Trump humor

This has been seen here before, but what the heck.  It's fun.

From WaPo:  "This Mystical Chinese monkey has figured out who will win the U.S. election"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/05/this-mystical-chinese-monkey-has-figured-out-who-will-win-the-u-s-election/

AFP_HQ54J.jpg&w=1484

With U.S. polls yo-yoing and conspiracy theories swirling on both sides of the political spectrum, some of the smartest people in politics are at a loss in predicting the outcome of Tuesday’s presidential election.

So, since people can’t seem to predict the most epic election in U.S. history, why not let animals give it a shot?

Thankfully, the Shiyanhu Ecological Tourism Park in China’s Hunan province had the same idea, and decided to roll out their not-so-secret weapon for unmasking the future: a Chinese monkey described as the “king of prophets,” according to Agence France-Presse.

His name is Geda, and local legend has pegged him as a mystical monkey with prophetic insight — one with an impressive record of correctly predicting the winners of European soccer matches.

This time, Geda was asked to predict the winner of the U.S. presidential election and — unlike many a highly-paid pollster — he did exactly that, AFP reported, and with absolute conviction, going as far as planting a smooch on the winner’s face.  [...]"

Er ...

Edited by william.scherk

Spoiler

William,

You know that's Photoshopped, right? (In addition to a couple of sloppy white runners on Trump's outline, the lighting on his face is different than the lighting on the other two. Initial resolution looks different, also. And now that I look at it, the shadow from his head is cast in the wrong direction from the light source. :) )

But it's cute.

:)

Michael

It is never as funny when you have to explain a joke. Photoshop experts notwithstanding.

Like father, like son?  Eric Trump with  his wife at the polls. 

CwwlvOVUAAA12as.jpg

-- for those not expert in detection of  Photoshop magic, here is a quick and free online program that can help detect image 'rigging' ... it and other more professional tools were crucial in determining that  Russian officials doctored a number of images to suggest it wasn't the rebel side that shot down the M370 flight over eastern Ukraine ...

References on request.

Let's see if these folks have the same kind of relationship with their word that some of the former Republican candidates do:

I don't expect much from this crowd. But they're cute...

Michael

On 11/7/2016 at 1:40 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Newsweek is shipping, boxed and ready to go since Nov. 5:

11.07.2016-12.38.png

(This is the humor thread.)

Read more here.

Michael

This is  "Dewey Beats Truman"  all over  again...

38 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Let's see if these folks have the same kind of relationship with their word that some of the former Republican candidates do:

I don't expect much from this crowd. But they're cute...

Michael

I hope the door does not hit them  on t heir way out...

Good God!

The attack of the Monster Breakfast?

Really?

Gimmee a break!

I've actually defended Van Jones once in awhile, but here he's made himself an object of derision by playing a Soap Opera drama queen.

How about this?

The race card that helped get him to where he's at is not going to work anymore--just look at how he's trying to keep it relevant for Trump's victory, even as he knows (and practically says) that's BS.

He's shedding crocodile tears over the loss of his weapon, not over any tragic victims. He knows damn well that people--all people--are going to flourish under Trump.

Well... maybe not the ruling class parasites like he wants to be...

I feel ya' Van, but har-dee-har-har...

Michael