Christmas

Kimmler

When do you start to feel Christmassy?

When do you put up your tree?

How’s the old Xmas shopping going?

Are you remembering it's a time of peace and goodwill to all men and women ;)

Ever year I vow I'm not going to eat too much, drink too much or spend too much and fail miserably.

How do you cope with the Xmas atmos(phere)?

Oh sure, let’s all talk Christmas with a troll. Actually this made me think of something funny for Dr. Who fans:

Oh sure, let’s all talk Christmas with a troll. Actually this made me think of something funny for Dr. Who fans:

It's a time of peace and goodwill to all men. Surely you can suspend your hostilities towards me over this festive period? Come on...be nice and I'll try to be a Rush fan, even for just one day.

Can't say fairer than that can I?

I start to feel Christmassy as soon as I listen to the Messiah, strictly a seasonal pastime for me. The parts I like are all in the Christmas section (the first third). During the season, and only then, Unto us a Child is Born is the greatest piece of music ever written.

Never had a Christmas tree in the years since putting one up has been my responsibility (though I know a great story about the origin of the angel on top). I do all my gift shopping online. Peace and good will are always in season with me; the rest of humanity are the ones who need reminding. I love the atmosphere, especially the music.

I get all Christmasy right after Thanksgiving dinner. We sit in the living room and watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - "Save the neck for me, Clark!"

Christmas in Hawaii is different. It's hard waking up Christmas morning with no snow on the ground, or in the forecast. But their Christmas music is excellent, usually a blend of English and Hawaiian. Great stuff. It adds more now to watching our movie.

Tree goes up during that weekend. Ours is already up, but the front yard still needs attention.

Goodwill, I practice. But most seem stressed over the holiday buying (most of mine is done). I avoid Black Friday like the plague! Ha!

I dabble in the art of eating and drinking sparingly... but that's what I say every year going in. ;)

As Clark W. Griswold so eloquently put it: "We're gonna have the hap hap happiest christmas since Bing Crosby tapdanced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse."

Happy Holidays!

~ Shane

ND,

Frankly I find your Troll image antisemetic. You ignore my race of trolls, the Jewish Antizionist. Your image lacks the hooked nose, mandatory Chomsky and Khalidi books, and the "Free Palestine" T-Shirt.

Correct this at once, thank you.

I don't understand, so you think the troll looks Jewish? He has a tattoo on his arm, which I believe is not permitted per Deuteronomy (I'm not going to look it up to check). What stereotypical Jewish features do you spot? Maybe you'll like this one better:

Please+do+not+feed+the+trolls.jpg

You can't please everyone...

Pax vobiscum

felix dies Nativitatis

miilaad majiid

'Hag hamolad samea'h

Krismas ki subhkamna

buon Natale / gioioso Natale

frohe Weihnachten / fröhliche Weihnachten

С Рождеством Хрисовым

feliz Navidad

feliz Natal