Character - Jim Rohn

Michael Stuart Kelly

I just learned today that Jim Rohn passed away. Apparently it was on Dec. 5. I haven't yet confirmed the date. I was getting to his motivational work, but not quite there. So I took the opportunity to listen to some of his short videos.

It's true what they say of him. The man was a giant.

Here is a quote that jumped out at me—one that I would like to share:

Character isn't something you were born with and can't change, like your fingerprints. It's something you weren't born with and must take responsibility for forming.

I regret that I will never be able to meet this man.

Michael

Here is another very strong message from Jim Rohn: "Formula for Success and Failure."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wMwHY3UjRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wMwHY3UjRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wMwHY3UjRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(Just ignore the hype image on the video. That particular dude is doing the best he can, I guess.)

I just learned today that Jim Rohn passed away. Apparently it was on Dec. 5. I haven't yet confirmed the date. I was getting to his motivational work, but not quite there. So I took the opportunity to listen to some of his short videos.

Character isn't something you were born with and can't change, like your fingerprints. It's something you weren't born with and must take responsibility for forming.

Michael

Michael; Great quote! Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Michael

Michael

Michael, what a surprise! Nice to see you have such good taste. Thanks for writing this. The next comment is for those new viewers who aren't aware of JR's efforts. "If you ever wanted to have a great friend and bus. teacher, get to know who JR was and the lives he affected."

I've known JR since the 80's and got to know him and wife Yvonne quite well over a 15 yr. period. Yes, his lessons and applications are priceless and, even today, he is always close by. I can't say that about the Super Dudes I've met over the years. One favorite reminder I keep in my head and heart is his phrase "do it until" - this applies to any question one might have. I just had to respond. Thanks for the gift.

Annie