Animals' Right to Privacy

sbeaulieu

My first suggestion would be to not have it in a thread named "Animals' Right to Privacy". It should be in another thread maybe called "Ways to Increase your Sexual Pleasure", or something. :)

PS. I just thought of something, maybe this IS related to animal's privacy. :0

GS,

This must have been my subconscious kicking into overdrive. :blink:

~ Shane

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first suggestion would be to not have it in a thread named "Animals' Right to Privacy". It should be in another thread maybe called "Ways to Increase your Sexual Pleasure", or something. :)

PS. I just thought of something, maybe this IS related to animal's privacy. :0

GS,

This must have been my subconscious kicking into overdrive. :blink:

~ Shane

LOL :)

You could use the spoiler text option:

Cock rings and dildos and whiskers on kittens...

Jonathan,

This is really cool. I didn't think to experiment with other code.

Thank you very much. If anyone wishes to do this in bb code (it's really easy), check it out in the spoiler section below.

Put brackets around the words "spoiler" and "/spoiler" (but without quotes). I can't put the brackets on here because the code will execute instead of showing what I typed. Then put "spoiler" (with brackets without quotes) in front of the text you want and "/spoiler" (with brackets without quotes) at the end. Here is how it will be typed for the phrase "this is a text to illustrate spoiler code. I have to use the code feature to show it, which is why that one does not execute.

[spoiler]This is a text to illustrate spoiler code.[/spoiler]

Cool...

Michael

Thank you very much. If anyone wishes to do this in bb code (it's really easy), check it out in the spoiler section below.

Put brackets around the words "spoiler" and "/spoiler" (but without quotes). I can't put the brackets on here because the code will execute instead of showing what I typed. Then put "spoiler" (with brackets without quotes) in front of the text you want and "/spoiler" (with brackets without quotes) at the end. Here is how it will be typed for the phrase "this is a text to illustrate spoiler code. I have to use the code feature to show it, which is why that one does not execute.

Cool...

Michael

Michael,

Your explanation really sucked. :)

Ghs

Michael

Food for thought. Not only would this be good to hide away explicit information, it would also be a good way to crop some of the scrolling for large amounts of text. Put up, what we call in the military, a BLUF (bottom line up front) or a summary, and then put the spoiler tags front and back. I'm not sure if the spoiler tags could essentially be duplicated and renamed for that purpose, but it would help save the scroller buttons on the mice from being rubbed raw :lol:

~ Shane

Cool...

Michael

Michael,

Your explanation really sucked. :)

Ghs

But can you embed a video as a spoiler?

Looks like you can!

After George's little experiment, I take back my assessment on the pages being shorter *cough*! Ha!

~ Shane

Very cool feature, J!!!! Good ideas too with what to do with this thread!!!

I've been watching you guys while at work and this is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while!!!!!!!!

I got a pretty "pussy" cat too!!!!

4597476786_0bc63e7bb8.jpg

Haha!!! Made ya look..... :lol: This is my pussy cat named Jengo!!! :lol:

The idea from GS and title is a good one and may use it when spinning this thread off into a more appropriate area of the forum BUT if anyone else wants to do this is fine with me. I figured I was going to copy and paste the cock ring portion of it to start it with a disclaimer at the top though.

I'm getting slammed really hard with work right now. Many deadlines approaching that I have to stay on top of and still picking up more work which is interfering with my playing around with this thread. LOL All work and no play makes for a dull....EEK. I also have a long awaited party coming up this weekend...a party in the making for the past 25 years or more and I definitely don't and won't miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wanting to get to this thread and soon but if anyone wants to start it elsewhere, go for it!!!! I'll get there eventually, sooner rather than later though. LOL

I'm a bit fearful at this point and what Ninth has up his sleeve or down his pants. LOL I just may be offended :o:blink: in what he intends to "show" and his wanting to hide his videos!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!! uh-oh, what am I in for and everyone else for that matter!?!?!

I see that Shane's mouse has been rubbed raw. ;) You may want to give him a break for a bit. :) LOL

George, I like Martinis but gotta add a bit of Apple in there some place!!!!!! LOL

It'll no doubt be a very very interesting thread coming up soon !!!!!!!!!!

Is there any possible way to write anything nowadays without the innuendos and thinking DAYAMMMMM?!?! This post is overflowing with them and not my intention. Either that or I'm just a perv!!!!!! LMAO

Another option is to use text which is the same (or almost the same) color as the background, and which can be read by highlighting it with your cursor:

...bright copper butt plugs and handjobs with mittens...

