Michelle Bachmann questions Bernanke & Geitner on Constitution

galtgulch

Bachmann is from Minnesota and sits on Banking Committee with Ron Paul I believe. Here she does ask Geitner to explain just where in the Constitution he finds the authority to do what he has been. Geitner appears to have no grasp that the Constitution has anything to do with anything. He keeps referring to Congress and the Laws of the Land.

I think she will pay a steep price in her re election campaign as her challenger appears to have gotten a flood of new money after she also questioned whether Obama may be against America.

Here is the link to the Michelle Bachmann grilling in which she asks them where in the Constitution they find the authority to do what they have been doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTpBhLE11s

Unfortunately she lets them both off the hook, Bernanke easily responds to her mention of an amount of money, ten trillion dollars, at the end of her question to him to tell her what provision in the Constitution he is basing Fed actions.

Notice how Barney Frank exhibits his failure to distinguish between a man and a woman, perhaps a personal problem he may have, by referring to Michelle Bachmann as the gentleman from Minnesota.

So here we have the same video from another source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DgMG-_6Ls

As a matter of fact my own reading of the Constitution reveals that there is no provision in the Constitution for there to even be a Federal Reserve System, nor a central bank. There is no provision in the Constitution for the Congress to provide "liquidity" to banks.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/#14139

www.campaignforliberty.com 25 Mar 1:30AM 127919, 6AM 127976, 6PM 128407

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

This is the problem with Geitner and friends. These guys don't really understand the premises of the US government. Most people, including people I highly respect in my personal life, assume that the US government is founded on a democracy, and it is through democracy that the government is morally just.

Democracy is not the pillar that defines the US government. Democracy is not an end in itself, nor is democracy necessarily virtuous. I'm happy that Rand also saw this and labeled democracy as "mob rule." Unfortunately, to Geitner and friends, there are no moral or ethical limits of the action of that democracy. If democracy allows it, it must be moral.

I imagine if these guys had been military scientists, they'd probably be testing radiation on living humans to see whether soldiers could grow a third arm. These [add derisive curse here]'s.

Christopher

Christopher; Calling the US a democracy drives me crazy. It was founded as a constitutional republic. What it is moving to or has become is still in doubt.

I hope Congresswoman Bachmann will not have any problems getting reelected.

Christopher; Calling the US a democracy drives me crazy. It was founded as a constitutional republic. What it is moving to or has become is still in doubt.

I hope Congresswoman Bachmann will not have any problems getting reelected.

Chris,

At the tail end of Article 1 Section 8 there is a clause referred to as the "necessary and proper" clause widely interpreted in leftist ranks to mean that the Congress may simply pass any legislation at all which it wishes.

Actually it is meant to only apply to the aforementioned powers carefully enumerated above it, those seventeen short statements empowering the Congress to do just but so much and no more.

Geitner kept being redirected to the Constitution by Congresswoman Bachmann but appeared to be like a deer in the headlights as he grasped for answers which all had to do with Congressional approvals and directives and laws rather than the Constitution itself.

Bachmann might have educated him by lecturing him that it is in Article 1 Section 8 and in it alone that powers were granted to the Congress. Alas she let him completely off the hook!

www.campaignforliberty.com 25Mar 6AM 127978, 6PM 128387

I can assure you that every one of the 128387 members of the C4L are aware of that Article 1 Section 8 and 9 and 10 and of the limit intended by the Founders to the necessary and proper phrase. And then we see to it that our neighbors know it to. In time virtually everyone will know and then we shall stop the insanity.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Gulch; Geitner always look like a deer in the headlights.

I thought he was Eugene Lawson but I'm beginning to think Eugene Lawson had more dignity.

Chris,

I wish Ms Bachmann had not mentioned the ten trillion dollars at the end of her question to Bernanke in which she asked him to state just what provision in the Constitution he finds authorization for the Feds actions, not to mention its very existence. By mentioning the money he was able to completely evade any response to the question.

Notice how the numbers of "members" of the campaign for liberty keep creeping up. No question that in time there will be hundreds of thousands of "them" and then "millions" and ultimately "tens of millions."

That is my reason for being hopeful that this statist insanity will come to an ignominious end to be replaced by the rational alternative the Founders had in mind as a Constitutional Republic.

No guarantee it will happen as I don't expect the bad guys to give up their power without a fight, book burnings of Atlas and Human Action and the like, incarceration by those of us who speak out critically which will be labeled "sedition," and brainwashing re education camps, concentrated no doubt to enlighten those of us who have been misguided by the rantings of Russian Communist immigrants and Austrian Nazis and other enemies of the State or will it become a Ron Paulian Theocracy with burnings of pro choice heretics at the stake. (Appealing after a long winter!)

www.campaignforliberty.com 25Mar 6PM 128416, 8PM 128495, 11PM 128653; 26Mar 5PM 129316; 28Mar 130666

gulch

Edited by galtgulch

Bachmann is from Minnesota and sits on Banking Committee with Ron Paul I believe. Here she does ask Geitner to explain just where in the Constitution he finds the authority to do what he has been. Geitner appears to have no grasp that the Constitution has anything to do with anything. He keeps referring to Congress and the Laws of the Land.

I think she will pay a steep price in her re election campaign as her challenger appears to have gotten a flood of new money after she also questioned whether Obama may be against America.

Here is the link to the Michelle Bachmann grilling in which she asks them where in the Constitution they find the authority to do what they have been doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTpBhLE11s

Unfortunately she lets them both off the hook, Bernanke easily responds to her mention of an amount of money, ten trillion dollars, at the end of her question to him to tell her what provision in the Constitution he is basing Fed actions.

Notice how Barney Frank exhibits his failure to distinguish between a man and a woman, perhaps a personal problem he may have, by referring to Michelle Bachmann as the gentleman from Minnesota.

So here we have the same video from another source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DgMG-_6Ls

As a matter of fact my own reading of the Constitution reveals that there is no provision in the Constitution for there to even be a Federal Reserve System, nor a central bank. There is no provision in the Constitution for the Congress to provide "liquidity" to banks.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/#14139

www.campaignforliberty.com 25 Mar 1:30AM 127919, 6AM 127976, 6PM 128407; 28 Mar 10PM 130729

gulch

Judge Napolitano mentions Michelle Bachmann's questioning of the Secretary of the Treasury in this video. He may be a bit too religious for my taste but it is worth enduring his profession of his belief in an all knowing, all powerful male deity to hear his comments on what our government has come to be...

My loathing for Barney Frank was enhanced by his egregious behavior in interrupting Ms. Bachmann just when he did.

gulch

Edited by galtgulch