Allow me to be generous.

Derek. We like you.

--Caesar

...and to Brant :)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-on-the-right/062315-758650-government-programs-part-of-americas-racial-consciousness.htm

"Liberal policies have forced ongoing and increased racial consciousness and division in the country. By taking government where it does not belong, trying to solve a moral problem it cannot solve, they have made the problem worse and sharpened, rather than eased, racial tensions."

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

No Symbol Sign >>> not-allowed-symbol-sign-smiley-emoticon. This Way >>> church-smiley-emoticon.png ARI

pope-smiley-emoticon.gif<<<<Pitiful Pope Piekoff Shall Narrow The Way...

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

smoking.gifI left my filozofee to this!

Love it...any club in Jamaica, Brooklyn, Bronx and Manhattan ... plenty of booty and ecstasy, or the designer drug of choice...

whNOT wrote:

True, discussion should be open: stigma and prejudice fester when left unvoiced. end quote

Ayn Rand described evasion, in part, as: the willful suspension of ones consciousness, the refusal to think -- not blindness, but the refusal to see; not ignorance, but the refusal to know. It is the act of unfocusing your mind and inducing an inner fog to escape the responsibility of judgment -- on the unstated premise that a thing will not exist if only you refuse to identify it... Non-thinking is an act of annihilation, a wish to negate existence, an attempt to wipe out reality . . . . end quote

I agree with both of them.

Kyrel Zantonavitch wrote and I edited for brevity:

Two elephants in the room here are the way blacks notably degrade the quality of life of almost every white society they come to, and the considerable level of racism and bigotry currently practiced by them. The mass-murderer's manifesto wrestled with these two verboten issues. end quote

I just returned from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We traveled through Lancaster, slept in Paradise, and saw a musical (Josiah For President and it was surprisingly good, written by a lady and former staff writer for Bob Hope) in the small town of Bird In Hand. The Amish live there and are very noticeable when you get onto side streets from the Lincoln Highway. How many horse and buggies did we see at one time, some driven by children? Six was the record. Horse manure litters the sides of the roads and it smells like manure. There were Amish doing building repairs, gardening, and selling Shoo Fly pies. Many Amish live next door to non Amish but the Amish dont have electrical wires going to their houses though in a few cases they did, but probably did not use the electricity. So all of them DO NOT live on farms. We went to a Red Lobster and an Amish family of two brothers, their wives, and numerous children came in as we were waiting for a table. They rushed over to the lobster tank, speaking perfect English, then they would switch to another language (was it Dutch or German?) The Amish dont speak to outsiders unless it is necessary. They dont marry outsiders. They have their own culture and avoid ours.

Ooops. Forgive me. I forgot to evade. I saw no difference between them and us English.

Peter...can you possibly state in one sentence what you meant by post # 111 because it is not clear to me.

waving-smiley-emoticon.gif Hello Kyrel...

Evasion. Continuing on with one more thought in this thread about an evil, mass murderer.

Kyrel Zantonavitch wrote about *evasion* and I edited for brevity:
. . . . Sadly, Rand herself practiced it on almost all these related issues. Her zombie followers do likewise . . . One result of good people falling silent on pivotal questions of controversy is that they allow bad people to sweep the field. When that massacre-perpetrator went looking for answers to his legitimate questions seemingly all he could find were comments from various white racist groups and cult organizations. They almost certainly didn't have a good impact upon an already disturbed mind and personality. And look at the result. end quote

Sure, this may not be the forum to discuss racial or cultural differences, yet Michael mentioned his love for a person of a different race, and I have readily admitted that when I was younger, living in Hawaii, Japan, and Korea I dated oriental women.

So, it is good to show your tolerant bona fides, but seriously? How would Ayn Rand write about degenerate rap music, the epidemic of accepted, laissez-faire crime (it creates jobs in poor communities!), and the totalitarian thug politics and street thug attitude of some neighborhoods?

Derek's ending salutation is, "All I wanna do is BANG BANG BANG! And take your money"'

You have been warned. Still Derek sought this forum out and that speaks volumes, so I am not deliberately trying to be offensive or too personal. I will be interested if he elucidates some more about his culture . . . which is not mine. I would also be interested in any scientific, anthropological or sociological viewpoints Derek and anyone else might offer.

Evasion. Continuing on with one more thought in this thread about an evil, mass murderer.

When that massacre-perpetrator went looking for answers to his legitimate questions seemingly all he could find were comments from various white racist groups and cult organizations. They almost certainly didn't have a good impact upon an already disturbed mind and personality. And look at the result. end quote

Sure, this may not be the forum to discuss racial or cultural differences, yet Michael mentioned his love for a person of a different race, and I have readily admitted that when I was younger, living in Hawaii, Japan, and Korea I dated oriental women.

So, it is good to show your tolerant bona fides, but seriously? How would Ayn Rand write about degenerate rap music, the epidemic of accepted, laissez-faire crime (it creates jobs in poor communities!), and the totalitarian thug politics and street thug attitude of some neighborhoods?

Derek's ending salutation is, "All I wanna do is BANG BANG BANG! And take your money"'

You have been warned. Still Derek sought this forum out and that speaks volumes, so I am not deliberately trying to be offensive or too personal. I will be interested if he elucidates some more about his culture . . . which is not mine. I would also be interested in any scientific, anthropological or sociological viewpoints Derek and anyone else might offer.

What I glean from your post, is:

1) there are/were legitimate questions raised by Mr. Rudd Roof;

2) your "some of my best friends are black*" is still an operative phrase to show that you are not a racist; and

3) you are warning whom? About what?

Thanks for attempting to clarify your post.

A...

