Glenn Beck seeks parents in NYC area

RightJungle

Announcing a new Meetup for The 9/12 Project!

What: * Glenn Beck Studio Audience - NYC *

When: September 24, 2009 4:30 PM

Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)

Glenn is looking for mothers with school age children from NYC to be part of the studio audience this Thursday, September 24 at 4:30 PM.

The show will focus on challenges mothers face when their children are encouraged by teachers and school administrators into accepting certain ideologies, discouraged from accepting other ones, politically labeled (thereby stopping further communications among their peers) and subject to public addresses by government officials.

If you live in NYC and are interested in attending the show, you can email 912moms@gmail.com and rsvp on the Greater NYC 9/12 Project: http://www.meetup.com/The-9-12-Project-of-NYC/calendar/11438579/

Learn more here:

http://www.meetup.com/WeSurroundThemGathering/calendar/11439341/

• 2 months later...

The Glenn Beck effort fell through the floor. I went to the ASAMOM sight to see what was happening, was vetted for access and rejected because of how I truthfully answered the vetting questions. The response to me was that "This is a FAITH BASED organization, we think you would be happier somewhere else" - and so I would. Good Grief.

Mary,

It's their right, I guess.

I admire Glenn Beck enormously. I think the good he is doing in this country is outstanding and he is like a breath of fresh air every time I see him.

Did his organization have anything to do with this vetting restriction, or was it ASAMOM?

At any rate, I just don't see you as a "Mommy Patriot" type.

There's a kind of coy ring to that description...

Michael

You are correct about that being their right ala Tara Smith's Moral Rights and Political Freedom. As she pointed out, if I am going to promote individual rights, I have to accept the fact that some individuals will do things of which I don't approve.

So, thank you. I stand corrected. Beck's involvement with the ASAMOM ladies was just to publicize them and a couple of other websites started by Mommy patriots. I don't see myself that way, but a friend gave me the assignment to join ASAMOM and monitor their progress. My friend thought they might become important in educating children. Rejected I was.

I, too, greatly admire the way Beck has awakened the sleeping giant. His work has been phenomenal. I am eager to see what his educational effort of 2010 is and I plan to be at the foot of the Lincoln Memorial in August.

He claims to be be an Ayn Rand fan and that is very helpful for her work getting known more widely. I know a number of people who read Atlas Shrugged on his recommendation alone. Still, I would just love to see the Objectivist principles being applied more consistently by the separate branches of this 912 Project movement. Speaking of which, I e-mailed Beck several times in the weeks following his big "We Surround Them" meeting in March. I was arguing with his sucker's choice of our rights being given to us by either God or the government. He accepted and liked my argument on his morning radio show, but by his afternoon T.V. show he was insisting that we have to have God for the freedom formula to work. Ah, well.

He seems to know Ayn Rand only through ARI. I am hoping to see him hold up a copy of Branden's The Vision of Ayn Rand: The Basic Principles of Objectivism the way he held up The 5000 Year Leap. Would do us all good. However, I suspect that the Mormon's will discourage that recommendation given the lesson about the non-existence of God in the book. Here lately, I've become concerned that Beck's efforts could start carrying us toward a Theocracy rather than a Constitutional Republic. Barbara Branden teaches us about the price paid when men try to hold contradictory ideas in their heads. It only works for me until someone like yourself brings the contradiction to my conscious awareness.

In the meantime, I watch Beck's show and listen frequently to his radio show and know that without his efforts, many of us would not be making all of the valuable connections that we need to make to fight back against this rush to the bottom.

Mary Lee

• 1 month later...

You are correct about that being their right ala Tara Smith's Moral Rights and Political Freedom. As she pointed out, if I am going to promote individual rights, I have to accept the fact that some individuals will do things of which I don't approve.

So, thank you. I stand corrected. Beck's involvement with the ASAMOM ladies was just to publicize them and a couple of other websites started by Mommy patriots. I don't see myself that way, but a friend gave me the assignment to join ASAMOM and monitor their progress. My friend thought they might become important in educating children. Rejected I was.

I, too, greatly admire the way Beck has awakened the sleeping giant. His work has been phenomenal. I am eager to see what his educational effort of 2010 is and I plan to be at the foot of the Lincoln Memorial in August.

He claims to be be an Ayn Rand fan and that is very helpful for her work getting known more widely. I know a number of people who read Atlas Shrugged on his recommendation alone. Still, I would just love to see the Objectivist principles being applied more consistently by the separate branches of this 912 Project movement. Speaking of which, I e-mailed Beck several times in the weeks following his big "We Surround Them" meeting in March. I was arguing with his sucker's choice of our rights being given to us by either God or the government. He accepted and liked my argument on his morning radio show, but by his afternoon T.V. show he was insisting that we have to have God for the freedom formula to work. Ah, well.

