Donald Trump

23 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Trump habitually hires the best talent and I expect him to continue to do so. If elected I expect that talent to describe, refine and generally characterize his presidency. The President is like a stagecoach driver with his horses doing most of the real work. He can't make his horses turn in Pegasuses, he can only let then run--do their horse thing.

--Brant

After which he says  "You're fired!"

I haven't seen this completely yet, but it appears to be the whole 2008 documentary by Citizens United (Hillary, The Movie) that prompted the Supreme Court ruling that corporations could fund political campaign materials.

The story in Wikipedia:

Hillary: The Movie

For those who want the short version, Citizens United (a conservative advocacy group) made this anti-Hillary documentary and wanted to show it on cable TV as video on demand right before the Democratic 2008 primaries. The Hillary people tried to block it from being shown because it looked like a long political ad--in euphemistic legaleze of the time, "electioneering communication." McCain and Feingold had helped make a law restricting "electioneering communication," the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act and that was used as grounds to block the film. The Supreme Court said the First Amendment guaranteed the film could be shown during the election process, and what's more, the spending limits placed on corporations in the  Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act were unconstitutional.

Boom. Super PACs suddenly came into their own and Democrats went nuts.

This 2008 film is pertinent right now to the Trump election. First, it presents an overview of Hillary Clinton's history of corruption and challenged relationship with integrity from the beginning up to 2008, so it's good to brush up on on that stuff. But more importantly, Donald Trump just hired David Bossie as his deputy campaign manager. Bossie was head of Citizens United including during the Supreme Court decision. I'm not sure if he still is, but he might be. 

Michael

From today’s Washington Examiner: President Obama is a "son of a bitch," Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte said Monday. Duterte said he would swear at Obama at a scheduled meeting if the president raises the issue extrajudicial killings of drug suspects in the Philippines. end quote

Gee, Rodrigo, are you trying to sound like our beloved Donald Trump?

Michael wrote: Yesterday morning Roger Stone said Assange and WikiLeaks has ALL of the emails deleted by Hillary Clinton. All of them. Let's see what comes out. Drip... drip... drip... end quote

Seeing is believing. It would be nice if there is something in them that will actually lower her vote count or get her indicted.  Maybe she will repeat her claim that blacks are “super predators” or say something about the weak, lying women who continue to come out and say bad things about her Bill.

Peter

And from The UPI National Enquirer: Colin Kaepernick has decided he will be traded to the “Havana Africanus” football team (which is Latin for “Free from cold and horror”,) but he will continue to visit our shores to participate in an anti-discrimination society he has founded. The “Africanus” would be considered minor league in the states, but Raul and Fidel have offered a long term contact “consistent with Colin’s abilities.”

Kaepernick is quoted as saying, “I love the black people of the San Francisco Bay Area but I am sick and tired of “whitey” and their awful goose honking voices and ugly kids. And I denounce police brutality against black folks who are just taking back what is owed to them from past slavery and second class citizenship. When the noble black race expropriates property from the lily white they are wrongfully imprisoned in white penitentiaries, and guarded by our white oppressors. I choose to never allow my white oppressors to touch or tackle me on the field again. It just grosses me out. I have given my organization a name that will help to generate the donations we feel are ours by right. I am calling my society The Clue Clucks Clan and our mascot will be a beautiful, ebony rooster.”  

This is the real story.  In Defense of Kaepernick’s Castro Caper by Humberto Fontova , Posted: Sep 03, 2016 12:01 AM: “I’m going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. There is police brutality. People of color have been targeted by police…There’s people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable.” (Colin Kaepernick)

While proclaiming the sentiments above Colin Kaepernick wore a T-shirt showing Fidel Castro.  If Kaepernick were starring in a Monty Python or SNL skit we’d get it. If he was starring in a Twilight Zone or Alice in Wonderland remake we’d understand. But the shirt did not seem to denote any sentiments satiric or surreal. Instead, while denouncing oppression, Kaepernick chose to idolize a Stalinist dictator who jailed and tortured political prisoners at a higher rate than Stalin himself during the Great Terror.  While denouncing “police murders” Kaepernick idolized a Stalinist dictator whose KGB-trained police and death squads murdered more Cubans in his first three years in power than Hitler murdered Germans during his first six. 

While denouncing “injustices against people of color” Kaepernick idolized the jailer and torturer of the longest suffering black political prisoners in the modern history of the Western hemisphere. Many of these black Cubans suffered longer and more horrible incarceration in Castro’s KGB-designed dungeons than Nelson Mandela spent in South Africa’s (relatively) comfortable prisons, which were open to inspection by the Red Cross. Castro has never allowed a Red Cross delegation anywhere near his real prisons.

