Christianity Compatible with Capitalism?

Guyau

No, this will be the good old-fashioned situation of being for the people able to be in the room. No show stuff or animosity, just sincere reason.

sincere reason, with Christianity??

In the 19th century just about every leading scientist was a Christian. Even Charles Darwin was a Christian and a licensed preacher of the Anglican Church.

Ba'al Chatzaf

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what you mean by "Christianity" and what you mean by "Capitalism"

If you are talking about "Classical Liberal Free Market Economics" with all its logical underpinnings then there are probably SOME kinds of Christianity that are compatible with it, although most kinds of Christianity would be incompatible to varying degrees.

Brant Gaede asks rhetorcially

Is capitalism compatible with individual rights? Is Christianity? If yes, then why not with each other?

This doesn't follow, since logical compatibility is not a transitive relation; A is compatible with B and B is compatible with C do not together entail A is compatible with C.

Some examples might be:

- Beth's only car is a Toyota.

- Beth's only car is a 4-door sedan.

- Beth's only car is a Hyundai.

- Rectangle A is 8" x 2".

- Rectangle A is 16 square inches in area.

- Rectangle A is 4" by 4".

Nothing followed. I asked a question; you inferred a proposition. My question was not so much rhetorical as an invitation to further discussion of the matter as such. However, I value your post for the same reason you do. Thanks.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede