How Ayn Rand Didn't Get Frozen

Michael Stuart Kelly

Objectivist cyronics?

Efforts made for Ayn Rand's body to be frozen after death?

Dayaamm!

I was researching some things on the Internet and I came across this article from 1982. I found it to be highly amusing and a bit quirky in a way that always gets my attention. I hope you enjoy it.

:)

How Ayn Rand Didn't Get Frozen by Mike Darwin for the ALCOR Life Extension Foundation

Michael

• 4 months later...

Chris:

~ Just a thought, but regarding the idea that "Maybe man just can't live forever. Except it and enjoy life now [as in ONLY 'now']," I shall definitely...except it...from my thinking. I see the same argument of your 2nd sentence applying to other longevity-orientations, including medical advancements lessening average mortality rates.

~ You see, I DO accept that 1st sentence of yours; however, I also accept that "Maybe man just CAN live forever (barring lethal accidents or murders, of course.)"

~ To not try against, is to surrender to. I'm with Adam Reed on this.

LLAP

J:D

I can't imagine ever getting tired of living. I read that the human brain has the capacity for memories for 1,000 years before it would have to start forgetting things to make room for more.

If technology offered it, I'd jump at the chance for immortality in a New York second.

Judith