If this weren't so tragic it might be funny:

galtgulch

I am offended at the racism of your link "That's why god gave them camels". This isn't what objectivism stands for to me, you don't blame a whole culture for what a small representative group of that culture does, it just isn't rational.

Insha'alla (It was as Allah willed).

Ba'a lChatzaf

Since followers of Islam believe everything is what God wills this sounds like they should blame God. The scene near the end of Atlas where Cuffy Meigs is trying to operate Project X and destroys a third of the US is vivid reminder of what happens when modern machinery is combined with people who have abandoned their minds. I don't think the above is racist.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Folks:

Muslims come from varied races - the term racism is overly used in general.

In this case it is improperly used.

Adam

"Racism claims that the content of a man's mind...is inherited; that a man's convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman's version of the doctrine of innate ideas--or of inherited knowledge--which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." Ayn Rand

I would say that claiming 'that's why god gave them camels' fits into this statement very well.

"Racism claims that the content of a man's mind...is inherited; that a man's convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman's version of the doctrine of innate ideas--or of inherited knowledge--which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." Ayn Rand

I would say that claiming 'that's why god gave them camels' fits into this statement very well.

Yes, it does fit beautifully...

after you apply the jaws of life to pry open the argument and remove all satire and BLACK humor.

And of course, we have not noticed any genetic evidence that might allow an objective profile of races...correct?

Finally, you would have an argument, albeit, a humorless argument, if the flight team were all black and you made another asininely racially based statement. It is a bigoted statement if it was not humor.

There we would agree.

Adam