He seems to know Ayn Rand only through ARI. I am hoping to see him hold up a copy of Branden's The Vision of Ayn Rand: The Basic Principles of Objectivism the way he held up The 5000 Year Leap. Would do us all good. However, I suspect that the Mormon's will discourage that recommendation given the lesson about the non-existence of God in the book. Here lately, I've become concerned that Beck's efforts could start carrying us toward a Theocracy rather than a Constitutional Republic. Barbara Branden teaches us about the price paid when men try to hold contradictory ideas in their heads. It only works for me until someone like yourself brings the contradiction to my conscious awareness.

In the meantime, I watch Beck's show and listen frequently to his radio show and know that without his efforts, many of us would not be making all of the valuable connections that we need to make to fight back against this rush to the bottom.

Mary Lee

I realize that many Objectivists like Glenn Beck. If they want to align themselves with the right, they are not entirely incorrect in doing so. But why Glenn Beck? And why has he recently had a blackboard on every show? He talks to his audience as if they were children, and only he knows the fundamental behind every political event. His demeanor is alarmist. He airs his alcoholism as a badge of honor. I feel about him the way lots of people feel about Peikoff. What is the difference between Glenn Beck and Pat Robertson? They use the same "I am the messiah who will educate you." technique, yet only the former does it in the realm of politics, the other does it in the realm of religion. (And Robertson often reports, whereas Beck appears to be always preaching. Erase that blackboard.

• 4 weeks later...

Value Chaser,

Why Glenn Beck? Well, other than John Stossel’s new show on FOXB, Glenn is the only one I know of on cable or satellite T.V. who talks about, and somewhat like, Ayn Rand. He actually talks to Yaron Brook with a fairly decent level of respect. Did you catch Bill O’Reilly’s interview of Leonard Peikoff right after 911? Bill was really more rudely “Bill O’Reillyish” than usual with Peikoff. Rush Limbaugh occasionally throws us a crumb of recognition, but then quickly moves on to his “us against them” defense of conservatism.

Glenn helps gives us Ayn Rand fans a big dose of conviction that Objectivism will be able to get out there and get on with saving the day. Now, Stossel is doing an even better job with his interviews of Allison and Brook and others about the application of Objectivist ideas to the government’s rush to totalitarianism.

For those 912ers and Tea Partiers who had never heard of Ayn Rand before, it is a new approach to politics that they can use to understand the world as they are beginning to see it and as Glenn details it with his photography and black board. I do not have any problem with the black board because it does carry an ambience of the class room. And watching Glenn is very like entering a class room. Seriously, I don’t think any of us feels talked down to at all. We’re just glad to be able to watch someone who is glib, cool and on our side most of the time.

In a world rendered stupid by John Dewey’s “My Pedagogic Creed” approach to education, we’ve needed all the history we can get to help us understand where we are today. Glenn has practiced his entertainment style for a long time and most Beck fans seem taken with his “question with boldness” and “re-founding of America” approach to the discussion of political philosophy, not to mention his totally delightful dumb guy character.

I know for a fact that the only way we are going to get back the Republic that Ben Franklin suggested that we learn to keep, is through the application of Objectivism – especially to Ethics and Politics.

I know that Objectivism is not a quick study and that Beck does not teach the philosophy with the consistency with which he reveals the evils of Progressivism. But Stossel might make up for that.

I do have one complaint about the way Fox is covering the political news and it is this: they seem to be pulling back from any kind of a real stand on the war on terror. Glenn doesn’t do shows where he reveals the evils of the Islamic stealth Jihad. There are no calls for action against Iran and no calls that we have Israel’s back as we once did. The silence on this subject is worrisome.

Mary Lee

Mary Lee:

Well put. The more straight line "Republican" Conservatives like Mark Levin, Laura Ingram and Rush are also important "gate keepers", but are libertarian light with an occasional dash of Randian ideas.

Now Glenn Beck is phenomenal as you stated. Plus he is multi-faceted in that he has the TV show, radio and his tours and books. Dennis Miller has been on a complete tear for months quoting and reading from Atlas. I listen to him also on the internet while I work. However, he does not have the scope of Glenn.

Additionally, Stossel is a solid advocate, who has earned main stream acceptance with his exposes.

I know for a fact that the only way we are going to get back the Republic that Ben Franklin suggested that we learn to keep, is through the application of Objectivism – especially to Ethics and Politics.

Great statement.

Bravo.

Adam

Edited by Selene