Jewish Joke of the Day

One day a man in a small town goes to visit his local Rabbi. The Rabbi asks, "how can I help you today?" The man replies "Rabbi, it's horrible. My son just recently came home after graduating college. Now, I raised him in the good Jewish faith. Taught him well, ensured he had much spiritual guidance. Yet, during college I find he has become a Christian!"

The Rabbi rubs his chin and considers these words silently for a bit. He then says, "Well that's funny, because I too once had a son. I taught him well the Jewish ways, he was raised close to the faith. And while he was at college he too became a Christian!" Both men sat there in silence for a bit. Then the Rabbi states, "I know what must be done. Tonight I will pray deeply to God and ask for his wisdom in the matter."

So that night the Rabbi sits in prayer for several hours, waiting for God to answer. "Please God, can you hear me?" the Rabbi asks. To his surprise, an ethereal voice booms "YES?" The Rabbi exclaims hopelessly, "God, both I and another man from the town raised our sons in the good Jewish ways. Then we sent our sons off into the world. After years of being out there, they came home and both are now Christian!" The Rabbi's words echo off the walls of the room, slowly fading until there is only silence. The Rabbi waits then, and continues to wait. After several minutes, the ethereal voice booms out again with a hint of confusion, "Well That's funny, because I too once had a son..."

One day a man in a small town goes to visit his local Rabbi. The Rabbi asks, "how can I help you today?" The man replies "Rabbi, it's horrible. My son just recently came home after graduating college. Now, I raised him in the good Jewish faith. Taught him well, ensured he had much spiritual guidance. Yet, during college I find he has become a Christian!"

The Rabbi rubs his chin and considers these words silently for a bit. He then says, "Well that's funny, because I too once had a son. I taught him well the Jewish ways, he was raised close to the faith. And while he was at college he too became a Christian!" Both men sat there in silence for a bit. Then the Rabbi states, "I know what must be done. Tonight I will pray deeply to God and ask for his wisdom in the matter."

So that night the Rabbi sits in prayer for several hours, waiting for God to answer. "Please God, can you hear me?" the Rabbi asks. To his surprise, an ethereal voice booms "YES?" The Rabbi exclaims hopelessly, "God, both I and another man from the town raised our sons in the good Jewish ways. Then we sent our sons off into the world. After years of being out there, they came home and both are now Christian!" The Rabbi's words echo off the walls of the room, slowly fading until there is only silence. The Rabbi waits then, and continues to wait. After several minutes, the ethereal voice booms out again with a hint of confusion, "Well That's funny, because I too once had a son..."

I first heard this Easter, 35 years ago. And every Easter since....