Pondering 'God'

psychoanaleesis

I have always had a passion for natural redheads. I find them to be incredibly erotic.

Adam

Summer Redstone?

--Brant

I know you do not mean the CEO of Viacom...

Adam:

Yes, I was about to say that only, I thought it may be unfounded so I refrained.

Now, I see what you mean. Yes, like leaves in autumn, they do seem to set the cold wind ablaze especially when the sunlight hits their hair just right.

Boy, we'll need a few sessions before I get to know how you make those cognitive jumps. Hahaha.

I've been chewing on this idea for quite a bit and I've just found my stand on the matter of 'God' existing as a fact. Not surprisingly, the conclusion is: No. God does not exist since the concept of God is based on a supernatural entity belonging to the supernatural realm that he cannot exist in natural realm.

It is because I have never experienced conversing to a talking, burning bush ...

Even if you had had the subjective experience of a burning, talking bush giving you a 'celestial message', this would constitue no evidence of the existence of the supernatural. For it would be impossible to conduct any proof that it was a god communicating via the talking bush and not just a hallucination on your part.

Statements like "God exists" / "God's will is ..." reflect a thinking error which presents a mere belief (which can't be verified by any evidence) as a fact.

The question is that do we have any scientific evidence of a Jesus/counter-part figure ever existing?

No.

You both have clearly never made love with a redheaded woman.

Looks like the god discussion has quickly been brought down to earth to other "heavenly" pleasures. :)

In that context, I wonder what creature Rand's "rational man" must be who "only finds pleasure in rational actions" (Galt said that I think). Such restrictions must narrow down the gamut of pleasures considerable for the "rational man". I don't get the impression that I have missed much in not having encountered an exemplar of the "rational man" so far ...

But wait - maybe he doesn't exist at all? So as with Santa or God, my question to all who claim existence of Rand's rational man: can you provide any evidence that such being exists? ;)

Edited by Xray

Ms. Xray:

Sure I can.

One, you still are posting here.

Two, Brant hasn't had a drone take out your house or apartment.

Incredibly rational folks here.

Now would you actually like to have a serious discussion about it?

You would not be allowed to use the words "objective" or "subjective" with values, because we agree that we do not agree on the definitions.

Adam

Dangerous_xray.gif

So as with Santa or God, my question to all who claim existence of Rand's rational man: can you provide any evidence that such being exists? ;)

I just look in a mirror…wait a minute, no, that’s how I prove God exists. As for Santa, he's actually the one who died for your sins, there's even photographic evidence:34439.jpg

• 9 months later...