War of 1812 fought over national bank!

galtgulch

<<<"The U.S. Bank was chartered by Congress in the year 1791, its charter was to last for 20 years, and expire in 1811. George Washington signed the bill establishing the Bank after listening to the advice of his secretary of the treasury, Alexander Hamilton. Thomas Jefferson opposed the creation of the bank as unconstitutional. He said:

" A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army" ">>>

We know that Andrew Jackson succeeded in abolishing the Second National Bank and despised the bankers. Isn't it about time we abolish the Federal Reserve Bank which has reduced the purchasing power of the dollar since its creation in 1913.

A book which recounts the establishment of the Federal Reserve is available at www.mises.org

Griffin, G. Edward, The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve, American Media, P.O. Box 4646, Westlake Village, California, 1998.

Here is a link to the source of the quotes given above:

http://www.reformation.org/usbank.html

www.campaignforliberty.com 102069

Michael why is there no forum devoted to Economics and none to History?

gulch

Galt; The title of your post isn't explained. There's nothing about the War of 1812. BTW I too think it was an unnecessary war but this post doesn't.

Michael; I think a section on history would be a good idea.

Interesting, I was just reading last night about how the Jews (moneylenders) were expelled from England in the 1300's. The Church and King told the public it was because it was a sin to charge interest (and of course the Jews were infidels) then they brought in Italian moneylenders sanctioned by the Pope and they charged "a fee" for lending money (and of course they were of the proper religion). Throughout history government and religion have worked together to keep the masses poor while they got rich.

Galt,

I highly suggest you look at this thread and all the links therein:

Money and Politics - The Money Masters

It deals with the issues you are just now presenting, including Griffin.

(btw - Jackson did all right about shutting the bank down, but don't ask an American Indian what he thinks of Jackson. Many won't even use 20 dollar bills. The Trail of Tears was as black a mark on American history as any.)

I have been thinking of opening separate forums for economics and history for quite a while. I might later when I get some time as I would want to migrate pertinent threads over to them.

Michael

Galt,

I highly suggest you look at this thread and all the links therein:

Money and Politics - The Money Masters

It deals with the issues you are just now presenting, including Griffin.

(btw - Jackson did all right about shutting the bank down, but don't ask an American Indian what he thinks of Jackson. Many won't even use 20 dollar bills. The Trail of Tears was as black a mark on American history as any.)

I have been thinking of opening separate forums for economics and history for quite a while. I might later when I get some time as I would want to migrate pertinent threads over to them.

Michael

It was the American version of the Bataan Death March.

Ba'al Chatzaf