1 book a week for 2009! Anyone interested?

SherryTX

A home school forum that I read and post to occasionally has several parents that are trying to read at least 1 book a week for 2009.

I thought that would be interesting here - especially since people that post here read a very eclectic group of books.

Is anyone interested in this? I guess we could post what book we read each week with a mini review. Of course, we are already well into 2009, so we could just start from this week moving forward, or people could list all the books up to this point and move on from there.

Here is what I have read this year so far for 2009, that are most recent that I can remember off the top of my head:

1. The Well Trained Mind by Susan Bauer (a book on classical home schooling) - excellent resource for anyone thinking of home schooling

2. Danny, Champion of The World, by Roald Dahl - liked the book, but not so much the message

3. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark -suspense - I do love me some good light reading in between all the deep Objectivism books haha; she always pleases

4. Judgment Day: My Years with Ayn Rand by Nathaniel Branden - I don't think I need to describe it here haha

Okay, I have read more than the above, but have to go through my stack of books I haven't bothered to put away that are on my bedroom dresser to remember them all.

I am almost finished with Six Pillars of Self Esteem (one more chapter to go!), more than halfway through Objectivism In One Lesson by Andrew Bernstein..there are a few others, but I am setting them to the side so I can finish these two above, hopefully this week, so I can justify taking The Passion of Ayn Rand out at the library as soon as it is available. I am also just counting books I started in 2009. Alas, I have a really bad habit of reading a book half way or more through and then needing a break. Case in point: Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan, Voltaire, the Exile Years, and Capitalist Manifesto.

What books have you read this year that you would list?

Edited to write "self" instead of "sex" in the title of Six Pillars of Self Esteem. I shouldn't try to type so late.

Edited by SherryTX

• 6 months later...

What a lovely idea! I can't say I have read many books this year due to job searching and several moves, but I am almost finished reading:

The psychology of romance by Nathaniel Branden

With your one book per week challenge in mind, I should finish it in a few days at most and get cracking on some more! I tend to severely damage books as I read them, so I prefer to own my own copies, so I guess I better start ordering. I might read something lighthearted or trashy next though to switch it up a little...