Holden Kempf

Hi, Angie,

Funny, I was listening to "Angie" on the car radio only a few hours ago.

--Brant

Interesting coincidence and great timing as I am now curious if you heard the song at the exact moment I was replying to you here on OL :huh: ;) :D hehehehehe!!!!

Naw. It was several hours before that--a pump primer.

--Brant

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, my, you guys really seem to dislike this Victor Pross fellow.

Well if I was driving a steamroller and Victor lay down in front of me to protest what I was doing I would coincidentally turn my head and not see him as I threw another log onto the boiler fire.

--Brant

Thankfully, I was not aware of what happened, but are we talking about actual physical danger because that can easily be handled and quite quickly by

some interesting folks that I know.

You know what I've heard about?

I heard about people that are normally really good posters, respected, great ideas.

And, what it seems everyone knows about them, when you get the background chatter, like it or not, well, that's different.

For instance, there's this one guy along that line that's been around for years, and everyone knows he is a drunk. They know that by picking up

the not-so-subtle change that pretty much anyone who has had the unfortunate experience of living with an alcoholic can easily detect.

There's all kinds of weird junk on forums like that, I just pulled a random example. All kinds of mixes in that. Sometimes people see a pretty avatar and start hitting on it. All kinds of weird funk goes on. Someone once commented to me how forums are condusive to letting people's ids go on, unbridled.

Then you get a new member thread and it turns into a bash-fest, unrelated. Not exactly the Welcome Wagon, is it?

As far as Victor goes, I ask: lay off, please. Somehow, through all this armchair quarterbacking, he and I do remain business partners, and people seem to like the work.

That's my nice way of saying it. More is available.

Respectfully,

rde

Edited by Rich Engle

No, Rich. We're telling Victor to lay off Angie. He's here all the time reading this stuff. He's tried to get back in here by pretending to be someone else many times. He caused real damage to OL and Michael had to spend countless hours fixing it. No one on OL I know of objects to your relationship with Victor and I hope it's good for both of you, but I'll never lay off him when it comes to Angie and OL.

--Brant

Ask her, I just spoke with her last night on the phone, at length. Fortunately we didn't find ourselves spending much time on this, having a lot of catchup, as friends do.

There's no "we" there. He is doing nothing.

And for sure, THIS isn't where you do what you are doing. Ask the boss, I bet he'll back me on that.

You need to stop doing this. Please.

Edited by Rich Engle

Whatever gets it done.

Even if that involves the old commie personnae no-existo thing.

I told both those two they should have never stuck it out in public.

These two are very dear friends of mine. I remain Switzerland.

Until it starts affecting the business. Capitalist, and all.

Edited by Rich Engle

Rich,

Friendship is a wonderful experience.

Man cannot serve two masters as he will serve neither well.

It's not always easy to separate friend from master. The wide blurry line between them is usually hidden from sight.

My advice is to do what is best for Rich. Not for friend. Not for master. That will always work out better.

Michael

No, Rich. We're telling Victor to lay off Angie. He's here all the time reading this stuff. He's tried to get back in here by pretending to be someone else many times. He caused real damage to OL and Michael had to spend countless hours fixing it. No one on OL I know of objects to your relationship with Victor and I hope it's good for both of you, but I'll never lay off him when it comes to Angie and OL.

--Brant

Thank you so much, Brant. It's very kind of you and much appreciated. Definitely gives the feeling and thoughts of being protected and putting that shield up of someone standing between myself and him. Truly gives me warm fuzzy tingly feelings!!! :hug: :D

But no doubt, ignoring and not allowing him to get the best of you is the best defense in this situation because eventually he'll give up because he's not getting that attention he is needing.

Angie

Edited by CNA

• 4 weeks later...

I've signed in here for the first time in four months ... it seems I've lost my taste, after 25 years, for all forms and venues of net.contention with others. Or they've lost their taste for it in regard to me. Or both.

I made a visit out of curiosity, and saw that Angie (CNA) had posted, after an absence of a year or more.

What I wanted to put on record, in case anyone had missed it, was this: I am sorrier than anyone here can imagine, in how I helped to make it possible for Angie to actually meet Victor Pross in person.

(It had to do with telling her about how she could cross the border without a passport to see him, this being before the latest police-state impositions. See the relevant thread, circa April 2007.)

That Pross is actually stalking her, even now, utterly outrages me. It's worse than the fraud of his being a personal, professional, public, and private plagiarist — though it comes from the same inner corruption.

That I facilitated her being able to connect with someone sick enough to end up stalking her profoundly dismays me. I say this even though my not having done so would have deprived me of the utter pleasure of meeting Angie.

I have lost touch with her (not with Pross, who keeps e-mailing me, and to whom I don't reply), and I was fearing for her. I am glad, and quite relieved, to see she is all right.

I think common sense makes it clear that certainly nothing good can come from levelling, in public forums, slanderous/libelous terms such as "stalking."

This is a serious statement, and third party use is clearly inappropriate; more importantly, nothing good can be had from it.

In addition, for what it is worth, I know, to an extremely high degree of certainty, that this activity is not occurring in the here and now. How I know this is unimportant, other than to say I am much closer to this (mainly via extremely constant business enterprise) than anyone that cares to continue this.

Again, leaving it all alone is without doubt the best. Leaving any possible recourse to the parties involved always makes sense. I don't believe this is desirable on OL at all, and I hesitated to even comment more on it.

There is simply nothing positive that will result.

rde

Edited by Rich Engle