N**ger!” taunted my jailers between tortures,” recalled the late Cuban political prisoner Eusebio Peñalver to this writer. “We pulled you down from the trees and cut off your tail!” laughed my torturers.  For months I was naked in a 6 x 4 foot cell. That’s four feet high, so you couldn’t stand. But I felt a great freedom inside myself. I refused to commit spiritual suicide.” end quote 

From the looks of the emails I am getting from the presumptive President Elect, Donald Trump, he seems to be “on message.” One reads, “Time to focus on Hillary,” and the other says, “We now have two opponents.” I thought he was talking about Gary Johnson but he is not and I will show some of that message below.

Two months to go and is it three debates away from election day? A lot can happen. I am not a big fan of Mr. Trump but as a potentially decent President I might place him ahead of DDE, Dole, George The First, and John McCain. And I could tie him with W and Mitt (seriously, Mitt TOLD us what he would do in office and Mormons don't lie!) but behind Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater.

Peter

I got this from The Donald which I will edit for brevity. Help me fight back against the dishonest and totally biased media. |

Friend, We’re not just fighting against Hillary Clinton… We are running against the very dishonest and totally biased media! It’s time to hold the media accountable for trying to rig this election against us . . . . All too often I’m asked about a “poll” put out by a liberal organization that says the American people disagree with our common-sense reforms to fix our country. Well, Friend, with your help today, the next time I’m being interviewed, I will have my own poll that shows that the American people disagree with the dishonest media! Since Day ONE, the media has written off this campaign. They said we were doomed. But together, you and I proved the pundits wrong and ended up getting more votes than ANY Republican candidate in the history of our Party. And you know what? Every time I see one more biased report from the dishonest media, I’m reminded that we’re on the RIGHT side of this fight. Hillary Clinton STILL can’t admit that she lied about sending classified top-secret emails and that she deleted 3O,OOO to cover her tracks.

Can you imagine if I set up a secret server, stored top secret information on it, jeopardized our national security, deleted 3O,OOO records, LIED about it, and then used the defense that my brain “short-circuited”? The media would single-handedly destroy our campaign! I’ve always known that the media was out to get Republicans. But this campaign has opened my eyes to how truly biased and dishonest they are. We cannot let the media get away with it. We MUST fight back.
Thank you, Donald J. Trump

1 hour ago, Peter said:

And from The UPI National Enquirer: Colin Kaepernick has decided he will be traded to the “Havana Africanus” football team (which is Latin for “Free from cold and horror”,) but he will continue to visit our shores to participate in an anti-discrimination society he has founded. The “Africanus” would be considered minor league in the states, but Raul and Fidel have offered a long term contact “consistent with Colin’s abilities.”

Kaepernick is quoted as saying, “I love the black people of the San Francisco Bay Area but I am sick and tired of “whitey” and their awful goose honking voices and ugly kids. And I denounce police brutality against black folks who are just taking back what is owed to them from past slavery and second class citizenship. When the noble black race expropriates property from the lily white they are wrongfully imprisoned in white penitentiaries, and guarded by our white oppressors. I choose to never allow my white oppressors to touch or tackle me on the field again. It just grosses me out. I have given my organization a name that will help to generate the donations we feel are ours by right. I am calling my society The Clue Clucks Clan and our mascot will be a beautiful, ebony rooster.”  

This is the real story.

Peter,

Do you have a link? This looks like one of those fake news stories.

Michael

From "The Treasure of the Sierra Madres: "A link? A link? I don't got to show you no stinkin' link, Humphrey." Gringo, are you are spoofing the spoofer?

And I thought the The UPI National Enquirer link was silly enough to suffice. Now, the story from Havana Cooba was real though it could have also been made up, but it was presented as a 'real' story. I mean what idiot who has made millions be supportive of the racist communist totalitarian regime of Cuba? It makes no sense. 

This message brought to you by "A Place For Mom." Tired of those old people? Want to get rid of Mom, Dad, and Auntie Grace? Send them to our nearest local lockup where they will be treated according to their level of dementia, from almost human with indoor plumbing and a group HD TV in the rec room, to "It's sad but it's time to go . . . "  

Hello. I’m Jimmy Fallon imitating Donald Trump. Kind of slow today, so I‘m looking for funny punchlines for tonight’s show which is on NBC at 11:35, like “Who is a Lady’s beau?” You might have been thinking of some French word, like homme or garcon, but my punchline is “Tramp.” Get it? The Disney, dog movie? Idiots. Now you have to make some up.

Can you imagine the first meeting I have with Obama when I am elected President? He will be in awe when he meets me. But what will the press headline be?

Thanks to the Bee Gees we know what a jive talker is, so what is a chive talker?

And in the same vein what kind of newspaper is a garlic press?

What do you call a small shrimp?

Mark Twain said, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." What is the forth kind?