J

Another option is to use text which is the same (or almost the same) color as the background, and which can be read by highlighting it with your cursor:

...bright copper butt plugs and handjobs with mittens...

J

LOL, :) My God what a creative bunch we have here.

I'm getting slammed really hard with work right now

Many deadlines approaching that I have to stay on top of

Innuendos?? Where?? :huh:

~ Shane

I used to have a girlfriend who liked to put onions in her waffles. I'm the type of dude who could eat waffles all day long, but not with onions! That's just gross. But then again, I've always liked to put ketchup on my eggs, and I've never dated a woman who understood that. They've all thought that it was weird. I guess we all have our own quirky tastes.

J

Edited by Jonathan

I would like to make a brief digression to the esthetics of genitalia: to wit, as weird as they are anything to replace them with would be a lot wierder--something like this "ei" "ie" juxtaposition, but infinitely worse. Just as people should therefore keep their pants on they should also pant as many animals as possible.

--Brant

Pant the Animals League (PAL)

The mock posters are far-and-away your best contribution to this thread so far. The fact that you didn't actually write anything yourself helped a lot.

Ghs

Thanks, Ghs. I might direct you to your namesake, one of the best string manufacturers in the world, Ghs (just as you use upper/lower Strings).

Apparently, you are in the string-manufacturing business (www.ghsstrings.com). These are good; I particularly recommend the "Nickel Rockers" series. Though they are essentially heavy-gauged, in either event they make for wonderful choking tools, if one has a few bits of dowel rod, and some Duck Tape; it makes them stop talking quite quickly, if need be.

I've been busy lately, writing a detective story, planning my wedding, and cleaning things. But, I could recommend, if you are seeking amusement (and enrichment, perhaps, in the case of this thread) to direct your reading to the good ol' DSM IV, to wit:

What is a personality disorder?

[from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition, 1994, commonly referred to as DSM-IV, of the American Psychiatric Association. European countries use the diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization.] An enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectation of the individual's culture, is pervasive and inflexible, has an onset in adolescence or early adulthood, is stable over time, and leads to distress or impairment.

A personality disorder is a pattern of deviant or abnormal behavior that the person doesn't change even though it causes emotional upsets and trouble with other people at work and in personal relationships. It is not limited to episodes of mental illness, and it is not caused by drug or alcohol use, head injury, or illness. There are about a dozen different behavior patterns classified as personality disorders by DSM-IV. All the personality disorders show up as deviations from normal in one or more of the following:

(1) cognition -- i.e., perception, thinking, and interpretation of oneself, other people, and events;

(2) affectivity -- i.e., emotional responses (range, intensity, lability, appropriateness);

(3) interpersonal functions;

(4) impulsivity.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

While grandiosity is the diagnostic hallmark of pathological narcissism, there is <A href="http://www.mhsource.com/edu/psytimes/p960235.html" target=_blank>research evidence that pathological narcissism occurs in two forms, (a) a grandiose state of mind in young adults that can be corrected by life experiences, and (B) the stable disorder described in DSM-IV, which is defined less by grandiosity than by severely disturbed interpersonal relations.

The preferred theory seems to be that narcissism is caused by very early affective deprivation, yet the clinical material tends to describe narcissists as unwilling rather than unable, thus treating narcissistic behaviors as volitional -- that is, narcissism is termed a personality disorder, but it tends to be discussed as a character disorder. This distinction is important to prognosis and treatment possibilities. If NPD is caused by infantile damage and consequent developmental short-circuits, it probably represents an irremediable condition. On the other hand, if narcissism is a behavior pattern that's learned, then there is some hope, however tenuous, that it's a behavior pattern that can be unlearned. The clinical literature on NPD is highly theoretical, abstract, and general, with sparse case material, suggesting that clinical writers have little experience with narcissism in the flesh. There are several reasons for this to be so:

-- The incidence of NPD is estimated at 1% in the general population, though I haven't been able to discover the basis of this estimate.

-- Narcissists rarely enter treatment and, once in treatment, progress very slowly. We're talking about two or more years of frequent sessions before the narcissist can acknowledge even that the therapist is sometimes helpful. It's difficult to keep narcissists in treatment long enough for improvement to be made -- and few people, narcissists or not, have the motivation or the money to pursue treatment that produces so little so late.

