We the Living Arrives on DVD

Hi Folks,

We the Living is out on DVD and the history of the making (and remaking) of the movie is fascinating.

Darrell

Sweet. I'm just about done reading the book. I'm at the part where Irina and Sasha are separated on trains going to different regions of Siberia. Probably one of the most heart-wrenching visuals I've ever read. I'd be interested to see how that scene is filmed (if it was).

~ Shane

It's well worth noting that, according to Amazon.com, "This special two-DVD set includes over 45 minutes of deleted scenes never before released. Each scene is preceded by a title explaining why Ayn Rand wanted it removed."

Amazon currently lists this set at $35.99 (10% off list price), but says that it "usually ships within 1 to 2 months." Those timeframes do change, though there's no date given as to when it will again be "in stock," if ever.

I suspect that the set may be produced in small quantities, possibly even "on demand," rather than its distributor keeping much of an inventory. Amazon now sells some DVDs (and CDs) that are produced this way, as does Warner Home Video. Nothing says outright, though, that this is being done.

Edited by Greybird

I'm at the part where Irina and Sasha are separated on trains going to different regions of Siberia. Probably one of the most heart-wrenching visuals I've ever read. I'd be interested to see how that scene is filmed (if it was).

As I recall, Irina and Sasha are cut completely.