That’s all for now. Vote for me or don’t vote for Hillary. And oh yeah, if Obama pardons Hillary before he leaves office, I will re-indict her sorry ass.

Donald Trump

Notes. Mark Twain on “pardons:” I have had no experience in making laws or amending them, but still I cannot understand why, when it takes twelve men to inflict the death penalty upon a person, it should take any less than twelve more to undo their work. If I were a legislature, & had just been elected & had not had time to sell out, I would put the pardoning & commuting power into the hands of twelve able men instead of dumping so huge a burden upon the shoulders of one poor petition-persecuted individual. - Letter to Whitelaw Reid, March 7, 1873 

Woo hoo!

Mark Levin just came out for Trump:

Levin: I'm voting for Trump ... here's why

He's as grouchy as he can be about it, but he's doing it.

:)

btw - I used to say Trump surrounded himself with people like Levin. But that was before Levin changed. In the audio in the link above, he confirms this. Levin comes out and says he and Trump used to call each other.

(He then did a double-take and said it was only a couple of times. The way he said it, he sounded like he was covering his patooty with his audience of #NeverTrump Cruz fans more than giving an exact number. :) )

Michael

As to Glenn Beck, he just riled up Milo Yiannopoulos on Breitbart (if riled is the right word :) ): 

Here’s The Real Reason Glenn Beck Just Called Me a 13-Year-Old

I'm posting this in the Trump thread because Milo also deals with Beck's anti-Trumperism.

But Milo said something that I found extremely insightful. As y'all know, I used to be a big Glenn Beck fan. But as he started turning and I started losing my enchantment with him, something kept gnawing at the edge of my mind in addition to his one-man Holy Crusade against The Donald. I said he was becoming a martyred prophet in his mind. But it was even more than that. I just couldn't find the words. Milo put his finger right in the middle of it.

Concealed behind a mask of opportunistic Christian rhetoric (which never fools real Christian conservatives), Beck is every inch the social justice warrior.

When I read that, I thought, Dayaamm! You know, that's it. Glenn Beck has turned into a SJW. He wants to control the speech of others... He wants a safe space. One where he can be prophet, but still a safe space.

No wonder he hates Trump.

Michael

This message brought to you by the makers of bamboo sheets. They keep you warm in winter, and cool in summer due to their inherent thermal regulating properties. NO pandas were injured in the production of this commercial.   

Michael wrote: . . . . Glenn Beck has turned into a SJW. He wants to control the speech of others... He wants a safe space. One where he can be prophet, but still a safe space.  No wonder he hates Trump. end quote

Well, he does claim to be a “Latter Day Saint,” like Mother Teresa. When I listen to Benn Gleck I feel nauseous, stop paying attention, and then I go zzzzzzz and nod off. I don’t like him anymore, so much so that I wouldn’t say hello to him or any of his sister wives if we lived on the same Mormon commune. He is a disgrace to Brigham Young and all the seagulls in Utah.

Mark Levin is OK until he starts foaming at the mouth.

From The Washington Examiner: Donald Trump will no longer block certain reporters and news outlets from covering his campaign events, ending a year-long media blacklist that began early in his presidential bid. Trump campaign officials told CNN on Wednesday that outlets like the Washington Post, Buzzfeed, Politico and the Daily Beast will have their access to rallies and other major campaign events reinstated beginning this week. end quote

That is just so noble and magnanimous, D.J. Trump. How does “DJ, DJ, DJ,” sound as a rally chant? Over 80 retired Admirals and Generals endorse Trump in a letter. Polls show DJ’s popular vote two points over Old Hickory Clinton. Yet we still have the same shoot from the hip, shake the bastards up cowboy, we all love.

In my inbox I received this heartfelt personal note, skillfully crafted to make me think it was just for me, from President Donald Trump. Thanks, DJ! I took the pledge buttons out and condensed it for brevity.

Peter

Peter, I am with you. I will fight for you. And I will win for you. This is my solemn pledge. But I can’t do it alone. I am humbly asking for your vote so I can be your champion in the White House. Please officially pledge your support to vote for me and Mike Pence this November. As we enter the final two months of this election, we need the pledged commitment of EVERY single one of our supporters.

Peter, you are the rock of this campaign. Without you, we never would’ve won the primary. And without you, we will not win again in November.
Which is why I’m turning to you first. Unless we have the pledged commitment from our strongest supporters, we will not win over the hearts and minds of independent and undecided voters. And just like we brought so many new Republican voters into our Party, we will do the same in the general election. Believe me, it will happen.

I will fight to ensure that every American is treated equally, protected equally, and honored equally. We will reject bigotry and hatred and oppression in all of its forms, and seek a new future of security, prosperity, and opportunity. Our message is the winning message. Our platform is America’s platform. Thank you and God bless you,
Donald J. Trump

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Woo hoo!

