This Guy is like a Goldwater or Reagan

Selene

This is a remarkable individual. I have seen him speak at some live events.

He gets it. He is exceptionally well informed and his rhetorical style is spectacularly refreshing.

Adam

Thanks for sharing this clip, Adam. I had never heard Christie speak and the idea of a Republican governor of New Jersey seemed about as improbably as a Quaker in the politburo of the communist party.

But moral self-confidence, the ability to stand by your guns and make your case fully and uncompromisingly in the teeth of the unions and others like them is very admirable and can move mountains whether or not you agree with every policy.

Precisely Phillip:

His agility, knowledge and directness despite his "fat" image [which was used against him when he ran] is desperately desired by the citizens in this country.

Michael alluded to, hell he directly stated that the citizen is starving for just being told the truth, whether it is by the person directing the crowd or the person asking for your vote.

Truth is not an orphan of politics. Goldwater was completely direct in 1963 when he ran.

He told seniors that social security was unsustainable. It was!

He told farmers that the federal government should not give them price supports. He was right.

He was clear about Vietnam, but he was the WARMONGER!

At that time, the voter did not want to believe that there was no such thing as a free lunch. Now they know.

My major problem is having absolutely no trust or "faith" in the National Blue Blood Republican Party. The fact that the Libertarian Party of Alaska is meeting with Murkowski makes me want to vomit!

Glad you appreciated Christie because that is exactly the was he conducts himself, with, or without, the cameras.

Adam

Agreed:

I swung a whole boatload of votes to him. Remember it was a three (3) way race. This state is so badly run with entrenched power rooted in old line county organizations that he has a tough job, but he is not ducking anything as far as I can tell.

Moreover, he is pissing off the "right" power groups. This township has a 1.8 million dollar "hole" to fill.

This morning I picked up a copy of last years budget and I am working with two (2) members of the counsel to make the cuts where they can be made without crippling the "essential services".

What is fascinating is when I raised cutting property taxes twenty percent [20%] you would have thought that we were going to have to call in the EMS folks who they were looking to axe.

This is just the tip of the ice berg and we are on a Titanic with a mandated federal rudder which is stuck and heading us straight for disaster.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

How refreshing!

Christie cutting 7.5 million in NJ State taxpayers subsidies to Planned Parenthood who, in my opinion, should get zero (0) dollars.

I hope that the racist Margaret Sanger is turning over in her grave.

New Jersey Planned Parenthood Abortion Biz Closes After Christie Cuts Funds

by Steven Ertelt

LifeNews.com Editor

September 21, 2010

Trenton, NJ (LifeNews.com) -- After the New Jersey state Senate defeated an attempt to override the decision of Gov. Chris Christie to cut off state taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood abortion businesses, the first facility run by the national abortion giant is closing.

The Cherry Hill Courier Post newspaper says a Planned Parenthood facility located on Haddonfield Road and operated by Planned Parenthood of Southern New Jersey will close down.

PP-SNJ stands to lose as much as $160,000 in taxpayer funds because of Christie's decision and the upholding of his veto. With the closing of the Cherry Hill center, Planned Parenthood customers seeking abortions or other "services" must go to PP centers in Camden, Bellmawr, and Edgewater Park.

Parenthood of Southern New Jersey president Lynn Brown told the newspaper, "We are in think mode and creative mode and we are doing all that we can to try and salvage to see as many people as we need to see."

"We all know it's strictly ideological," Brown said of the funding cuts to the abortion business. "This is a very frustrating and perplexing time for us."

While the Cherry Hill center does not do abortions, it gives abortion referrals to Planned Parenthood offices in Hamilton Square, Princeton, and Trenton where abortions are done on women and unborn children.

Marie Tasy, the head of New Jersey Right to Life, told LifeNews.com she applauded the state Senate for not overriding Christie's veto of the Planned Parenthood funding bill.

"We applaud the Senators who voted No to override Governor Christie’s veto of S2139," she said. "This debate was never about health care, it is about advancing a political agenda and rewarding 'friends' and a radical special interest group with our tax dollars."

"We commend Governor Christie for his steadfast opposition to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse and for working to promote the best health care for all NJ citizens," Tasy added.

Christie won the praise of pro-life advocates in July by vetoing a bill that would restore the family planning funds his administration cut from the state budget because of deep economic troubles.

Although it doesn't fund abortions directly, the money goes to the Planned Parenthood abortion business. The funds go to 58 family planning clinics but Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion chain, runs 29 of the facilities.

After Christie cut the funding, the state legislature approved a bill to restore it and they approved the bill he vetoed on a 30-10 vote on the Senate, more than enough to override.

However, Republicans who supported the bill would not buck their party's governor by supporting the override vote.

Although a majority of the Senate voted to restore the abortion businesses' funding, the Senate voted on a party-line 23-17 vote, well short of the two-thirds needed to override.

Related web sites:

Contact Governor Christie - http://www.nj.gov/nj/feedback.html

New Jersey Right to Life - http://www.njrtl.org

Buzz up!

The Christie hits just keep on rolling in!

This is from Glen Beck's - The Blaze - The top 12 Christie greatest hits clips! Some are hilarious.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blaze-mix-video-top-12-chris-christie-greatest-hits-clips/

Adam

• 1 month later...

