Info about Oil Spills

DavidMcK

I was curious about how long it takes for crude to evaporate and found the following link that has some more links in it to the science of oil spills: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread572870/pg1

About 40% of the Louisiana Sweet Crude oil (very different from the Exxon Valdez heavy crude) evaporates within a day or two. Microbes eat quite a bit of oil -- it is like sugar to them. The environmentalist and TV people seem to be positively euphoric about this spill..the chance to kick oil companies around and pose as friends of the earth and humanity is just to much to be wasted. Notice that most of the crap coming from the Obama adm. came after movie maker Spike Lee told Obama to get mad...then we had the 'boot to the throat' comments and a special fund of $20B. This seems like a way to gore an ox rather than make sure that everyone has to prove damage. Congress got in to the act of course with new hearings...not so different from the McCarthy trials except Goldman Sachs and BP are the new targets. Anyway someone interested in seeing how this plays out can start with the above links: for my part I bought 150 shares of BP last week in my Roth. We need to get rid of this idiotic chairman with his 'little people' ideas and BP should be able to cover the costs of this and come back.

I was curious about how long it takes for crude to evaporate and found the following link that has some more links in it to the science of oil spills: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread572870/pg1

About 40% of the Louisiana Sweet Crude oil (very different from the Exxon Valdez heavy crude) evaporates within a day or two. Microbes eat quite a bit of oil -- it is like sugar to them. The environmentalist and TV people seem to be positively euphoric about this spill..the chance to kick oil companies around and pose as friends of the earth and humanity is just to much to be wasted. Notice that most of the crap coming from the Obama adm. came after movie maker Spike Lee told Obama to get mad...then we had the 'boot to the throat' comments and a special fund of $20B. This seems like a way to gore an ox rather than make sure that everyone has to prove damage. Congress got in to the act of course with new hearings...not so different from the McCarthy trials except Goldman Sachs and BP are the new targets. Anyway someone interested in seeing how this plays out can start with the above links: for my part I bought 150 shares of BP last week in my Roth. We need to get rid of this idiotic chairman with his 'little people' ideas and BP should be able to cover the costs of this and come back.

David,

Worst case scenario envisioned by geologists who imagine a huge bubble of trapped methane gas deep within the sea floor under tremendous pressure which will explode and cause a Mt. St Helens event which would cause a tsunami which would cause destruction and death in the Gulf states including Florida which has an average height above sea level of six inches.

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/81/462/How_the_ultimate_BP_Gulf_disaster_could_kill_millions.html

Sorry to ruin your day! If you have loved ones in the region you might want to invite them up north until after the cataclysm. Geologists have been warning about this prospect long before drilling began.

Not so bad after all? If you plan on vacationing in Florida, stay out of the Northern Panhandle (Pensacola, etc.). It has already promised to destroy what is left of tourism, to the tune of millions--and Florida is in NO position to take another hit. Must I show you beach shots up there, that the USCG has taken? Shall I mail you a tar ball?

On the other hand, so far so good in SW Florida, where I live. For now. Here are a couple shots of Fort Myers Beach I took last week. In the first one, look in the background and you'll see this really cool observatory a guy built on top of his house (pink).

As far as the government response, business as usual--monkey business. Prez B.O. did another one of his perfunctory trips down here, blah blah blah.

RipOffComics003.jpg

RipOffComics002.jpg

RipOffComics001.jpg