-- Because of the influence of third-party payers (insurance companies), there has been a strong trend towards short-term therapy that concentrates on ameliorating acute troubles, such as depression, rather than delving into underlying chronic problems. Narcissists are very reluctant to open up and trust, so it's possible that their NPD is not even recognized by therapists in short-term treatment. Purely anecdotal evidence from correspondents and from observations of people I know indicates that selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors, such as Prozac, aggravate narcissists' grandiosity and lack of social inhibition. It has also been suggested that self-help literature about bolstering self-esteem and getting what you want out of life or that encourages the feeling of victimization has aggravating effects on NPD thinking and behavior.

-- Most clinical writers seem unaware that narcissists' self-reports are unreliable. This is troubling, considering that lying is the most common complaint about narcissists and that, in many instances, defects of empathy lead narcissists to wildly inaccurate misinterpretations of other people's speech and actions, so that they may believe that they are liked and respected despite a history of callous and exploitative personal interactions.

[from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition, 1994, commonly referred to as DSM-IV, of the American Psychiatric Association. European countries use the diagnostic criteria of the World Health Organization.] A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy.[jma: NPD first appeared in DSM-III in 1980; before that time there had been no formal diagnostic description. Additionally, there is considerable overlap between personality disorders and clinicians tend to diagnose mixes of two or more. Grandiosity is a special case, but lack of empathy and exploitative interpersonal relations are not unique to NPD, nor is the need to be seen as special or unique. The differential diagnosis of NPD is made on the absence of specific gross behaviors. Borderline Personality Disorder has several conspicuous similarities to NPD, but BPD is characterized by self-injury and threatened or attempted suicide, whereas narcissists are rarely self-harming in this way. BPD may include psychotic breaks, and these are uncharacteristic of NPD but not unknown. The need for constant attention is also found in Histrionic Personality Disorder, but HPD and BPD are both strongly oriented towards relationships, whereas NPD is characterized by aloofness and avoidance of intimacy. Grandiosity is unique to NPD among personality disorders, but it is found in other psychiatric illnesses. Psychopaths display pathological narcissism, including grandiosity, but psychopathy is differentiated from NPD by psychopaths' willingness to use physical violence to get what they want, whereas narcissists rarely commit crimes; the narcissists I've known personally are, in fact, averse to physical contact with others, though they will occasionally strike out in an impulse of rage. It has been found that court-ordered psychotherapy for psychopaths actually increases their recidivism rate; apparently treatment teaches psychopaths new ways to exploit other people. Bipolar illness also contains strong elements of grandiosity. See more on grandiosity and empathy and its lack below.]The disorder begins by early adulthood and is indicated by at least five of the following:

Translation: Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a pattern of self-centered or egotistical behavior that shows up in thinking and behavior in a lot of different situations and activities. People with NPD won't (or can't) change their behavior even when it causes problems at work or when other people complain about the way they act, or when their behavior causes a lot of emotional distress to others (or themselves? none of my narcissists ever admit to being distressed by their own behavior -- they always blame other people for any problems). This pattern of self-centered or egotistical behavior is not caused by current drug or alcohol use, head injury, acute psychotic episodes, or any other illness, but has been going on steadily at least since adolescence or early adulthood.

NPD interferes with people's functioning in their occupations and in their relationships:

Mild impairment when self-centered or egotistical behavior results in occasional minor problems, but the person is generally doing pretty well.

Moderate impairment when self-centered or egotistical behavior results in: (a) missing days from work, household duties, or school, (B) significant performance problems as a wage-earner, homemaker, or student, © frequently avoiding or alienating friends, (d) significant risk of harming self or others (frequent suicidal preoccupation; often neglecting family, or frequently abusing others or committing criminal acts).

Severe impairment when self-centered or egotistical behavior results in: (a) staying in bed all day, (B) totally alienating all friends and family, © severe risk of harming self or others (failing to maintain personal hygiene; persistent danger of suicide, abuse, or crime).

1. An exaggerated sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

Translation: Grandiosity is the hallmark of narcissism. So what is grandiose?

