I *AM* HUMAN!!!!

ffpcs

I just wanted to introduce mySELF. My name is Frank Fiamingo. I am 61 and live in New Jersey - "Down the shore". I consider mySELF an "Objectivist-in-training". I say that because I am always checking my premises, and I am still learning something new about Objectivism every day. Trying to always be rational, takes work. Thinking is HARD! I seem to spend a good deal of time correcting my mistakes, but it is WORTH it. I owned and operated two business for over 30 years (a computer consulting business, and a medical billing service). I am "mostly" retired now, and pursuing new interests. My wife and I recently became interested in pistol shooting, so if any of you are into that, please give me a shout. We also love spending time with my daughter, son-in-law, and my two BEAUTIFUL little Grand Daughters.

More later....

Frank

I just wanted to introduce mySELF. My name is Frank Fiamingo. I am 61 and live in New Jersey - "Down the shore". I consider mySELF an "Objectivist-in-training". I say that because I am always checking my premises, and I am still learning something new about Objectivism every day. Trying to always be rational, takes work. Thinking is HARD! I seem to spend a good deal of time correcting my mistakes, but it is WORTH it. I owned and operated two business for over 30 years (a computer consulting business, and a medical billing service). I am "mostly" retired now, and pursuing new interests. My wife and I recently became interested in pistol shooting, so if any of you are into that, please give me a shout. We also love spending time with my daughter, son-in-law, and my two BEAUTIFUL little Grand Daughters.

More later....

Frank

Don't shoot!unsure.gif

Welcome aboard!smile.gif

Greetings Human named Frank. It sounds like you will fit right in, here.

I have not shot pistols in a while but I own a WWII vintage German Luger. I hope you wear ear protectors.

We have just acquired our first grand daughter, Elizabeth, who is just shy of six months old. We will be baby sitting her tomorrow. She goes crazy when we put her in a bungy cord swing where her feet can "just reach" the floor. We put on music from the cable called Toddler Tunes, and she dances and shrieks and laughs for fifteen minutes, or until exhausted, whichever comes first.

Semper cogitans fidele,

Peter Taylor

Ferengi 15th Rule of Acquisition:

Treat family members like you would treat someone in your debt - exploit them ruthlessly.

"Where's my bottle, Grandfather? I want it now!"

• 2 months later...

More later....

Frank

Hail and Greetings from Monroe Twp., NJ. The bada bing state.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Welcome to OL, Frank_in_NJ.

Maybe you can answer a question. About a month ago I visited the National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, Virginia. During my visit there was an awards ceremony for sharpshooting, with a rifle (link).

A while later I was looking at an exhibit of pistols used in sharpshooting. Some of the grip shapes were unusual. The part that fits in the palm was sculpted to better fit a hand. The bottom part of the grip curved such as to wrap around the narrow side of the palm that aligns with the little finger and abut the back of the hand. (I later searched Google Images, but could not find any pictures of such a grip.)

Also looking at the exhibit was the Lt. who had received the award. I congratulated him and asked him about the unusual grips, why they were shaped that way. He seemed to know a lot about sharpshooting with a pistol as well. He gave an explanation, but it didn't sink in. He said something about getting the weight of the pistol to bear on ligaments rather than muscle. He even held out his arm and hand to simulate shooting. Maybe the angle of the pistol grips relative to the barrel were non-standard, too. I can't say.

Anyway, do you have any insights about this?

I also didn't understand very well details about the Lt.'s achievement. For example, what does "200-14X" mean? (My guess is "14X" means a 14 power scope.) What was the nature of the scope he used, assuming he used one for 1000 yards?

I don't blame him. He may have been looking for a community of reasonable people.

I don't blame him. He may have been looking for a community of reasonable people.

Stop dissing yourself. Look into the mirror every day and repeat this 100 times (after shaving): "I, _____________, am a reasonable people."

Say it aloud and forcefully, but not so loud as to alarm the neighbors, who indubitably hate bad grammar.

--Brant

so helpful I yam