Inglourious Basterds

Inglorious Basterds is a visual romp through a totally ficticious version of WW2. It is about a terror squad lead by a half breed indian (Brad Pitt) from the Ozarks and a team of Jewish soldiers who are dropped into France to commit horrible attrocities on Nazis including scalping and dismemberment. On each raid one of the Nazis is spared to spread the terror, but Brad Pitts carves a swistika into the forehead so that the live soldier will be unable to hide his Nazi past.

It was a hoot and a half. Quentin Tarrinto does his bloody grand guignol slaughters (much blood) and he even manages to get female foot fetish in three times. I had a wonderful time. It had everything I love in an action move: revenge, blood, violence and funny lines.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Inglorious Basterds is a visual romp through a totally ficticious version of WW2. It is about a terror squad lead by a half breed indian (Brad Pitt) from the Ozarks and a team of Jewish soldiers who are dropped into France to commit horrible attrocities on Nazis including scalping and dismemberment. On each raid one of the Nazis is spared to spread the terror, but Brad Pitts carves a swistika into the forehead so that the live soldier will be unable to hide his Nazi past.

It was a hoot and a half. Quentin Tarrinto does his bloody grand guignol slaughters (much blood) and he even manages to get female foot fetish in three times. I had a wonderful time. It had everything I love in an action move: revenge, blood, violence and funny lines.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I am not a fan of his, but I might give it a shot now.

Thanks.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

This film is as much of an action film as it is a World War II film, which is barely at all. As described by Tarantino himself, it's more of a Spaghetti Western with World War II Iconography.

I'm a rather large fan of Tarantino and this movie likely ranks third overall in his film pantheon. The film is labeled by some as a Jewish Revenge Fantasy, however it's interesting to note that the film contains no real demonization of the Nazis, nor does it really justify the actions of the Anti Heroes who crowd the screen.

In general the film has some of Tarantino's best dialogue to date, and nearly all of the best lines are delivered by Christoph Waltz. His performance is legendary as the villain Colonel Hans Landa, who is a multi lingual SS Officer who's duty is to use his extraordinary skills of deduction to round up the remaining Jews in France who are hiding or being sheltered. Much like Heath Ledger's performance of the Joker in 2008's The Dark Knight, Christoph steals the show as Hans Landa and his performance is great enough to warrant at least one viewing of the film.

Gentlemen:

I just realized that I have seen three of his films.

Kill Bill I and Kill Bill II which I definitely enjoyed a lot.

Also, Pulp Fiction which is in my top 200 movie list.

I will see Inglorious - I like the premise.

Adam

I'm looking forward to seeing this one. I love Quentin's movies. Aside from Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill series, I also loved Four Rooms.

~ Shane