James Gondalphini, actor, dead at 51

BaalChatzaf

The man who played Tony Suprano in the HBO series died in Italy of a heart attack. He was 51 year old. He was a good actor and made his mark in the HBO series.

Ba'al Chatzaf

CNN, Fox, virtually all the major news services say that he (Gandolfini) died in Rome. No hoax. If it is a hoax then it has taken ALL these sources in. CNN has been interviewing his close friiends who say he died in Rome.

This here says it's a hoax.

“James Gandolfini dead 2013” : Actor killed by internet death hoax

Who knows what to believe?

I clicked on the Media Mass article linked by MSK, where it said this:

UPDATE 20/06/2013 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

That link took me to a page headered by: The Mediamass Project : Media criticism through satire

The page helpfully explains what they are doing with their site:

Our ‘People’ section

Our website is very new (launched back at the end of October 2012) and still under construction. The ‘People’ section the only active one.

The concept is to select the most typical, representative and recurrent articles across Gossip magazines and to make them available for all the celebrities in our database.

The ‘People’ section is a humorous parody of Gossip magazines, all stories are obviously not true.

Thus thousands of celebrities, Bill Gates in USA, Zhang Ziyi in China, Ranbir Kapoor in India, etc. all have a dog called “Spinee” recovering from successful surgery.

We won’t change the world, but at least we'll laugh trying.

All the celebrity feature pages have the same death-hoax story along with a story about a dog called Spinee. Definite oddbin territory.

I never liked Gandolfini's portrayal as a mob boss in the Sopranos. He was too goofy and seemed dumb. I doubt the real mob would have someone like him in that position. I would have liked Paul Sorvino instead.

I can understand how his family feels. My Dad died of a heart attack at 50. Gandolfini is fortunate in that one perk of his career is that his image will endure over time long after he's gone. Never saw Sopranos as I don't watch television, but I do watch movies and two of his best roles are in "The Mexican" and the hilariously profane "In the Loop". Both are well worth your time to watch. My wife and I have both on DVD and thoroughly enjoy watching them over and over.