Los Angeles Objectivists!

Charlie

I moved to Hollywood a couple of years ago. I'm an audio engineer and have a passion for music. Trying to maintain moral fortitude in that industry and during this time is quite a challenge. It hurts my pocket, too. LOL. I'm looking to make some like-minded friends in the area that I can talk and relate with. Starting to wonder about people which isn't good for such a social job.

~Michele

I'm in east suburban L.A., and can highly recommend a venue with many libertarians and Objectivists that would be a great jumping-in point for you: the Karl Hess Club.

It's a supper club that meets on the third Monday evening of every month in Culver City. The restaurant is accessible and inexpensive, and the speakers are almost always intriguing. You can see my picture at left — if you come, look for me and introduce yourself, as I'll be there on 19 July.

> You're in LA? So what are you doing in Kansas?

Michael, that's strange. What on earth would make you think his original post was written from Kansas?

Psychic powers, I'm guessing.

But, Michael, if I have a laptop and I take it with me from state to state and use the same service (the ISP - I used AT&T Worldnet when I moved from CA to FL), don't all my posts still have the same I.P. number?

Edited by Philip Coates

Ok, so that means this "You're in LA? So what are you doing in Kansas?" was inaccurate - as I first said. All you're entitled to conclude is that the computer he is using was onto the internet via an Internet Provider based in Kansas at some point.

(No big deal: Your original post confused me and I just wanted to make sure that 'IP tracking' works the way I thought it did....if I hook my new netbook up to the internet separately from my old laptop - bought and used in California originally - as opposed to on the same network it will have whatever is the home location of my different, new Internet service.)

Edited by Philip Coates

All you're entitled to conclude is that the computer he is using was onto the internet via an Internet Provider based in Kansas at some point.

Phil,

At some point?

Heh.

How about at the respective points of registration and posting?

Here's a question. At what other "points" would my controls log the IP number if not those? (Or IP numbers, for that matter, like, say, with a dynamic IP or the computer being used on another provider like, say, at Starbucks?)

You're faking technical knowledge and it's starting to show.

Michael

Hello Everyone,

I am living in Los Angeles and hoping to find other objectivists in the area that I can get to know, and hopefully befriend.

Feel free to drop me a line: reach_charlie@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Charlie

You can contact quite a few LA Objectivists by joining LAON, an on-line Yahoo discussion group which also meets periodically. (Barbara Branden spoke to the group in April.) Just send an e-mail to laobjectivists@yahoogroups.com and ask for information about joining.

All you're entitled to conclude is that the computer he is using was onto the internet via an Internet Provider based in Kansas at some point.

At some point? Heh. [...] You're faking technical knowledge and it's starting to show.

Or he's thinking of someone traveling with a laptop and logging in to a free Wi-Fi connection at a Starbucks Coffee in, say, Topeka.

Don't think the worst of people like this. It isn't becoming to you.