The Objectivist Soul Queen

onlyjeanbean

While I was browsing through the forum I noticed a lot of music I agreed with, [beatles, Rush] but soul and R&B are often overlooked music genres in the objectivist world. It makes perfect sense of course, crying about your "cheating man" will not only serve as a blockage to incoming productive thoughts, but in my opinion will lessen your natural ability to think, or should I say, your ability to "think to think". Every now and then there are a few gems, and soul/jazz artist Erykah Badu is a beautiful one. I posted a song or two, feel free check it out.

While I was browsing through the forum I noticed a lot of music I agreed with, [beatles, Rush] but soul and R&B are often overlooked music genres in the objectivist world. It makes perfect sense of course, crying about your "cheating man" will not only serve as a blockage to incoming productive thoughts, but in my opinion will lessen your natural ability to think, or should I say, your ability to "think to think". Every now and then there are a few gems, and soul/jazz artist Erykah Badu is a beautiful one. I posted a song or two, feel free check it out.

JeanBean, Erykah Badu is a sultry lady and like some of her music. You are correct that soul and R&B are overlooked quite a bit. It falls outside of the "orthodox" view of what is supposed to be the "right" music to listen to. But we and others know that this is not always the case. I know you'll like these songs. Ones I picked up real quick off of Youtube and the first ones that came to my mind when reading your post. The one I like the most though is "Just Fine." It's a great song. But I do like both songs very much.

Most, not all, but most of the music I listen to touches me on a personal level that I can relate to from my childhood and tough times or who I am now as a person, etc. The beauty of music and the way I use it is I always draw strength and determination from it. I'm extremely determined anyway, etc. But if I want that additional "push" and putting that determination into complete overdrive in order to achieve my goal and to succeed, just turn some music on and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!