The Newspaper Revitalization Act

Selene

Folks:

Perhaps it is time to plan after all.

"The Newspaper Revitalization Act would allow newspapers to operate as non-profits, if they choose, under 501©(3) status for educational purposes, similar to public broadcasting. Under this arrangement, newspapers would not be allowed to make political endorsements, but would be allowed to freely report on all issues, including political campaigns. Advertising and subscription revenue would be tax exempt and contributions to support coverage or operations could be tax deductible."

Let's see, this little charmer effects confiscatory taxation, free speech, the re-definition of the "fourth estate" and is absurd on its face. Newspapers would not be allowed to make political endorsements?

Couple this type of move with the "fairness doctrine" being repackaged as "diversity".

Finally, there is an incredible case coming out of where "Hillary Clinton had her silver screen moment in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, when the Justices heard a case that could determine the reach of campaign finance laws to control political advertising. The tone of the oral argument also hinted that five Justices on the Court may be increasingly leery of campaign-finance limits."

"In Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, a federal district court agreed with the FEC that the ban on electioneering communications should just as reasonably apply to a 90-minute movie as to a two-minute advertisement. Writ large, that's scary news. According to Deputy Solicitor General Malcolm Stewart, who argued the case, the government could theoretically regulate other forms of pre-election corporate speech as well, including books and the Internet."

Remember, luck comes to the well prepared as Vince Lombardi noted.

Adam

Folks:

Perhaps it is time to plan after all.

"The Newspaper Revitalization Act would allow newspapers to operate as non-profits, if they choose, under 501©(3) status for educational purposes, similar to public broadcasting. Under this arrangement, newspapers would not be allowed to make political endorsements, but would be allowed to freely report on all issues, including political campaigns. Advertising and subscription revenue would be tax exempt and contributions to support coverage or operations could be tax deductible."

Let's see, this little charmer effects confiscatory taxation, free speech, the re-definition of the "fourth estate" and is absurd on its face. Newspapers would not be allowed to make political endorsements?

Couple this type of move with the "fairness doctrine" being repackaged as "diversity".

Finally, there is an incredible case coming out of where "Hillary Clinton had her silver screen moment in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, when the Justices heard a case that could determine the reach of campaign finance laws to control political advertising. The tone of the oral argument also hinted that five Justices on the Court may be increasingly leery of campaign-finance limits."

"In Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, a federal district court agreed with the FEC that the ban on electioneering communications should just as reasonably apply to a 90-minute movie as to a two-minute advertisement. Writ large, that's scary news. According to Deputy Solicitor General Malcolm Stewart, who argued the case, the government could theoretically regulate other forms of pre-election corporate speech as well, including books and the Internet."

Remember, luck comes to the well prepared as Vince Lombardi noted.

Adam

Adam,

The cartoonish image which comes to mind has a boa constrictor labeled unconstitutional government encircling a free man struggling to live his or her own life and exercise his or her rights to freedom of speech and the use and disposal of his or her own productive effort.

Whatever their differences in belief it may be true that those who are joining the Campaign For Liberty do share a commitment to individual freedom in most areas. Question is will there be enough time for the C4L to grow to the point where they can secure elective office and set us all free from the growing oppression.

26 Mar 6PM 129328, 8PM 129528; 27 Mar 5AM 129784

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch:

This is the testimony of the marxist Tiny Tim Geithner, I guess size does not matter, the radical bottom line is that they can seize any business they wish to.

http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/tg71.htm

Even making every positive assumption on the full growth or C4L and other groups, YAL, Liberty on the Rocks [which I have gotten involved in and will be holding several throughout this area of NJ and the downstate NY area], the Libertarians Party that I value, Beck's 912ers and the tea party folks and assuming that we can coordinate all the disparate groups to work towards that goal....

we may have already run out of time.

Adam

Gulch:

This is the testimony of the marxist Tiny Tim Geithner, I guess size does not matter, the radical bottom line is that they can seize any business they wish to.

Even making every positive assumption on the full growth or C4L and other groups, YAL, Liberty on the Rocks [which I have gotten involved in and will be holding several throughout this area of NJ and the downstate NY area], the Libertarians Party that I value, Beck's 912ers and the tea party folks and assuming that we can coordinate all the disparate groups to work towards that goal....

Adam

Adam,

No way have we run out of time. The government created crisis is being taken advantage of by the Obama administration to empower itself as you point out. But we are still a long way from losing our freedom of speech or assembly. So far they have gotten away with their shenanigans on the premise that they have to do what they are doing to solve the economic crisis. So far it is not evident to most of the population that the country is becoming a fascist dictatorship.

I suspect that it will take some more time and some egregious acts on the part of the govt before a large number will appreciate what is happening. Remember that Hitler was elected in 1932 but I don't expect Obama to take over the Congress and Senate by force.

There are so many mechanisms in effect, the income tax, compulsory education, welfare, the alphabet agencies which regulate industries, the occupational licensing of professionals.

Obama has two children growing up here. I don't think he wants to ruin the country altogether. If he were to lose the election in three plus years I expect he will move out and enjoy the perks of an ex president.

We have a long way to go. Obama and his nonsense will cause so much pain and hurt that it will only help us recruit more people to the various organizations you mention.

www.campaignforliberty.com 26 Mar 9 PM 129545; 27 Mar 5AM 129784

It will take time but we are on our way with over 125 campuses involved. How long it will take to reach one million is debatable. Adding two thousand on some days and the rate of increase is going up too. At some point the movement becomes unavoidable in the media, if there are any newspapers left. These folks are reading Rand and Mises and some will become candidates for Congress perhaps in every district in the country!

That will change the dialog in the country. The numbers will keep going up and up. Not that there is plenty of time I agree. That is why I frantically keep doing what ever I do to pass the torch here and elsewhere.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch:

Adam

Adam,

No way have we run out of time. The government created crisis is being taken advantage of by the Obama administration to empower itself as you point out. But we are still a long way from losing our freedom of speech or assembly. So far they have gotten away with their shenanigans on the premise that they have to do what they are doing to solve the economic crisis. So far it is not evident to most of the population that the country is becoming a fascist dictatorship.

I suspect that it will take some more time and some egregious acts on the part of the govt before a large number will appreciate what is happening. Remember that Hitler was elected in 1932 but I don't expect Obama to take over the Congress and Senate by force.

There are so many mechanisms in effect, the income tax, compulsory education, welfare, the alphabet agencies which regulate industries, the occupational licensing of professionals.

Obama has two children growing up here. I don't think he wants to ruin the country altogether. If he were to lose the election in three plus years I expect he will move out and enjoy the perks of an ex president.

We have a long way to go. Obama and his nonsense will cause so much pain and hurt that it will only help us recruit more people to the various organizations you mention.

www.campaignforliberty.com 26 Mar 9 PM 129545

It will take time but we are on our way with over 125 campuses involved. How long it will take to reach one million is debatable. Adding two thousand on some days and the rate of increase is going up too. At some point the movement becomes unavoidable in the media, if there are any newspapers left. These folks are reading Rand and Mises and some will become candidates for Congress perhaps in every district in the country!

That will change the dialog in the country. The numbers will keep going up and up. Not that there is plenty of time I agree. That is why I frantically keep doing what ever I do to pass the torch here and elsewhere.

gulch

Rand would agree about there still being time, I believe. She said more than once that as long as freedom of speech remained there would be hope.

Regards,

Bill P