Teddy Roosevelt once said and is often quoted.

My favorite quote by Theodore Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

www.campaignforliberty.com 26Jul 187,752, 187,820, 187,856; 27 Jul 187,901; 30 Jul 189,955

HR 1207 Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 Congressional cosponsors 276 Senatorial cosponsors 19 (S.604)

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch:

Well said.

TR is dropping in on my radar screen of favorite American figures as I am discovering how "statist" he actually wanted the nation to be through his brand of "progressive" government.

Glenn Beck made an astute comparison between the choice of two progressives being offered in 1912 and 2008 which I think bears analysis.

Adam

TR was more interesting than the evil Wilson and his second cousin FDR. He was still pretty bad. He wanted to go to war with the Canadians among others.

Chris:

I am, frankly, surprised at how power centralized his brand of progressivism. Additionally, I am surprised at the depth of his immensely anti-libertarian, anti-freedom and anti- capitalist concepts.

Guess I never really looked into Teddy's platform in 1912 because of what a freaking totalitarian dictator Wilson was.

Unfortunately, the more I find out the lower he sinks in my political grading.

However, I liked Beck's comparison to the 1912 election and the 2008 election. McCain is quite close in type to Teddy. o'biwan "the incredible shrinking President" is looking a lot like the scumbag Wilson, and he adds a nice touch of opposite racist bigotry that Wilson's eugenics had.

I guess this is all part of Reverend Wrights reparations lectures that the racist in the White House did remember.

Adam