Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?

Philip Coates

I missed 12. I obviously don't do crosswords or appear on Jeopardy.

--Brant

I actually learned the different geological timeframes: eon, era and period and had to clarify which terms applied to which timeframes. You learn something new every day.

Jim

Adam is a real person. A prof of math at Los Angeles City College. Met him at two TAS summer seminars and Linz's Solo mini-conference in southern calif. a few years back. He's now broken with TAS and can be found posting in the comments at Noodlefood.

Phil,

I think you're talking about Adam Reed, not Adam Selene, and Adam Selene is indeed a fictional character in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

Jim

Also, Adam Reed doesn't teach math. And he doesn't teach anything at LA City College. He teaches at LA State (Cal State LA).

JR

I am glad beyond words that Adam Reed is not invovled with TAS. He asked long and boring questions at the Summer Seminar. Noodle Food deserves him.

Whoops, I stand corrected.

Adam Reed, not Adam Selene - and it was Cal State LA.

troll ignored

Oh yeah! To get called a troll by Phil, that’s almost as great an honor as being called a pomowanker by Jabba.

Isn't "Adam Selene" a name from The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? Specifically, isn't that name one the rebels in the novel make up for their revolutionary hero?

The Heinlein connection with Adam’s name came up on another thread, he said it was just a coincidence. I bet he’s just been hiking the Appalachian trail, or something like that. Hope so anyway. BTW, does anyone know about Wolf DeVoon? His last post read like a suicide note, it would be good to know if he’s okay or what.