What About Bill Cosby?

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:36 PM, Brant Gaede said:

Rape is a sub-category of sexual assault.

Legally--well, legality has its own categories and its logic flows out of its codified and interpreted suppositions.

--Brant

Flows? You say flows!? Besmirching The Fountainhead, are ye laddy?

It just got up to 87 degrees here. Wow. 

• 3 years later...

Finally.

JUST IN: Bill Cosby Released From Prison After Pennsylvania Supreme Court Overturns His Sex Assault Conviction

Bill Cosby was released from prison after his sex assault conviction was overturned by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Wednesday.

83-year-old Cosby has already served more than 2 years of his 10-year prison sentence in a state prison near Philly.

The ruling from Pennsylvania’s high court prevents a retrial in the case...

I'm not excusing Cosby's misbehavior, but what they did to him was ridiculous.

Knowing what I know about the entertainment industry, there are plenty of names just as big as Cosby's who have (and are doing) much worse.

But my real beef with Cosby's persecution by the woke culture is that it happened--not to right a wrong, but instead--to pave the way for a political agenda.

Back then we didn't know what that agenda was, but now we know: Black Lives Matter and Critical Race Theory.

Cosby was going around telling young black males to be a father to their kids, to dress decently instead of walking around with their pants half down their legs, to get educated and get a good job.

To be self-reliant.

That gave the propagandists headaches because it made their message a hard sell.

The Race-Marxists needed to take him out. So they did.

His reputation as a role model for young black makes is now shot, but at least he's finally out of jail. And, if done right, I bet his reputation can be rehabilitated.

Bill Cosby did a hell of a lot of good in the world. That's a value, a big one.

Michael

58 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

Which means he was a de facto political prisoner albeit a moral hypocrite.

--Brant

Brant,

Of course you have to look at the context.

Cosby was a defacto political prisoner in an environment (the entertainment world) where almost nobody goes to jail for politics, but he was a moral hypocrite in the Land of Moral Hypocrites regardless of who is in power.

:)

Michael

Legally, the problem with the Cosby persecution is that there were no forensics.

He said, she said.

The legal issue is not what he did, there are laws for establishing that, but what the legal system did.

Salem witch trials, that is, hanging people because someone said something, went out a while ago.

The US courts have been flirting with bringing accusation as proof back.

I think Obama started this trend by having the Federal Government encourage universities to issue "rape convictions" within the university rules based on accusations alone. From there it spread, bolstered by the MeToo movement. (I wonder where the money for that came from, I wonder.)

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Legally, the problem with the Cosby persecution is that there were no forensics.    ...

The US courts have been flirting with bringing accusation as proof back.

Michael

I don't think you can pin this one on Obama...did Alger Hiss ever produce that pumpkin in court? People got fatally burnt in that thunderstorm seventy years ago, so I've heard.

And just in the past year, accusations without forensics have been presented for argument in the Trump vote case, but rejected by courts. Now they will present forensics for legal scrutiny...and argument.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:45 PM, Peter said:

Flows? You say flows!? Besmirching The Fountainhead, are ye laddy?

It just got up to 87 degrees here. Wow. 

Poor baby!  Our William is grilling like a veritable St. Lawrence at world record 96 in BC and we have had three days of 37 to 39 with unendurable humidity, not supposed to happen here in our mini climate of Fundy ,and I think edmonton's going to change their team name to the Broilers.

we can take it, though. Ceaseless complaining helps.

Happy Canada Day to one and all. Per Ardua ad Arctic!

Carol wrote: “. . . grilling like a veritable St. Lawrence at world record 96 in BC and we have had three days of 37 to 39 with unendurable humidity . . . “

60 people are dead in the North West United States and the majority are old and people who can’t move very much. Most of them had no air conditioning or even a fan, and were dehydrated.  The news was cautioning relatives and neighbors to go check on people. What a horrible way to die; dying of heat and thirst in this day and age.

It’s a mere 92 here at 2pm with showers and thunderstorms expected, and some severe. I check on my outside cats and they have water in two large, low lying tubs originally built for cat litter. I check the tubs periodically to rescue bees that come for a drink and fall in. The cats won’t hardly eat a thing, not even Friskies in a can.

Traffic is backed up for a mile on route 54 going into Fenwick Island, DE and Ocean City, MD.  

There were 16 women who came forward saying Cosby had drugged and raped them. He had a good racket going with sound medical advise if I had to guess. "They" speculate that there were many more victims who will never come forward. Maybe some of them are married. If he had attacked women of a lower age group a "father" might have killed The Coz by now.

The village of Lytton, Canada's perennial hotspot, which set three days of back-to-back records (~118°F) this week, was  evacuated and then mostly destroyed by fire yesterday.

Provincial leadership is at the same time facing harsh criticism because of the death toll during the heat dome event. Hundreds died in their homes

It's a bitter Canada Day for a few people.

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

I don't think you can pin this one on Obama...

Carol,

That is what happened.

The colleges received an "orientation" to do that from the Federal Government. Obama's administration. The insinuation was that the institution would have trouble with its government funding if it did not follow this orientation.

Obama himself lectured America a few times about it.

The fake news media was on board gangbusters, too. But it started blowing up when Rolling Stone Magazine featured a story about some college males gang raping a female and that turned out to be a bogus accusation. It was a weird story, too, from what I remember. The lady was carrying around a mattress all the time or something...

:) 

And I think Rolling Stone got its ass sued off.

Michael

3 hours ago, Peter said:

There were 16 women who came forward saying Cosby had drugged and raped them. He had a good racket going with sound medical advise if I had to guess. "They" speculate that there were many more victims who will never come forward. Maybe some of them are married. If he had attacked women of a lower age group a "father" might have killed The Coz by now.

Peter,

They had pedophiles in the elites back then, too.

Human trafficking level.

I don't see any of those pedophiles in jail based on accusations alone.

Jeffrey Epstein himself skirted many times and finally got too sloppy and pissed off too many of the people he was blackmailing. They made sure there were plenty of forensics...

Michael

9 hours ago, william.scherk said:

t's a bitter Canada Day for a few people.

With global warming “seeming” to be a reality and with a greater seesaw affect, will that lead to “global cooling” in the winter? Probably. I don’t plan on getting a wood stove for the winter but I may get an extra blanket. The two sleeping bags I had were borrowed for real camping out, but never returned. Maybe I will get two more for a cold winter emergency. I may change my dozen or so backup gallon bottles of water to keep them fresh. I may buy a few more just for flushing a toilet if we have no water. Two gallons in a bucket, emptied quickly, will flush any toilet. Once.

12 hours ago, Peter said:
21 hours ago, william.scherk said:

[I]t's a bitter Canada Day for a few people.

With global warming “seeming” to be a reality and with a greater seesaw affect, will that lead to “global cooling” in the winter? 

I meant bitterness about the seemingly needless deaths due to the heat wave, along with a grim week of news from the unmarked graves issue, including the burning of churches. 

From my understanding, to answer your question about a seesaw to globally-colder winters than the baseline ... no. When you examine temperature records, both summer and winter excursions from the baseline trend up.

In other words, thinking globally, winters are not growing colder. If you consider "Arctic Amplification" to more fully grasp the scope of 'global winter' and 'global summer' ...

[I'll put this over in the blog thread ... since I cannot find anything to say about Rohypnol Dating.]