Let the Truth of Rush be lighted, let the Love of Truth shine clear

Now, with Ridpath Power! And believe you me, it's quite good.

What’s this, they couldn’t get Peikoff? Had to settle for Ridpath? Oh right, he’s Canadian, I bet that’s the difference, proximity.

I get the sense from this that they (Rush) have been apologizing ever since, for having ever said something positive about Rand.

Is the last part a reference to that old chicken cross the road bit?

What’s this, they couldn’t get Peikoff? Had to settle for Ridpath? Oh right, he’s Canadian, I bet that’s the difference, proximity.

Birds of a feather flock together. Would that I too could soar amongst those eagles.

Ahem.

I get the sense from this that they (Rush) have been apologizing ever since, for having ever said something positive about Rand.

This of course establishes beyond any doubt the unassailability of Rushism and the utter BANKRUPTCY of Objectivism.

Seriously though -- you're probably right. I remember hearing a radio interview with Neil where he proffered the same dubious story of how 2112 was original with him and only *later* recognized its similarity to Anthem. Take my skepticism -- PLEASE! It makes me feel dirty.

Nevertheless, we should never lose sight of the fact that Rush has done much to convert many a wayward leftist towards the Truth and the Light.

BTW, I couldn't help noticing the shot of the liner notes wherein your "genus" is spelled correctly as "genius" [of Ayn Rand]. I never guessed you as a subversive, Dennis.

Hm?

BTW, I couldn't help noticing the shot of the liner notes wherein your "genus" is spelled correctly as "genius" [of Ayn Rand]. I never guessed you as a subversive, Dennis.

I noticed that in the video. I pulled out my copy just to double check, and dammit it says "genus". I could scan an image of it, upload it to photobucket and prove it, but Shirley I've shown it to you in person before, at some point. It's not like I made it up.

Hm?

The bit always ended with "and they were good", I forget how it got to that point. If we only had camera phones back in the day, imagine replaying your Andy Bernstein impression, particularly the time you did it in front of him. Yo Toohey, fuck yooooooooo!!!!! And then Roark he goes psycho on his head...

btw -

Something similar happened here (scroll to bottom) where someone who is decidedly not me asked him about the seeming tension between his advocacy of creative integrity and the fact that he composes music collectively. I'm curious what the peanut gallery here has to say about the issue.

Rush were awful, are awful and always will be awful.

2112 is prog rock at it's worst. The UN should have banned concept albums and 2112 is one of the worst, if not the worst. Bloated, pompous, dull stadium rock. No wonder the punks were so angry. All together now, after me:

"I am the antichrist

I am an anarchist"

Bloated, pompous, dull stadium rock. No wonder the punks were so angry.

Well I won't argue with "bloated and pompous" as I'm not the fan I used to be, but it'll probably make you cringe to hear I was originally a skate punk leftist in my teens who listened to the usual suspects (Dead Kennedys were a fave of mine). Upon hearing Rush however, it dawned on me how something truly unique and special can be created when people take the time to learn their instruments and actually apply some *craftsmanship* to their work, versus banging out the same 5 chords in a drunken temper tantrum.

Your posts have been worthless, are worthless, and, Shirley, will continue to be worthless.

Well I like that!

You get a better class of insult here. Though 9th Dr. can you keep a straight face whilst listening to the Trees?

Though 9th Dr. can you keep a straight face whilst listening to the Trees?

A “straight face”? I’d have to look in a mirror to check, but I imagine I wear a look of exaltation, as I involuntarily perform pastoral dance steps and generally start looking like this:

lecter_rampage.jpg

Try it sometime, though in your case it’ll probably look more like this:

Your posts have been worthless, are worthless, and, Shirley, will continue to be worthless.

Sure, yet if you add up the sum total of your posts & the others here, what would that amount to?

Peregrine, lets keep musicians out of music, they always spoil it, the boring b*****ds.

• 3 weeks later...

LINK

WASHINGTON, DC–Continuing its long-running debate on the subject Monday, members of Congress argued the merits of Canadian power trio Rush. "'The philosopher and the plowman, each must play his part'?" asked House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-TX). "C'mon. Neil Peart must be the most pretentious lyricist in arena-rock history. Gentlemen, forget these bloated, overrated '70s dinosaurs." Countered longtime Rush loyalist Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR): "Keep talking, man, the tunes say it all: 'Passage To Bangkok'? 'By-Tor And The Snow Dog'? That part in 'Red Barchetta' where [Rush bassist/vocalist] Geddy [Lee] sings about the gleaming alloy aircar shooting toward him two lanes wide? Look me in the eye and tell me that doesn't rock, motherfucker!" The deliberations are expected to continue throughout the week.