The simplest everyday way that narcissists show their exaggerated sense of self-importance is by talking about family, work, life in general as if there is nobody else in the picture. Whatever they may be doing, in their own view, they are the star, and they give the impression that they are bearing heroic responsibility for their family or department or company, that they have to take care of everything because their spouses or co-workers are undependable, uncooperative, or otherwise unfit. They ignore or denigrate the abilities and contributions of others and complain that they receive no help at all; they may inspire your sympathy or admiration for their stoicism in the face of hardship or unstinting self-sacrifice for the good of (undeserving) others. But this everyday grandiosity is an aspect of narcissism that you may never catch on to unless you visit the narcissist's home or workplace and see for yourself that others are involved and are pulling their share of the load and, more often than not, are also pulling the narcissist's share as well. An example is the older woman who told me with a sigh that she knew she hadn't been a perfect mother but she just never had any help at all -- and she said this despite knowing that I knew that she had worn out and discarded two devoted husbands and had lived in her parents' pocket (and pocketbook) as long as they lived, quickly blowing her substantial inheritance on flaky business schemes. Another example is claiming unusual benefits or spectacular results from ordinary effort and investment, giving the impression that somehow the narcissist's time and money are worth more than other people's. [Here is an article about recognizing and coping with narcissism in the workplace; it is rather heavy on management jargon and psychobabble, but worth reading. "The Impact of Narcissism on Leadership and Sustainability" by Bruce Gregory, Ph.D. "When the narcissistic defense is operating in an interpersonal or group setting, the grandiose part does not show its face in public. In public it presents a front of patience, congeniality, and confident reasonableness."]

In popular usage, the terms narcissism, narcissist, and narcissistic denote absurd vanity and are applied to people whose ambitions and aspirations are much grander than their evident talents. Sometimes these terms are applied to people who are simply full of themselves -- even when their real achievements are spectacular. Outstanding performers are not always modest, but they aren't grandiose if their self-assessments are realistic; e.g., Muhammad Ali, then Cassius Clay, was notorious for boasting "I am the greatest!" and also pointing out that he was the prettiest, but he was the greatest and the prettiest for a number of years, so his self-assessments weren't grandiose. Some narcissists are flamboyantly boastful and self-aggrandizing, but many are inconspicuous in public, saving their conceit and autocratic opinions for their nearest and dearest. Common conspicuous grandiose behaviors include expecting special treatment or admiration on the basis of claiming (a) to know important, powerful or famous people or (B) to be extraordinarily intelligent or talented. As a real-life example, I used to have a neighbor who told his wife that he was the youngest person since Sir Isaac Newton to take a doctorate at Oxford. The neighbor gave no evidence of a world-class education, so I looked up Newton and found out that Newton had completed his baccalaureate at the age of twenty-two (like most people) and spent his entire academic career at Cambridge. The grandiose claims of narcissists are superficially plausible fabrications, readily punctured by a little critical consideration. The test is performance: do they deliver the goods? (There's also the special situation of a genius who's also strongly narcissistic, as perhaps Frank Lloyd Wright. Just remind yourself that the odds are that you'll meet at least 1000 narcissists for every genius you come across.) [More on grandiosity.]

2. Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

Translation: Narcissists cultivate solipsistic or "autistic" fantasies, which is to say that they live in their own little worlds (and react with affront when reality dares to intrude).

3. Believes he is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

Translation: Narcissists think that everyone who is not special and superior is worthless. By definition, normal, ordinary, and average aren't special and superior, and so, to narcissists, they are worthless.

4. Requires excessive admiration

Translation: Excessive in two ways: they want praise, compliments, deference, and expressions of envy all the time, and they want to be told that everything they do is better than what others can do. Sincerity is not an issue here; all that matter are frequency and volume.

5. Has a sense of entitlement

Translation: They expect automatic compliance with their wishes or especially favorable treatment, such as thinking that they should always be able to go first and that other people should stop whatever they're doing to do what the narcissists want, and may react with hurt or rage when these expectations are frustrated.

6. Selfishly takes advantage of others to achieve his own ends

Translation: Narcissists use other people to get what they want without caring about the cost to the other people.

7. Lacks empathy

Translation: They are unwilling to recognize or sympathize with other people's feelings and needs. They "tune out" when other people want to talk about their own problems.

In clinical terms, empathy is the ability to recognize and interpret other people's emotions. Lack of empathy may take two different directions: (a) accurate interpretation of others' emotions with no concern for others' distress, which is characteristic of psychopaths; and (B) the inability to recognize and accurately interpret other people's emotions, which is the NPD style. This second form of defective empathy may (rarely) go so far as alexithymia, or no words for emotions, and is found with psychosomatic illnesses, i.e., medical conditions in which emotion is experienced somatically rather than psychically. People with personality disorders don't have the normal body-ego identification and regard their bodies only instrumentally, i.e., as tools to use to get what they want, or, in bad states, as torture chambers that inflict on them meaningless suffering. Self-described narcissists who've written to me say that they are aware that their feelings are different from other people's, mostly that they feel less, both in strength and variety (and which the narcissists interpret as evidence of their own superiority); some narcissists report "numbness" and the inability to perceive meaning in other people's emotions.

8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him

Translation: No translation needed.