Mark Levin just came out for Trump:

Levin: I'm voting for Trump ... here's why

He's as grouchy as he can be about it, but he's doing it.

btw - I used to say Trump surrounded himself with people like Levin. But that was before Levin changed. In the audio in the link above, he confirms this. Levin comes out and says he and Trump used to call each other.

(He then did a double-take and said it was only a couple of times. The way he said it, he sounded like he was covering his patooty with his audience of #NeverTrump Cruz fans more than giving an exact number. :) )

Michael

Haven't seen Levin on Hannity for quite some time. Was there a falling out? Michelle Malkin too.   -J

5 hours ago, Backlighting said:

Haven't seen Levin on Hannity for quite some time. Was there a falling out? Michelle Malkin too.

Joe,

When both Levin and Malkin worked at bashing Trump, they themselves got pissed at Hannity for supporting Trump. But the irritation probably went both ways.

I predict it will end up in pizza (as they say in Brazil). Underneath, they all love each other.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Joe,

When both Levin and Malkin worked at bashing Trump, they themselves got pissed at Hannity for supporting Trump. But the irritation probably went both ways.

I predict it will end up in pizza (as they say in Brazil). Underneath, they all love each other.

Michael

Michael, now that Levin has stated he will vote for Trump perhaps a lovefest will be forthcoming. He has a lot of listeners so anything positive he can say about Trump can go a long way. Malkin, however, has nothing on her site (as of today) supporting Trump...just a lot of anti-Hillary articles. In all of the presidential campaigns I've witnessed I have to say this is the most stressful for me. -J

P.S. Have you heard from Adam? I hope he is well.

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For those who are interested:

I support Trump so my opinion is suspect about who won.

But I tried to put myself in a totally neutral frame of mind.

My verdict?

Trump wiped the floor with her.

Michael

Taking your word for it.

Do Americans want to elect floor wipers to be President?

--Brant

I've tried all day to find a replacement for that video, but NBC has an army of people scrubbing it from the Internet just as soon as one gets posted.

Why are they doing that? Easy. Trump kicked Clinton's ass and the NBC brass openly admits it (not in those words, of course :) ).

They wanted the "Commander-in-Chief Forum" to be a win for Clinton so they can't possibly leave proof of the contrary up when it was that obvious. I guarantee you that if Clinton had come out on top, even if it were in the realm of the debatable, not only would they have left the video up on YouTube, they would have had sockpuppets reposting it all over the Internet.

But now they have this on record and all they can do is damage control. Unfortunately for them, it's too little too late.

Here's the admission from CNN Money:

Behind the scenes, NBC execs concede Matt Lauer forum performance was "disaster"

Michael

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Neither segment is worth watching.

Mark,

Thank you for the videos.

My video was also from the NBC News YouTube channel and, once down, I didn't think to check it again since nothing was coming up in the search results for that channel during the times I looked. During this time frame, you will still be hard pressed to find any other version online because I saw about 10 different ones in the search results at different times during the day, then when I clicked on them, they were removed by the copyright owner.

btw - I think Trump's line about Obama reducing the generals to rubble was great, considering the live audience was all military. It's worth watching just to see that.

Also, I was very attuned to the kind of language Trump used. He came out with some military-sounding language that he normally doesn't use. I would have to watch it again to give the examples. One off the top of my head is on the tip of my tongue (to abuse a cliché stack :) ). It means straighten up or something like that and I think he was referring to the rape in the military problem. (What is that friggin' word? Drat... ) Anyway, seek and ye shall find. It's there and there's more to be found.

This is the first time I ever noticed Trump slanting his actual form of expression. I've seen him slant his message, but I've only noticed him changing his actual word choice for covert impact on a specific matter (or person), not to make himself appear more like the audience. The covert message to the military folks is that he speaks their language and will run a tight ship as president, but one they will be proud of--that he gets them.

Michael

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, Brant Gaede said:

Not literally enough true, fortunately. Presidents might be spontaneous with the mouth--clarifications to follow--not with policies. Nobody is going to let Trump actually shoot from the hip. He will not act contrary to his NSC, something I think Obama does. Obama doesn't have Trump's shoot from the hip psychology, but he damages the security of this country. I don't think Trump will.

Trump habitually hires the best talent and I expect him to continue to do so. If elected I expect that talent to describe, refine and generally characterize his presidency. The President is like a stagecoach driver with his horses doing most of the real work. He can't make his horses turn in Pegasuses, he can only let then run--do their horse thing.

--Brant

I think one basic difference between Obama and Trump is that Trump loves America and hates radical Islam... while Obama hates America and loves radical Islam. The other basic difference is Obama has never worked to produce anything useful... and Trump has.

Greg