Video Comment - Bedtime for Japan

Ed Hudgins

by Edward Hudgins

June 25, 2010 -- The Japanese government wants everyone in the country to go to bed one hour earlier in order to reduce CO2 emissions. It's back to pre-caveman days! Edward Hudgins analyzes this bit of eco-cult nonsense!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

For further reading:

*Edward Hudgins, "A Cool American Capitalist." August 24, 2005.

*Edward Hudgins, "New Cult of Darkness." April 2, 2007.

by Edward Hudgins

June 25, 2010 -- The Japanese government wants everyone in the country to go to bed one hour earlier in order to reduce CO2 emissions. It's back to pre-caveman days! Edward Hudgins analyzes this bit of eco-cult nonsense!

For further reading:

*Edward Hudgins, "A Cool American Capitalist." August 24, 2005.

*Edward Hudgins, "New Cult of Darkness." April 2, 2007.

And when Japanese men and women go to bed earlier, what do you think they will start to do earlier? Yes! You got it! It ryhmes with ruck. Rots of ruck, Japan! And too much rucking (rucking? is that a verb?) is not going to decrease the amount of CO2 produced, you can bet on it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

And when Japanese men and women go to bed earlier, what do you think they will start to do earlier? Yes! You got it! It ryhmes with ruck. Rots of ruck, Japan! And too much rucking (rucking? is that a verb?) is not going to decrease the amount of CO2 produced, you can bet on it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

All that rucking will produce lots more carbon-emitting units--better known as children--which will help stop the drop in Japanese population but produce a carbon footprint that will really kick ass!

Ed,

I am so glad you are starting to use the video format!

Dayaamm!

You came off well, too.

Well... at the end your eye movement to the prompter became rather noticeable and the sound was a little low, but those are minor issues on getting off the ground on something like this. All things considered, you came off really well.

Congratulations.

btw - I am writing this in the daylight. I wanted to wait to night so I could do it while consuming more electricity than now, but I am too enthusiastic about your new effort to wait.

btw2 - Please fix the sound in future videos--even if you don't think it is too low. You only need to increase it a few notches when you record. If you keep it at the present level, this will impede many people from watching over time as it is still a bit too low when their computer's volume control is on maximum.

Michael

Thank goodness you didn’t light that mini-tipi log campfire set up on your desk. Surely that would have violated the terms of your lease, and TAS would be homeless.

The way you squeezed your hands together towards the end made you look nervous.