Studio deKadent News!

studiodekadent

StudiodeKadent (the music project) has been proceeding quite well.

I have fully remastered "Medicine" (which was me producing/percussion/programming a friend's song), "Blasphemy Symphony" and have both remastered AND reconstructed "Parasitic-Misanthropic." Finding the "trick" to brutal, speaker-shredding long snare drums took time, but damn its worked well!

"Neurocide" is in the process of being both reconstructed and remastered.

Additionally, a new, unnamed song has been written (melody-wise) and its bassline has been programmed.

www.myspace.com/studiodekadent (for Parasitic-Misanthropic, Blasphemy Symphony and Medicine)

• 2 months later...

MORE NEWS!

"Neurocide" has recently been remastered and reconstructed. It's not as wide or loud as I'd like, but I'll keep my experience with mastering that track in mind for the future.

This one's lighter than "Parasitic-Misanthropic." It is more in the futurepop line of things for the most part. Take a listen. It contains the best bassline I ever wrote.

"Neurocide" has recently been remastered and reconstructed. It's not as wide or loud as I'd like, but I'll keep my experience with mastering that track in mind for the future.

UPDATE: I have remastered the remaster of "Neurocide." It now sounds wider, louder and the bass is heavier. Please visit my myspace and listen!

UPDATE: I have remastered the remaster of "Neurocide." It now sounds wider, louder and the bass is heavier. Please visit my myspace and listen!

studiokadent:

Good piece. I almost got impatient with the first 30 seconds being so machine like repetitious before the first new sound came in, so my immediate constructive criticism is can you shorten the first 30 seconds and engage the hearing quicker without sacrificing your intent?

Nice work.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Good piece. I almost got impatient with the first 30 seconds being so machine like repetitious before the first new sound came in, so my immediate constructive criticism is can you shorten the first 30 seconds and engage the hearing quicker without sacrificing your intent?

Nice work.

Adam

Adam,

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed the piece. I understand your impatience at the intro... my genre usually has long songs in the 4 to 7 minute range (5 to 6 usually), so I am very used to long introductions. I can understand why someone that isn't particularly familiar with the genre would find the intros long and unnecessary. I could possibly add a movie sample at the start but I'm pretty happy with where the song is at the moment so I'll be moving on to a new one (which I've already made significant progress on).

Sorry for the slow reply, but yes, thank you for your comments!

-Andrew