Looks like I got hacked out of existence!

MBM

Hello --

After being a fly on the wall for several months, I had posted a greeting here somewhere around

July 18. For any who might remember, I'm the guy that first heard the name "Ayn Rand" in a Mad

Magazine cartoon (about Playboy Magazine!) in the mid-1960s.

Well, that greeting, and the few replies to it, are gone, casualties I presume of the hack-job and

inadequate backup. So, hello again. I don't have time now to try to recreate the full original post, just

this short message.

I am hoping to find time and inspiration to participate more (well, I couldn't possibly participate less)

in discussions here. Also, living in the Los Angeles area, I'll this weekend be checking out a local

Objectivist salon (LAON). Maybe some other people on this list will be there?

MBM

My wife Becky and I will be there. I'm speaking (briefly) on the objectivity of direct awareness and the reality of perceptual and introspective contents, and how scientific discoveries do not change any of that.

Looking forward to meeting you!

REB

MBM,

Looks like you are the No. 1 prizewinner in the all new cheap thrill...

HACKED!

Your very existence turned an axiomatic concept on its head - "MBM is non-MBM" - and that can get serious...

:)

btw - Can you remember any of the stuff you wrote about Mad Magazine's lampoon of Rand's Playboy interview?

Glad to see you made it back. It's good to have you here.

Michael

Hi MBM, Glad you found your way back. Unfortunately, I cannot make it to the meeting in LA this weekend. It's a bit of a hike for me. I'm sure you will be in good company though. Have a great time!

Kat

Your very existence turned an axiomatic concept on its head - "MBM is non-MBM" -

and that can get serious...

Well, I've always regarded myself as the personification of the excluded middle.... <_<

btw - Can you remember any of the stuff you wrote about Mad Magazine's lampoon of Rand's Playboy interview?

My memory of the cartoon is that Hugh Hefner and his editorial staff were having a meeting

about introducing more intellectual material into Playboy....The final panel of the cartoon

contained this text (from the web page linked below):

It’s all great, Hef! Except…do you really think our readers will dig a

nude fold-out of Ayn Rand?” —“Hefner and His Pals,” a comic strip in Mad

magazine (1967)

http://www.reason.com/0503/fe.rand.shtml

MBM