Three technical questions

1. When I check OL on my cellphone, there is no button to view new content. As you can imagine, this makes cell-browsing quite difficult in keeping up to speed.

2. I just found my post to "articles" requires moderator approval. Is this a new feature that will always be in place for all topic areas?

3. What happened to the auto spell-checker? Sometimes I have silly problems spelling geusioleptic, ozostomia, and focks.... or is it fox?

1. When I check OL on my cellphone, there is no button to view new content. As you can imagine, this makes cell-browsing quite difficult in keeping up to speed.

2. I just found my post to "articles" requires moderator approval. Is this a new feature that will always be in place for all topic areas?

3. What happened to the auto spell-checker? Sometimes I have silly problems spelling geusioleptic, ozostomia, and focks.... or is it fox?

1. Dont know

2. Articles only, I believe. Old stuff

3. Never was one. There's a spell checker off the Google tool bar

--Brant

Christopher,

I don't know about the cellphone resources. I will ask to see if there is any setting you need to make.

As to the Articles forum, I am going to remove it from feeding the Portal. Once I do, I will remove the need for reviewing all new articles. When Kat and I first set the feed and Portal page up, we had to set this restriction because all new topics immediately appeared on the front page.

I want to put up something more concise and attractive as a greeting to OL and a few keyword-bait entries to aid in attracting organic traffic (which is traffic coming from the search engines).

As to the articles, I am thinking of making an Objectivist-libertarian leaning article directory down the line. There is excellent software for doing this. Even some of the posts on OL really should be articles in their own right.

On the spell-checker, you might want to enable the rich text editor in your account settings. That might help Google's spell-checker kick in.

Michael