't want anywhere near Ale... er... What did you say about ratings? 

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: You can get his ratings.

MADDOW: How? Won't you have to take him out first?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: You leave that part to us.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: You just need to go all in on a big fat conspiracy like he does. Something outlandish. One that will get the public talking.

MADDOW: You mean like the Russian thing?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: Wow, Rachel! You're the bomb!

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: That's a hell of a great idea. There's a reason you're our Number One.

MADDOW: But that Russian dossier is garbage. 

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: Come on, doll. 

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: With your talent...

MADDOW: You want me to sell that shit to my public?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: Do that and we'll take out Alex Jones. We have our ways. And we'll put the entire machine behind you.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: Then you'll get Alex Jones's ratings...

MADDOW (slowly looking starry-eyed): You really think that'll work?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1 and 2 (great enthusiasm): Yup!

MADDOW: Done. I'll do it. Ratings, here I come...

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: The thing I like about you, Rachel, is that you always think for yourself. And you have such great ideas. That's why you're our Number One...

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Why is Maddow going to prison? For corrupting "reason" or for overblown emotionalism?  

Yeah, dumbass, for emotionalism.

Co–conspirators are guilty of every crime the conspiracy commits. For example, if your role is to arrive in the getaway car and all you do is drive that car, you are going away for a long time for bank robbery. If one of your co–conspirators shoots a teller, even though that was against the plan, you are going away for murder. If one of your co–conspirators murders someone years later, in order to keep the robbery hidden, then you can be put away for that murder, as well. Maddow can and will be put away for any number of acts of sedition and other high crimes committed by her and her Mockingbird handlers.

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

I see it a bit differently.

I think she is welcome wherever an establishment leftie is. (Not the fringe, instead the Hillary Clinton-like folks.)

A couple of years ago, before Maddow went out on her muh Russias frenzy, I imagine there was a backroom meeting and it went as follows:

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: We need to do something about ratings. MSNBC is tanking just like CNN.

MADDOW: You think I like it? I'm out on the front lines.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: You ever think about Alex Jones?

MADDOW: Alex Jones? Are you crazy? That guy is a conspiracy nut.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: Well, Alex Jones has ratings through the roof. Maybe you can take his ratings, except with anti-Trump stuff.

MADDOW: Not on your life. I don't want anywhere near Ale... er... What did you say about ratings? 

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: You can get his ratings.

MADDOW: How? Won't you have to take him out first?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: You leave that part to us.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: You just need to go all in on a big fat conspiracy like he does. Something outlandish. One that will get the public talking.

MADDOW: You mean like the Russian thing?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: Wow, Rachel! You're the bomb!

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: That's a hell of a great idea. There's a reason you're our Number One.

MADDOW: But that Russian dossier is garbage. 

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: Come on, doll. 

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: With your talent...

MADDOW: You want me to sell that shit to my public?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: Do that and we'll take out Alex Jones. We have our ways. And we'll put the entire machine behind you.

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 2: Then you'll get Alex Jones's ratings...

MADDOW (slowly looking starry-eyed): You really think that'll work?

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1 and 2 (great enthusiasm): Yup!

MADDOW: Done. I'll do it. Ratings, here I come...

FAT GUY WITH CIGAR 1: The thing I like about you, Rachel, is that you always think for yourself. And you have such great ideas. That's why you're our Number One...

Michael

Wow. Cynical or very close to what happened? I WOULD guess the conversation lasted over several weeks. But she had an epiphany and blazed forth in all her glory.   

18 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Yeah, dumbass, for emotionalism.

Co–conspirators are guilty of every crime the conspiracy commits. For example, if your role is to arrive in the getaway car and all you do is drive that car, you are going away for a long time for bank robbery. If one of your co–conspirators shoots a teller, even though that was against the plan, you are going away for murder. If one of your co–conspirators murders someone years later, in order to keep the robbery hidden, then you can be put away for that murder, as well. Maddow can and will be put away for any number of acts of sedition and other high crimes committed by her and her Mockingbird handlers.

Beevis: Sedition? And who are you calling a dumbass, dumbass?

Butthead: You, you dumbass. And don't forget those high crimes.

Beevis: What high crimes? Looking at the Mutterhorn? 

Butthead: You just committed a crime because that is not how you spell . . .  er, er, that mountain.

Scott Adams recommended this article by Matt Taibbi as a way to celebrate no indictments coming from the Mueller report.

He said it is delicious.

It actually is delicious:

It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD
The Iraq war faceplant damaged the reputation of the press. Russiagate just destroyed it

As Scott said, it's a long article, but it details just how bad the press has been, item by item, may of which people have forgotten about.

Just so you know in case you didn't, Matt Taibbi is a flaming leftie, works for Rolling Stone magazine, and hates President Trump so much he wrote an entire book on him: Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus.

Here's just one quote from his article, but there are many like it.

Nothing Trump is accused of from now on by the press will be believed by huge chunks of the population, a group that (perhaps thanks to this story) is now larger than his original base.

And he blames it all on the fake news media (although he didn't use that term).

The big news for the fake news media, in addition to the Russiagate crash and burn and the Mueller report, is: Taibbi has jumped ship.

Why?

I think it's because he wants to save his own reputation as a journalist.

I predict other rats will soon follow.

Michael

Just Jussie escaping justice ...