A pleasure to be here -

Christopher

Hi,

I've just started browsing all the message boards regarding Objectivism. There's quite an active and attractive community here that I'm looking forward to exploring more. With so much information, I would love feedback on what are generally the active forums/threads regarding some interesting thought on both philosophy and realworld application.

I've been entrenched in ironing out a personal philosophy for several years, and much of that quest started with Objectivism and works by Nathaniel Branden. Until recently I was a business manager at a tech company, and now I'm studying Psychology. BM in tech was a challenging and rewarding career path, but I'm looking for a way to impact the world through pursuing closer personal interests. My current studies revolve around values, specifically the values that are required to achieve biological/psychological health. I am currently working on a grant application for research into virtues. This is perhaps my "subject of specialty," and I would argue that it aligns quite closely with the premises of Objectivism (even if values such as affiliation and social belonging were down-played by Rand).

Best,

Christopher

Christopher:

Welcome. An excellent forum.

"...a grant application for research into virtues..." I and a few friends/associates are also launching some grant proposals.

Where are you applying?

Adam

Christopher:

Welcome. An excellent forum.

"...a grant application for research into virtues..." I and a few friends/associates are also launching some grant proposals.

Where are you applying?

Adam

Hi Adam,

Take a look at www.scienceofvirtues.org. I'd also like to hear where you're applying to.

Best,

Chris

Chris:

We registered with the foundation - on the top right under value is grants.

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Pages/home.aspx

Also, John Lilly founder of Mozilla/Firefox works his profit centers off his center 501 © 3. I frankly try to stay away from any touching of of the government web. When we started Family Advocates in NY we specifically did not go not for profit because we had to stay insulated from the State because we were going right into the teeth of the court system and the matrimonial bar.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-himi...0,2452219.story <<Mozilla/Firefox his grants appear to be more "technical". He even has a weekly web meeting which you can sit in on. Sharp young man. I never have to touch the big blue E again lol. Not even on my desktop anymore.

Adam