Pete Postlethwaite, dead at 64

Peter Postlethwaite the British Actor, died of cancer at age 64. He was a very fine actor and I enjoyed his performances in dozens of movies.

R.I.P.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Peter Postlethwaite the British Actor, died of cancer at age 64. He was a very fine actor and I enjoyed his performances in dozens of movies.

R.I.P.

Ba'al Chatzaf

That's sad news. I enjoyed his performances as well. He played some interesting characters.

J

For example?

Phil,

Would it be asking too much of you to not use the announcement of a person's passing as an opportunity to play schoolmarm? In the future, would you mind trying to keep your personal problems under control enough so as not to be disrespectful of the dead and those who mourn their loss?

Thanks,

J

Jonathan,

Would it be asking too much of you to when someone makes a simple request for more information about a general statement to not get defensive, hostile, and launch an attack?

Hey, nutjob, don't make "simple requests" of me. You and I are not buddies. You've demonstrated repeatedly your absolute refusal to pay attention or to learn anything about topics which are important to me, while at the same time intruding on my conversations with your whole uninformed asshole schoolmarm routine. You're not my teacher, you're not my mommy, you're not Ayn Rand Jr., and you're not my friend, so don't presume to behave as if you are. Go dump your psychological issues on someone else.

J

proving my point about defensiveness and hostility....

Edited by Philip Coates

Mustn't forget Kobayashi.

13992-20468.gif

To me he looks like Patrick Stewart with hair and a darker complexion. Would have been cool to see them in a movie together playing twins, one evil the other good. Too late now.

proving my point about defensiveness and hostility....

Seriously, Phil? Did you really come to this thread thinking that I'd just forget about all of your schoolmarm asshole crap, and cheerfully chat you up about which of Postlethwaite's roles were my favorite? Are you that retarded?

J

Seriously, there are other people reading the thread.

Giving examples were not a favor to me or a conversation directed to me, but a matter of simple objectivity when you are talking about someone few have heard or, or whose best work might need to be pointed out.

Nor was it insulting for me to have originally and simply asked 'for example?' Plus it was not just you but either of two people who posted about Mr. P.

What you did is you turned my simple question into a food fight...

Edited by Philip Coates

Giving examples were not a favor to me or a conversation directed to me, but a matter of simple objectivity when you are talking about someone few have heard or, or whose best work might need to be pointed out.

Nor was it insulting for me to have originally and simply asked 'for example?' Plus it was not just you but either of two people who posted about Mr. P.

Enough, Phil. She's not worth it.

Enough, Phil. She's not worth it.

She?

Well, there it is. As I suspected, your purpose of posting on this thread was to play schoolmarm. You're not interested in Postlethwaite, but in handing out your little lessons, and grading people on how well they complete their assignments. What a fucking nutcase.

J

Edited by Jonathan

Ever hear of Google?

--Brant

Brant and Jonathan,

You two will dodge and evade anything it seems.

Bob started this thread to share the unfortunate news that an actor who had touched his life had passed. I posted to share my commiseration. The point of our posts was to recognize Postlethwaite's death, and to simply share the fact that his work brought joy to our lives.

Phil, in real life do you crash funerals of people you don't know, and when someone says of the dead, "He was such a kind man," and everyone else who knew him smiles and quietly nods in agreement, are you as big of an asshole as you are online? Do you intrude on such moments with, "For example??? It's a simple matter of objectivity to explain in which ways you thought he was kind. First, you should define "kind," and then give examples of his kindness, along with any proof or corroborating testimony that you might have."

I think you need some serious professional counseling.

J

She?

firestarter.jpg

People who attack Phil like this with dull repeated name calling are simply taking cheap shots. The attack in this thread is particularly gratuitous, and reminds me of a person I knew subject to particularly nasty PMS attacks. Phil needs to rest confident that there are those of us who appreciate him for his good contributions here and that he should simply ignore his menarchical detractors.

As for Drew Barrymore - I would love to wrestle in actual mud with the original, not in rhetorical mud with our resident female impersonator.

Thanks Ted. I appreciate that.

(Did you notice the howler from Jonathan--> In his current post, he likens asking for examples of the good work of an actor who died to callously "crashing a funeral".

Wow!!!

I hardly think anyone here was a personal relative experiencing deep grief or had his feelings trod upon by asking a simple question.

Notice the dishonest lengths to which J. will go in casting about for a damaging analogy.)

Edited by Philip Coates

I hardly think anyone here was a personal relative experiencing deep grief or had his feelings trod upon by asking a simple question.

Let's not pretend that you were "asking a simple question." You weren't really asking a question at all, but making one of your typical asshole schoolmarm demands. You have no interest whatsoever in anyone's opinions of Postlethwaite's roles. Your only reason for asking was to register your complaint that posters on this thread hadn't properly constructed their posts according to your asshole schoolmarm rules.

J

She?

firestarter.jpg

People who attack Phil like this with dull repeated name calling are simply taking cheap shots. The attack in this thread is particularly gratuitous, and reminds me of a person I knew subject to particularly nasty PMS attacks. Phil needs to rest confident that there are those of us who appreciate him for his good contributions here and that he should simply ignore his menarchical detractors.

As for Drew Barrymore - I would love to wrestle in actual mud with the original, not in rhetorical mud with our resident female impersonator.

Ted, I'm curious if you know which film my avatar is from.

J