Ouch! This had to hurt!

Morning Fox News anchor Bill Hemmer nailed Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) good and nailed down shut.

See how this dude squirms, too, after a lot of sanctimonious BS.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I know I shouldn't be too surprised or amused. After all, Cornyn is nothing but a politician and we all know what the word of a politician means (i.e., zilch). But November was just last month. It's a little too soon to start spinning the Tea Party principles into take-home bacon and gravy.

Michael

Michael:

And he is one of the "good guys." "Earlier in the year I put this is in..." is probably accurate and the "I am going to vote against this bill." statement is nice, but if he knows it is going to pass anyway, he has the BS cover that he voted against the bill.

The follow up question that should have been asked is, simply, WILL YOU FILIBUSTER THIS BILL?

Sad, I have no belief that these clowns get it yet.

Adam

John Cornyn is definitely an Establishment Republican. And far from the worst of that breed. Sigh...

He did talk about 41 votes against cloture for Harry Reid's pet spending bill. Let's see what he does to oppose it.

The way Reid is piling stuff onto the Senate agenda could be an admission that, come January, he'll be the Majority Leader in name only.

Robert Campbell

On another OL thread, there's a clip of an even squirmier appearance by Ron Paul on "Meet the Press" trying to rationalize his contradictions in seeking boodle for constituents. The clip includes Paul's attempt at the polticians' patented Skeptical Interruptive Chortle that is deployed whenever the point that someone (in this case, Tim Russert) is making is unassailable.

Edited by Starbuckle