*your equating "dating" an oriental woman with being unprejudiced.

Adam asked, "you are warning whom? About what?" end quote

Stop acting stupid, Adam, and deliberately being obtuse. The juxtaposing of phrases. Mindless sex and illegally taking YOUR money. Or BANG can mean shoot, rob, murder. He doesn't say earn. He says *take* which has an entirely different connotation. It is that important to him. Many of us OLers are flippant about our icons or sayings, but HE SAYS IT AS HIS LAST THOUGHT in his salutation.

As Ricky Ricardo said, "Go Ayn Randish on us and splain that to me Lucy."

Stop acting stupid, Adam, and deliberately being obtuse. The juxtaposing of phrases. Mindless sex and illegally taking YOUR money. Or BANG can mean shoot, rob, murder. He doesn't say earn. He says *take* which has an entirely different connotation. It is that important to him. Many of us OLers are flippant about our icons or sayings, but HE SAYS IT AS HIS LAST THOUGHT in his salutation.

I never act stupid, so save your ad hominems for someone who actually gives a fuck.

Peter, I think it is quite fair to ask you to define terms, or, be clear about your warrants for your conclusions.

Therefore, you are making what conclusion about Derek from his tag line?

What do you make about Bob's?

A...

I never act stupid, so save your ad hominems for someone who actually gives a fuck.

Peter, I think it is quite fair to ask you to define terms, or, be clear about your warrants for your conclusions.

Therefore, you are making what conclusion about Derek from his tag line?

What do you make about Bob's? I ask about Bob's, unless that "oriental woman" was Jewish...

A...

you are joking right?

Probably not. I can accept the fact that you didn't know that that tag line was a hook to a popular song called Paper Planes.

But I always took the meaning of the song to be a spoof (probably no the right word) of the culture/attitude, in fact if indeed you watch the video there is no violence depicted but instead it shows legitimate businesses- food trucks, pawn shops, etc- operating in the neighborhood.

Also if you read my post here

http://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14871&hl=

then you would see that I have virtually no run-ins with the law nor do I smoke or drink or hardly even curse. I've never run with any crowd that you would need to warn about. Even if I did believe in that sort of thing (my tagline) my question still remains the one that I asked Kyrel, which is...

How is violence perpetrated by blacks any different then violence perpetrated by whites?

Would the difference be that blacks put it into their songs? (The above mentioned Paper Planes was actually sung by a Indian chick) Because whites have chanted and wrote about violence toward others for centuries.

Not that I'm a huge fan of Eric Micheal Dyson but he pointed out on a show that whites look down on a black person who shoots another because they felt that they were disrespected as a thug, but they hold in high regard Alexander Hamilton's duel with Aaron Burr even though that too was simply a respect issue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burr%E2%80%93Hamilton_duel

This, again, is the problem I have with Kyrel's above statement, and your implications in the above quote.

There is good and bad in all of us

The F word? You just acted stupid . . . again . . . so I am not talking to you.

But, OH, do I have a bone to pick with Baal. Alef, bet, gimel, dalet, he, Vav? Mem , nun, tav? How am I supposed to play a decent game of Scrabble when words like that are allowed? On Star Talk they are just predicted humans on Mars in 2030. If we are brave enough. Lets get rid of the Hebrew alphabet from the official Scrabble dictionary before then.

The first time we drill for water on Mars, will it be full of DNA or will it be sterile?

I would also be interested in any scientific, anthropological or sociological viewpoints Derek and anyone else might offer.

What would you like to know?

Derek wrote:

There is good and bad in all of us . . . . end quote

That is all you have to say about different cultures, Derek? Now if Indonesians were constantly in the news I would be talking about them but instead we have crime stories featuring a particular minority; murderous terrorists predominately from Arabic cultures murdering people - here and overseas. PREDICTIVELY, the perpetrators are Arabic or black. Why is it predictable? Because of past experiences not just in the news but statistically.

I had no clue that Bang Bang Bang had anything to do with some song and if you continue to use it as your tag there will be an unacceptable number of misunderstandings.

Tell me about downtown Baltimore. I know someone who works there and as of two weeks ago they were lamenting the burned out restaurants and coffee shops. Is it safe to walk the streets? If it is not the fault of a particular culture that is predominately black who do I blame? That individual? That individual? That individual? What if I put the facts together and say, Bingo! Their neighborhoods are dangerous -wtf. Now does that make me a racist or a good cop?

. Now does that make me a racist or a good cop?

Not necessarily.

A...

As an aside, just as a soldier in combat, the police should be able to physically handle themselves against all comers. That is why I would think twice about accepting a small person or a woman to be a beat walker.

The story is that a black police driver deliberately steered the paddy wagon from side to side causing a neck injury and that is unacceptable. Likewise, committing crimes, resisting arrest, calling a cop an MF, acting stupid, etc. is not acceptable. The full story should be shown by those dash and body cams. So. The news should show the full clip including all that came before the arrest even if it contains obscenities. Show it after 10 or 11pm with disclaimers. Let people ponder what would I do in the policeman's shoes?

The story is that ........ The full story should be shown by those dash and body cams.

Peter, whose story and where did you see, or, hear it?

Second, I have not followed this with and detail yet, however, I was not aware that the Baltimore PD wears body cams.

A...

I had no clue that Bang Bang Bang had anything to do with some song and if you continue to use it as your tag there will be an unacceptable number of misunderstandings.

"Misunderstanding" is an understatement. I took Derek's sig line at face value as being a black value by which he lived because he deemed it to be important enough to include it in every post he writes.

If I had a sig line, it should be:

"All I want to do is work work work

to earn your money." :smile:

Greg