What I've learned from Christie is not to judge a book by its cover. When I first saw him here on NY television, he looked like the apotheosis of a NJ politician. I had no idea that he had ideas he was willing to pursue no matter what. My respect for him went way up when he put the kibosh on the NJ/NY turnpike or tunnel -whatever it was- in spite of severe criticism. He is really helping the finances of NJ! Compare him to say Schwarzenegger who looks strong and 'heroic' and got CA in deep ****. Strange isn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

A natural what? I suppose a right wing thug would be blessed relief after all the left wing thugs we have suffered.

Ba'al Chatzaf

A natural what? I suppose a right wing thug would be blessed relief after all the left wing thugs we have suffered.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yes, a right wing individual is much better.

How does "thug" fit him?

Moreover, did you support his refusal to go through with the tunnel boondoggle? NJ was to pay 70% and NY 0% and the Feds 30% - seemed like a pretty bad deal to me!

A natural politician in the better sense of the word.

Moreover, did you support his refusal to go through with the tunnel boondoggle? NJ was to pay 70% and NY 0% and the Feds 30% - seemed like a pretty bad deal to me!

One of his better decisions. If NJ had gone along with the project the NJ taxpayers would be holding the bag for at least six billion dollars in over-runs. I keep thinking of the Big Dig in Boston. It was only supposed to cast 4 billion. Ended up costing 14 billion and the concrete in the Ted Williams Tunnel falls down once a year killing some unsuspecting motorist.

Ba'al Chatzaf

One of his better decisions. If NJ had gone along with the project the NJ taxpayers would be holding the bag for at least six billion dollars in over-runs. I keep thinking of the Big Dig in Boston. It was only supposed to cast 4 billion. Ended up costing 14 billion and the concrete in the Ted Williams Tunnel falls down once a year killing some unsuspecting motorist.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Good. Did you also support his:

1) cuts in State personnel;

2) his refusal to accede to the teacher's union pressures; and

3) general leadership?

3) general leadership?

Absolutely. My main problem with him is style, not substance. He looks like he should be breaking the kneecaps of the leaders of the teacher's union. He looks a bit like a thug. I would prefer a trimmer more elegant teacher-basher.

Ba'al Chatzaf

3) general leadership?

Absolutely. My main problem with him is style, not substance. He looks like he should be breaking the kneecaps of the leaders of the teacher's union. He looks a bit like a thug. I would prefer a trimmer more elegant teacher-basher.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob:

Would you accept that kind of "judging a book by its cover" from anyone?

I think the "Jackie Gleason" affable look is perfect. It is like the scene from Devil's Advocate when Pacino says that they never see me coming.

This has worked for me throughout my life. Never spill your candy in the lobby!

Adam

3) general leadership?

Ba'al Chatzaf

This from mister I am not a racist its my Aspergers ?

Edited by Ted Keer

This from mister I am not a racist its my Aspergers ?

Race? When did I mention race? I can't help it if Chris Christie looks somewhat like Cuffy Meigs from -Atlas Shrugged-.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 2 months later...

Folks:

With all the talk about a government shutdown in Washington because of the cuts in the budget, we should remind ourselves of Christie's hilarious explanation last year of how he was going to handle a government shutdown in the Garden State of New Jersey:

How Chris Christie Explained he was going to handle the threatened government shutdown of New Jersey

I love this guy.

Ann Coulter suggested at CPAC this weekend that the Republicans would lose the Presidency in 2012 if they do not nominate Christie and go with Romney.

Christie's gun rights stance has come under fire and his path to citizenship immigration stand has been attacked as "mushy."

However, there is still time for him to solidify his positions in these areas.

Finally, I am seriously wondering if he would not be a perfect candidate for 2012.

Adam

• 4 months later...

Even though he still has feelers out for President, I think wiser heads are prevailing in his inner circle and he will not enter the 2012 race, but how refreshing would he be on the campaign trail!

Here is his recent answer to a woman who questions why he cut public school "education" money, but he does not send his kids to public school!

Priceless!

It is none of your business!

Love this guys in your face style.

Adam

Union thugs leadership calls New Jersey Nazi Germany and Adolf Christie...here.

They also announce that since it took WWII to defeat Hitler, they are declaring WW III to defeat Adolf Christie and his two (2) generals.

It is hard to believe that these union goons are framing the message this way. If I had a WWII vet living of dead in my family, I would make sure to vote against these thugs.

If I were a Jew, I would publicly repudiate these thugs by demeaning the Holocaust with any comparisons to Governor Christie or the State of New Jersey to Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany.

For shame!

Adam

Union thugs leadership calls New Jersey Nazi Germany and Adolf Christie...here.

They also announce that since it took WWII to defeat Hitler, they are declaring WW III to defeat Adolf Christie and his two (2) generals.

It is hard to believe that these union goons are framing the message this way. If I had a WWII vet living of dead in my family, I would make sure to vote against these thugs.

If I were a Jew, I would publicly repudiate these thugs by demeaning the Holocaust with any comparisons to Governor Christie or the State of New Jersey to Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany.

For shame!

Adam

God damned Proles! The Workers are revolting. Very revolting.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 3 months later...