Shada - the lost Episode

kiaer.ts

link to a BBC production of the lost epsiode http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shada/one/index.shtml Shada, written by Douglas Adams.

Is this animated one you’re linking to better than the live action one on YouTube? I started up the live one, and was cringing immediately at the campy performances, particularly by the red shirts. Then the volume issue between the original scenes and the completions made it torture to listen to it. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to the end.

BTW, have you read Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency?

I love the part about Salt Lake City.

capt.340a5bcffd184427b2757bb197045cef-340a5bcffd184427b2757bb197045cef-0.jpg?x=276&y=345&q=85&sig=UM2j9ABWyvjw6S3y4ivxCg--

I don’t get it, is it something about the retirement age in France? They look a bit young to be concerned. Sous les pavés, la plage!

starring Richard E Grant as the Doctor

Ah yes, the other 10th Doctor, and the other, other 9th Doctor. It’s all too much to keep up with.

link to a BBC production of the lost epsiode http://www.bbc.co.uk...one/index.shtml Shada, written by Douglas Adams.

Is this animated one you're linking to better than the live action one on YouTube? I started up the live one, and was cringing immediately at the campy performances, particularly by the red shirts. Then the volume issue between the original scenes and the completions made it torture to listen to it. I don't think I'll be able to make it to the end.

BTW, have you read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?

I love the part about Salt Lake City.

capt.340a5bcffd184427b2757bb197045cef-340a5bcffd184427b2757bb197045cef-0.jpg?x=276&y=345&q=85&sig=UM2j9ABWyvjw6S3y4ivxCg--

I don't get it, is it something about the retirement age in France? They look a bit young to be concerned. Sous les pavés, la plage!

starring Richard E Grant as the Doctor

Ah yes, the other 10th Doctor, and the other, other 9th Doctor. It's all too much to keep up with.

The animation is of consistant quality, if cheap - the figures are static and translate but do not move fluidly. Scream of the Shalka is better visually.

Tried reading Gently.

The boy's sign says Etudiants en Greve - "Students on Strike." Funniest French joke I've heard in years.

Edited by Ted Keer

Tried reading Gently.

Didn’t like Dirk Gently? Wow, that’s a big time favorite of mine. I don’t grok how you can be such a booster for Shada when it’s obviously just a precursor.

The boy's sign says Etudiants en Greve - "Students on Strike." Funniest French joke I've heard in years.

But it says 62 Ans, or 62 years on the sign. I figured they were striking to protest a change to the retirement age. If you’ve been to France or otherwise have an insight into the French mentality, I think you’ll agree that it makes sense.

Même si Dieu existait, il faudrait le supprimer.

Tried reading Gently.

Didn't like Dirk Gently? Wow, that's a big time favorite of mine. I don't grok how you can be such a booster for Shada when it's obviously just a precursor.

But it says 62 Ans, or 62 years on the sign. I figured they were striking to protest a change to the retirement age. If you've been to France or otherwise have an insight into the French mentality, I think you'll agree that it makes sense.

Même si Dieu existait, il faudrait le supprimer.

For reading, I like hard scifi (and hard fantasy, which pretty much means only Tolkien, Earthsea, Watership Down, and Mists of Avalon). I very much enjoyed H2G2 as a show. It was one of the first things I streamed on Netflix when I got a device to do so. I did read So Long, but only because I liked the series, and would not have read it on its own and will not read it again unless civilization falls, libraries survive, and I live long enough to get quite bored. I simply prefer my comedy in dramatic, not literary form.

I assumed that you understood the 62 Ans part, so I didn't comment. Obviously the sign means students on strike against the 62 year retirement age. (Is it mandatory? I bet they have a lot of suicides.) But the funny part remains the first line. Might as well have Welfare Recipients on Strike. (What amenity is badly affected when students strike? Are we supposed to suffer due to a lack of crowded busses when class would have let out?) It would make a perfect ironic opening shot for Atlas Shrugged.

Edited by Ted Keer