Mad Men

tjohnson

I have been watching this series lately has anyone watched it? I think it's really well done and it depicts the growth of consumerism in the US and how it was fueled by advertising. Also, there are several references to Ayn Rand. :)

I have been watching this series lately has anyone watched it? I think it's really well done and it depicts the growth of consumerism in the US and how it was fueled by advertising. Also, there are several references to Ayn Rand. :)

GS:

I watched a lot of the first year. Yes, it is excellent. I especially liked both the red headed female lead and the episodes on the Presidential campaign of 1960 which I was involved in at the advanced age of 14 lol.

The filming is really well done with the color enhancements, that vibrant "hot" look. Good series. Have not watched it past the first year though,

Adam

Just watched Season 2, episodes 10, 11, and 12. Am downloading season 3 from Usenet :)

P.S. I just got FibreOptic internet so I get up to 20 mbps downloads now. I can download a 800 mb dvd rip in about 5 mins. :)

Edited by general semanticist

• 7 years later...

This is the only Rand reference I'm aware of:

I like the show a lot, Don Draper is a lot like a Randian hero only more realistic.  The show does a good job at showing how intelligent people can work together (or sometimes backstab each other).