Rand getting a name check in an old Barney Miller episode

I just watched an old Barney Miller episode this weekend. This is the one in which an architect blows up a building because of changes made to it, contrary to his plans. The architect referred to "Cortlandt" which tipped off Dietrich about what was going on . . . and Dietrich refers to Ayn Rand then.

I find it telling that the writers (and actors) made the architect more than a little crazed. Apparently that worked for them, and Rand's treatment of Roark didn't. Of course, the latter wouldn't have been "funny."

Bill P

I just watched an old Barney Miller episode this weekend. This is the one in which an architect blows up a building because of changes made to it, contrary to his plans. The architect referred to "Cortlandt" which tipped off Dietrich about what was going on . . . and Dietrich refers to Ayn Rand then.

I find it telling that the writers (and actors) made the architect more than a little crazed. Apparently that worked for them, and Rand's treatment of Roark didn't. Of course, the latter wouldn't have been "funny."

Bill P

Barney Miller episodes are available for free at Hulu.com here. Do you know the name or number of the episode?

Bill P

Barney Miller episodes are available for free at Hulu.com here. Do you know the name or number of the episode?

Season 6, Episode 20. Title is "The Architect."

Bill P

Bill P

Bill P

Shame, they only have seasons 1-4 available now, but will probably make the rest available in time

Bill P

Bill P

Shame, they only have seasons 1-4 available now, but will probably make the rest available in time

Unfortunately, Hulu does not work here (I think it only works in the USA).

Regards,

Bill P