Susan Boyle sings I dreamed a dream from Les Miserables

galtgulch

I can be a bit of a cold hearted cynic, but I actually got teary eyed watching her sing.

And it was such a beautiful song - the lyrics are wonderful.

She had a lot of courage to sing on that show. I thought she was pretty damn heroic.

I always cheer for the seeming underdog. It happens right when the judges give "that" look. And then they're blown out of their seats by an unexpected bombshell of a performance. I get chills, and I'm thoroughly thrilled for individuals like Susan.

I can't wait to see what other diamonds in the rough emerge because of courage like hers and Paul Potts.

~ Shane

It was a wonderful moment.

Sherry; Les Miserables has some wonderful cast recordings. That is what the song Susan sang is from. You might check Amazon. The musical is well worth seeing. I maybe sticking my neck out but I think Ayn Rand would have like La Miz.

We all go to the movies and see all the beautiful people. Stunning men get the gorgeous women. Hardly anyone has a weight problem in a world of perfectly sculpted bodies. Even death is somehow glamorous. These images get injected into our minds hour after hour, day after day.

Then we look in the mirror in the morning after we get up, day after day.

The movies reflect how people could and should be, but what looks back from that mirror certainly does not.

With Susan Boyle, we saw that morning reflection feeling stand up on stage for all the world to see. Everyone groaned because they knew, they just knew, that their mirror image, that someone who looked like Susan Boyle, could not ever have a reality as people could and should be, much less present it in public. The best she could do is the best anyone can do, which is get by. Have moments, but not be very remarkable.

Then Ms. Boyle opened her mouth and released a gush of inner raw beauty that only a privileged few of the lovely screen people ever attain. She sang her heart out. She sang magnificently. She sang as no stranger to beauty, as one who carries it within her every second of her life. And it reminded us that this is what we really try to do with our lives. Every single day. Day after day until we die. This is what our lives mean.

It was wonderful to see that reflected by the mirror of Susan Boyle.

Michael

Michael:

:-bd this should be thumbs up

That was beautifully written. Thank you.

=D> this is supposed to be clapping http://messenger.yahoo.com/features/emoticons/ These are the Yahoo "emoticons" I do not know if you can add them.

sbeaulieu:

Thank you. Don't "main line" "regular "tv" anymore. Did not even know about him! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxOytYLlhiQ his "Boyle" performance and his website http://www.paulpottsofficial.com/us/

Thanks.

Adam