9. Shows arrogant, haughty, patronizing, or contemptuous behaviors or attitudes

Translation: They treat other people like dirt.

This sound like fun, to me.

Meanwhile, you have many things to amuse you here. Extensive explanations as to the use of cockrings (have you tried this? does it feel odd?). Either way, it is BONER TIME!

Enjoy! It's better than reading technical philosophy, and that's a good thing.

Regards,

rde

Adorable, I don't think I've ever seen that eye color with white fur. Is that a persian?

Meanwhile, you have many things to amuse you here. Extensive explanations as to the use of cockrings (have you tried this? does it feel odd?). Either way, it is BONER TIME!

Why don't you just stay off this thread?

PicardInsult.jpg

Adorable, I don't think I've ever seen that eye color with white fur. Is that a persian?

Aw, thank you. He is a persian!! With photography, I'm a "light" junkie if you will...LOL..and comp as well as is Jonathan. Jengo's eye color is pretty common but if you can manipulate the light in such a way it will really make them stand out and that's what I did here. The "stars" in his eyes is actually from a piece of paper set about 3 feet from him. Too bad those stars are so pronounced but no biggie. I tried different lengths set from him but couldn't get the effect I wanted but that's okay. I didn't want to move him from where he was in my bedroom. There was no light hitting him where he was at. I also didn't want to set up a flash (don't like artificial lighting so much but will use to a point) The play of natural light in the room was perfect but I had to redirect the natural lighting in such a way that would illuminate his face and those gorgeous eyes of his. So I propped up a white sheet of paper and redirected the light rays coming from the window towards him and BAM, lit his face up and those copper eyes and was only able to get a few shots off before he took off!!! Having a big ass camera and lens in your face can be a bit intimidating for him obviously.

I take it someone not wanted here has posted something but I can't see it. LMAO. Beauty of the ignore feature. bwhahahaha!!!!!

It is nearly impossible to determine the origins of Internet abbreviations.

I can trace them a bit, but in a loose-fashion, back to the green screen days. Bwha ha ha ha ha (etc.) comes to mind.

In any event, I suppose it doesn't matter much anymore, outside of the fact that it has (cutely, mostly) invaded commercials, and common lingo.

Or maybe it is just a dodge; a way to not write about real ideas. It strikes me as sort of a nervous laugh. Or, when you can't find real word expression. It is the coquette. Eyelashes batting, that sort of stuff.

But now that it has generally invaded things, we are stuck with it. Like the primal drive that used to be rap music, it is reduced to not only the common denominator, but, amazingly, has found its way to even go under that.

It is all a joke now. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

rde

"Language is a virus, from outer space." --William S. Burroughs

Edited by Rich Engle

Is anyone else getting the notion that Rich is filling this thread with incoherent topics? Disorders...internet abbreviation origins...say wha?

ND, love the Capt Picard poster!

Angie, beautiful shot of the "cat" and interesting use of background techniques to affect the outcome :)

~ Shane

ND, love the Capt Picard poster!

Angie, beautiful shot of the "cat" and interesting use of background techniques to affect the outcome :)

~ Shane

Thank you so very much, Shane!!! Much appreciated!!

Totally agree it's a great poster Ninth put up!!!

I hate when they ask you the Big Ones.

Is anyone else getting the notion that Rich is filling this thread with incoherent topics?

Yeah, I know. But the thing is, sometimes you just have to jam down gears. It's either that, or the next thing you know you are wearing a white belt and matching shoes, looking fondly at non-threatening yet sexy web content.

Coherence, at least in the entertainment business, is about as overrated as reality. But still, we try to stay with the facts. Often, we couch them within deep meanings. We use certain forms of Kung Fu of which ye are not familiar. I mean, you could be, for 29.95 USD, but that misses the point, don't it, Hammer?<---blatant lift, go lookin', it's a comic....there!

It just gets komplerkated fer sum peeple. But what else to do? Once you make dick jokes about Roark hammering granite, things get a little lean, even though it's just for a second.

I mean, for chrissakes, we all know what it feels like to have a routine blow up, right? Right?

rde

Found a Black Objectivist, now looking for Objectivists who believe even their own routines can blow up.

rde

It's Hammer Time<tm>

P.S. MSK--IMMEDIATE!: get an associate link for any crap Hammer is still selling. Our usual deal. Thanks.

PPS Also, no, I don't know who came up with the idea about the donkey, least of all where to rent one to do something like that. I thought you were the one that knew all about the search engines.. Sorry I could not be of further help.

Edited by Rich Engle